Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga, [4E] [OOC 01] [full]

Sparky

Are Quarion and Harnithael close enough to engage? I ask because I don't know how close the gates of the city (where we are waiting) are to the college.

Leif

Adventurer
My bad, Sparky. We'll say that Quarion and Harnithael have already been picked up by the others at the gates and are now outside the walls near where your Feywild Chargers were grazing and frolicking. I'd prefer to just go with the map that's already posted. That ok?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
All eladrin have that +5 vs Charm. I don't have my books or the CB handy, but a quick search turned up a thread at the Wizards forum.
Indeed! All Eladrin have +1 Will and +5 vs. Charm as a racial attribute. See p. 285 of Heroes of the Fallen Lands. This applies to the initial save vs. the effect, but not the later DC10 roll to end the effect once the first save is failed. Isn't that correct, Scotley?

Shayuri

First Post
Depends. There is no "initial save." The DC10 roll is the save. The "initial save" is when the power rolls versus a defense to attack you.

I'm fuzzy on the Eladrin bonus applying to defenses or to saves though. But if it applies to saves, then it would mean they only need to roll 5 or better to successfully save against Charm effects, unless the effect in question had some save penalties on it.

Lou

Explorer
Umm, why are we not reading the line from the PH p. 38:

"In addition, you [Eladrin] gain a +5 racial bonus to saving throws against charm effects."

Seems pretty clear to me to a 5+ saving throw roll against a charm effect is successful in ending the charm effect. So in this case??, the effect steps down for a round and the next savings throw??

Leif

Adventurer
Depends. There is no "initial save." The DC10 roll is the save. The "initial save" is when the power rolls versus a defense to attack you.

I'm fuzzy on the Eladrin bonus applying to defenses or to saves though. But if it applies to saves, then it would mean they only need to roll 5 or better to successfully save against Charm effects, unless the effect in question had some save penalties on it.
The Eladrin bonus applies to both defenses and saves: +1 to Will Defense and +5 to saves vs. Charm effects.
Umm, why are we not reading the line from the PH p. 38:

"In addition, you [Eladrin] gain a +5 racial bonus to saving throws against charm effects."

Seems pretty clear to me to a 5+ saving throw roll against a charm effect is successful in ending the charm effect. So in this case??, the effect steps down for a round and the next savings throw??
That was my whole point, and where I screwed up here. Sorry guys. Since both of these saves are the result of a Charm effect, the bonus will also apply to the Dazed aftereffect of the Shimmering Scales Charm.

Since the save DC has been lowered to 5, I don't specifically remember so, but I figure that at least a few of you will make the initial saves, if not all of you. Please edit your previous posts to so reflect, if necessary. We'll pick up from there with the actions of those who did successfully save after all, and I'll sort through the carnage later tonight and try to salvage some semblance of order from this misbegotten encounter. [Sheesh, you try to liven things up with a gratuitous combat, and all He** breaks loose!]

Leif

Adventurer
Just to recap, Harnithael, Quarion, and Sulannus all successfully saved versus the Charm effect of the Sicuriju's Shimmering Scales, so they are only Charmed for this round because of the successful attack against their Will defenses. Next round, their condition improves to Dazed, and they must again make a save to end that condition. Their Eladrin bonus to Charm effects applies to this also, since the whole thing started as a charm. Still don't have a save for Galindan. The way it's looking, the party is only going to lose two rounds of attacks because of this effect, Rinivan not even that much. I have faith that you'll be ok. ;)

Does everyone want to go back and edit posts to relect successful saves and the impending improvement of conditions to Dazed for next round? Then I'll be ready to smack Rinivan around for a round and everyone can make a DC 5 save to get rid of the Dazed condition. Then it (should) be Snake Barbeque time!

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
You have to roll the attacks for each target in an area separately (but only one damage roll, if needed). I rolled two save with these post. Sorry for being late. Computer troubles.

Leif

Adventurer
You have to roll the attacks for each target in an area separately (but only one damage roll, if needed). I rolled two save with these post. Sorry for being late. Computer troubles.
No sweat about being late. ;) Yeah, that was my mistake rolling only one attack for everyone in the area, but I'm going to leave it alone this time. Can't we cut the poor monster a little slack this one time? :eek: (All I can do is promise to make it up to everyone later. Is that ok?)

W. Dad, you've posted two successful saves, so you're condition will go from Stunned to Dazed after one round and then from Dazed back to normal after two rounds.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases