General Discussion

Satin Knights

First Post
The Roll Call page is static. Someone has to update it by hand each time. The Adventures page is the dynamic page I have been working on to replace it. So far, the only feature I cannot duplicate would be adding the eidolons to the player list. I think it can be done, but the if/then inclusion lines are tricky to code.

Edit: OK. Got the eidolon part working too.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Wowsers. Looks great. Add my many thanks to the others.

Looks like you've already updated a lot of sheets, but seems like a lot of work for just you, especially for any characters that may be idle. Maybe we should just make the new dynamic blocks part of level up approvals? Ask folks to add them themselves, with help if need be, but then you'd only have to worry about making sure they were there and updated, rather than digging through every sheet on the wiki. Yoinks!

Satin Knights

First Post
Thanks. It is just easiest for me to add them in. It helped me find a couple flaws to adjust for. I will be adding the template to the initial character sheet too when I am all done. And since I have been doing 90% of the level up reviewing lately, it would be mostly me anyways.

Starting the 00_game page is a three step process, so the setup work is a bit much. But after the initial setups, moving a character will be as simple as changing a category they are in.

Satin Knights

First Post
OK. The dynamic page called Adventures is done for its initial loading of data. I think I have all the active characters and games listed.

For GMs, they can modify their game description by editing the corresponding 00_Game_Page. Once you read the source, it is kind of obvious.

For characters, the block that feeds the dynamic data has been appended to the bottom of the Basic Info section. An edit, view source on that will allow you to update your character's name, pic or levels. Switching games is as simple as deleting one category and adding another "Game Name" category.

A couple characters have not wandered back into the DWI after finishing their game of Something's Cooking. So, I put them in a pseudo game called "Wandering the Streets".

The page has replaced the "Roll Call" link on the main wiki page. So, my work is pretty much

I have updated the main character template to include the block. I left in example fields using Kalgor, so if we see a copy of him pop up, we know that the character needs a "bit more editing".

jkason

First Post
For GMs, they can modify their game description by editing the corresponding 00_Game_Page. Once you read the source, it is kind of obvious.

Took me a few tries to figure out how to find the Game Page (yes, I should have just tried Search first, but I've never been accused of logic... ;) ), but I think I've got if figured out now.

Thanks again for all the hard work, SK! Mucho appreciation!

IronWolf

blank
So Fulgrim is going to be looking for a couple of potions of lesser restoration. How cheesy is it for me to have him start with looking for potions of lesser restoration crafted with the aid of paladin so that the potion cost is 50gp versus the more standard 300gp per potion?

I know opinions out there vary, wasn't sure what the sentiment was here on that. Wanted to check before I started rolling for the paladin assisted potions of lesser restoration were rolled for.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases