Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga, [4E] [OOC 01] [full]

Leif

Adventurer
Thought we needed a properly dedicated OOC thread associated with this game for myself, Scotley, Lou, Walking Dad, Shayuri, and Sparky. These are all of the current players in this game, and recruiting is CLOSED.

CAMPAIGN BACKSTORY

[SBLOCK=A Note on Names]
Don't worry overmuch if your characters do not all have the same surname. In my world at least, Eladrin consider themselves free to choose their own names when they come of age. Many honor their father and/or mother by choosing a same name, surname or not it just depends, but many others feel more independent and do not select names common among their kin. Your PCs may all be siblings, from the same birth even(!), and yet you could all have totally unrelated names. Your close kinship is nevertheless written in your hearts and in your blood.
[/sblock]
[sblock=How PCs got to 8th Level]
Level 1: Battled the minions of a Goblin Warlock in the FeyWild [Leif]
Level 2: Continued the Battle with the Goblin Warlock's forces, routed the Warlock himself, too, and ousted him from the FeyWild. [Leif again]
Level 3:
Level 4:
Level 5:
Level 6:
Level 7: First learned of Dweomerfall while pursuing a Firbolg Rogue in the Feywild. Caught and defeated him thoroughly.[Leif yet again]
Level 8: Seeking the cause/source of the Dweomerfall, fight black dragon Archangault
[/sblock]
[sblock=House Phaedran Assigns the PCs to Investigate the DweomerFall]
All of the PCs are affiliated with House Phaedran, be it by blood, by oath and duty, or whatever the case may be. Bottom line: You are all, for whatever reason, loyal to House Phaedran and you've become dependent upon the powerful reputation of the House. But the group of you are not just members of the House, you are Scions of the Power of House Phaedran. You, each one of you separately, and all of you together as a group, are being groomed to lead the House into the future. But rather than keep you under heavy guard and cloistered away from danger, the Elders of House Phaedran have seen the wisdom of equipping you to face any challenges that may arise so that you may defeat those challenges soundly. And, to that end, you are expected to continually hone your skills and increase your abilities.

When the Wizards and the Seers of House Phaedran became aware of the danger of the DweomerFall, they naturally thought of you. The DweomerFall is a condition whereby the very essence of magic is being slowly drained from both the Feywild and the nearby Prime Material Plane. The rate of drain is quite slow, but the Eladrin tend to take a long-range view of such things, and over a long enough time, the DweomerFall could conceivably threaten much of the way of life that you now know. The Elders have been clear: The time to stop this DweomerFall is NOW. The rest is in your hands. The Elders do not expect you to solve the mystery and the problem in a weekend. They know that the flow of information may be maddeningly slow at times, but they do expect you to make occasional progress and follow any leads that fall into your laps.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Set-Up for Opening Scene of the Campaign]
The PCs have gathered in the Feywild at their favorite wine fountain in the tavern called the Laughing Gull, located among the white towers of Astrazalian, City of Starlight. You are all here, as is your good friend Yrellen. You have agreed to meet with her here after recovering from your recent intense but indecisive battle with the Black Dragon Archangault, which occurred on the Prime Material Plane. Archangault eluded you at the end, and absconded, but you know not to whence.
[/sblock]

OOC: Copyright Notice: Copyright is hereby claimed in and for the terms "Dweomerfall," "Dweomerfall Saga," and "All-Eladrin Dweomerfall Saga," and all original storylines and writing contained in this and all associated threads -- Copyright 2011 by C. L. Hamman. Permission is granted to players in this game to use these terms freely in the game and reasonable license is permitted to use them outside the game in speaking about the game, promoting the game, or other fair use as that term is defined in U.S. copyright law. All other rights are expressly reserved.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Howdy do, new thread.

What about something with Yrellen in the lower levels?
Which lower levels? Yrellen is the group's friend, confidante, and sort of an RA/Miss Hathaway figure. This is not uncommon among noble families of Eladrin to have a sort of sponsor/friend who is a bit older than the noble children and who can act as a good influence, sort of in loco parentis in a way, but also someone to whom you can confide things that you'd never tell your mother, all while making sure that you don't get into too much trouble. Anyway, Yrellen is a Wizard/Priestess of sorts (perhaps a Druid?), you're not really quite sure and she's very clever and careful never to commit to being anything but your good friend, but you have picked up on hints that she at least dabbles with ritual magic some.

Have all of you thought any more on how you wish for the PCs to be akin to each other? If so, I'd like to know, please? My default decision, unless I am otherwise instructed, will be for all of you to be siblings. Each player has veto power over that decision at present -- however that power will be lost unless it is exercised very soon. Thinking back now, I recall that Sparky had expressed a desire to be the child of a sort of 'servant' or 'vassal' to House Phaedran, with special loyalty to Shayuri's character. However, this assumes that Shayuri wants to be one of the Chosen Eladrin Siblings -- A reasonable hypothesis, perhaps, but by no means a foregone conclusion.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I think that would be a good fit for her, as I envisioned her as a scion of the House, not a direct heir perhaps, but in the line of succession should unfortunate accidents take place with suspicious precision. :)

Scotley

Hero
I'm good with the sibling thing, but I'm also good with my character being a lesser child of the house. Perhaps it is the duty of 4th sons to go into the military or assassination corps? I'm a little behind getting my background posted, so I'll build it around whatever the others decide.

Leif

Adventurer
New Idea

Ok, since everyone seems a little reluctant to jump out there and do the heavy lifting for me, how's about if I do a little myself? This is just an idea, mind you, if anybody has a problem with it, please let me know and I'll find a way to address your concerns. However, I think this idea will be more in line with the murmerings I'm "hearing" so far.

[Revised in Post #12)
Potential Group Family HIstory
The Party are all scions of House Phaedran, which puts them in the Second Tier of Eladrin nobility. The group's dear friend, confidante, and mentor, Yrellen, is, on the contrary, Royalty. Her elder brother is Heir Apparent to the Ruby Throne, which makes her fourth back in the line of succession until her brother has a child of his own. To say that the party has the Emeror's ear is something of an understatement. You have always had pretty much your choice of appointments in the Summer Court, the lone exception being that you have always been required to give place to Yrellen and the other Royal offspring.

Sulannus Phaedran, as the eldest sibling, is the Heir Apparent to your father the Baron of Laurelwood. Little Harnithael is the baby sister who was always snatching at Sulannus's coattails.

Will that suffice, or do you wish to be moved even further back from the crown? I've gone ahead, Sparky, and put you back in the family, but made you the brat of the crew. You may not like that, but I hope it's ok. I'd really like for you to be in the family if I can convince you somehow?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, no sweat. I just wanted to make sure that you could find us after I did some mojo with the threads and stuff like that.

Sparky

I'd rather be an elder brother, unable to stand in line for succession (for some reason or another... maybe because he can't harness Arcane power? Or it got burnt out of him when he was younger and training? And being an arcane wielder is a prereq for being in line for the throne. Bratty tag-along little sister is about as far from Harnithael (as I have envisioned him) as I can imagine. :)

Burnt out or 'untalented' eldest. Does that work?

I don't mind at all coming up with a new concept that fits what you want.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases