Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga, [4E] [OOC 01] [full]

Leif

Adventurer
I just like saying y'all. It sounds homey and friendly. The best of suthun' hospitality without the connotations of backwardness and intolerance. I hope. :)
The backwardness and intolerance don't apply to everyone who really lives in the south, nor even, one hopes, to most of us.* It's good to know that plain ol' Southern Hospitality is alive and well in the South and outside it as well! :)

(It's a good thing that I know you weren't referring to present company when you mentioned "backwardness and intolerance," or else you and I, suh, would have an appointment with the weapons of yowah choice to settle the slight once and foah awwll. hehehe)

* There are, of course, knuckleheads in the south just like there are everywhere else. It's a common malady from which we all suffer, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hm. I guess what I was trying to say was that a lot of people I know associate backwardness and intolerance with a thick southern accent. That doesn't mean they're right to do it, and I didn't mean to imply that they were.

Also, update asap...I would have today, but circumstances involving a doctor's appointment and the total implosion of my computer prevented it.

Leif

Adventurer
No problem whatsoever -- that's what I understood you to mean. I just couldn't resist responding as I did just in case I was in error.

No hurry on the update. I'm kinda enjoying the break to tell the truth.

Shayuri

First Post
Um...lol...

Leif, I realize I neglected to use my usual dialog color, but the quotation marks in my post still represent the delineation between what my character said, and did not say. :)

Sulannus never said 'fool.' She thought it. And even if yon mage is reading her mind, the word never 'passed her lips.'

(^_^)

Leif

Adventurer
Umm, you know, I've never been quite sure what was meant by the term 'railroad,' but I think that this game probably is the very definition of the term. I apologize for that, butI don't really see much relief from it any time soon. I'd like to move more towards a sand-box feel to the game, but with me making up the setting as we go along player input may make that too difficult at the moment. Of course, the players could start to make up the setting just as much as I do, and sorta make their own sand-box.

Yeah, I think I'd like that. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Well, I'm gonna bow out. I hope I haven't damaged things too much by staying in and trying, and failing, to make things work out. It probably would have been better if I'd dropped earlier, and I hope you guys can get it going and have fun again. I do feel like I've been a bit of a lead weight though, and that's no one's fault but my own. The game and character never quite clicked for me, and I should have acted decisively sooner.

Apologies and best wishes.

Leif

Adventurer
Well, I'm gonna bow out. I hope I haven't damaged things too much by staying in and trying, and failing, to make things work out. It probably would have been better if I'd dropped earlier, and I hope you guys can get it going and have fun again. I do feel like I've been a bit of a lead weight though, and that's no one's fault but my own. The game and character never quite clicked for me, and I should have acted decisively sooner.

Apologies and best wishes.
Thanks for trying, Shayuri.

Leif

Adventurer
Clerics, Druids, Bards, and Warlords

The only thing that hurts the party is the fact that Shayuri was the only Leader. We can recruit another player, but this would be my least favorite solution. We can also add an npc cleric, druid, warlord, or bard, possibly a henchman of a party member, or better yet, a family retainer who is loyal to the whole Phaedran clan. Or we could permit a re-build of one or more remaining pcs to include a bit of Leader ability, either as a class ability or multiclass via feat. Of course, this being 4E, where everyone has his/her own healing surges, it's not critical that we have a Leader at all. Want to just do without a Leader for a bit and see how it goes?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases