Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga, [4E] [OOC 01] [full]

Leif

Adventurer
Lou's Swordmage is Quinivan.
Sparky caught me. I changed it to Rinivan Phaedran so as to not have two PCs with similar names.

I also need standard equipment.
Great! No sweat, then. Full steam ahead!

I'm set, but for some mundane equipment not listed on the sheet, like one everburning torch, some spare sunrods and an equipped horse. Heck, I want at last a group riding somewhere and not always walking or standing on a boat.
That's cool with me! Do Eladrin prefer horses, or more exotic mounts? I can even see making a special dispensation to allow mounts to travel across planes with PCs, should such prove necessary. So far, the planar travel you may or may not be doing will probably be just by ordinary travel where the WorldVeils are exceptionally thin. Much like walking through 'Shadows' in Roger Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Looks like I need those stats for the Magebred Destrier. I'd appreciate it if you would both post the stats in a post here, and also provide a link to the Builder page where they are found. Justa run-of-the-mill warhorse in MMI has some pretty impressive stats, I must say! And a Celestial Charger seems like it might just be a fitting mount for some Eladrin Champions, or is the Magebred Destrier even better?

Last edited:

Sparky

Magebred Destrier attached.

Add Impenetrable Barding (Resist 5 for damage).

Did you want the Compendium link? If you want the builder info - the Magebred Destrier is in Equipment under Mounts.

Attachments

• Magebred Destrier.png
    Magebred Destrier.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 117

Sparky

Does anyone in the party have a contact (or would be likely to have a contact) at the college?

That's definitely not something Harnithael would have.

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks, Sparky! Actually, at the bottom of that entry, there's a cite to page 42 of the Eberron Campaign Guide, actually I think it says "campaign setting" but it means Campaign Guide. Anyway, page 43 of the Eberron Campaign Guide has the entry for Magebred Destrier that is identical to what you posted. There is also a price chart for mounts in the ECG, and a Magebred Destrier costs 1,000 gp! Guess it's a good thing that your characters started with as much mundane equipment of whatever kind desired.

I will point out this discrepancy: in the stat block in ECG, it says the Magebred Destrier has a speed of 8, but in the "Mounts" table on the facing page, it shows the Magebred Destrier having a speed of 10, traveling 50 miles per day, and the load information is as follows -- Normal: 275 lbs., Heavy: 550 lbs., Push/Drag: 1,375 lbs. I suppose with Walking Dad just itching to get into a mounted combat, the speed discrepancy will probably come up in play sooner rather than later, and my feeling is to credit the stat block for the Magebred Destrier over the "Mounts" table, so that would make the beasts speed 8. The entry that you attached to the last post also says Speed 8, so this is not a problem at all.

The entry for Magebred Destrier says: "House Vadalis magically enhances natural creatures to breed superior versions. A magebred destrier is a superior steed valued for its endurance, intelligence, and speed." Now, I have some small issues with this description, this NOT being an Eberron game and all. But I really have no problem with the ones who came up with this breed being known as House Vadalis. (In fact, they are probably also known for their special Vidalis Onions, Vidalis Hair Tonic, or something....) There may even be a few other 'houses' here and there, but there are no Dragonmarks, no Lightning Rail, no flying ships, and elves do not have a morbid fascination with undeath and undying. So don't even be asking.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Does anyone in the party have a contact (or would be likely to have a contact) at the college?

That's definitely not something Harnithael would have.
This is up to each player, but I would be surprised if at least one, and possibly more, of you didn't have such a contact. Would it be so against his "grain" for Harnithael to have some connection to the college's competitive archery team?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases