Pathfinder RPG General Discussion - Page 97

+ Log in or register to post
Page 97 of 155 FirstFirst ... 47 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 147 ... LastLast
    I have a question regarding rules for a rogue talent. Specifically, Opportunist.

"Once per round, the rogue can make an attack of opportunity against an opponent who has just been struck for damage in melee by another character. This attack counts as an attack of opportunity for that round. Even a rogue with the Combat Reflexes feat can't use the opportunist ability more than once per round."

Note that it doesn't say the rogue has to be threatening the damaged character, just that the opponent has to have been damaged in melee. So, my question is, can a rogue (or, say, a Ninja who has this) make a ranged attack of opportunity for this ability?

Short version: Melee and only if you threaten. The limiters are in the AoO description itself. CRB p.180

Long version: "Provoking an Attack of Opportunity: Two kinds of actions can provoke attacks of opportunity: moving out of a threatened square and performing certain actions within a threatened square." The damage received by the opponent is the "certain action" for that sentence.

And "Making an Attack of Opportunity: An attack of opportunity is a single melee attack, and ..."

By taking the snap shot feat tree you can threaten a 15' area, and make a ranged AoO when someone does provoke an AoO.

Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore Mowgli
    Quote Originally Posted by jackslate45 View Post
    By taking the snap shot feat tree you can threaten a 15' area, and make a ranged AoO when someone does provoke an AoO.
    And in that case, specific trumps general.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

Quote Originally Posted by jackslate45 View Post
    That is extremely useful to know, thank you! I thought there was a feat for ranged AoOs, but I'm not familiar enough with Pathfinder to be sure if it was in here or just 3.5 memories.

My archer ranger is going to be taking that feat tree. though it will be years until I see the full results of it.

it combines well with his high dex and combat reflexes.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore DalkonCledwin
    I know this doesn't really pertain to pathfinder, but I am kind of having a hard time locating someone who can answer this question...

Can someone on here, with page number and book title (assuming it isn't only listed in the Players Handbook) tell me what the most recent listing for the cost of a Composite Longbow with a +2 Strength Modifier attached to it would be in Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition?

According to the Players Handbook on Pages 117 and 119 the cost for such a weapon is 300 gp. But I have a DM who is telling me that it actually costs 600 gp which would put the weapon over my budget. So I kind of need a rules clarification, if someone can help me out.
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

Defender (Lvl 8)

GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

Ignore perrinmiller
    It should be 300gp if not masterwork, that is quite clear. SRD backs it up. I am not sure why any other 3.5ed source would list it, since it is in the PHB. Since I know the DM in question, I will help clear this up.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore DalkonCledwin
    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    It should be 300gp if not masterwork, that is quite clear. SRD backs it up. I am not sure why any other 3.5ed source would list it, since it is in the PHB. Since I know the DM in question, I will help clear this up.
    thanks PM
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

Hopefully the notification system is working, cause EnWorld is back online!!!

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 97 of 155 FirstFirst ... 47 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 147 ... LastLast