Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga, [4E] [OOC 01] [full]

Leif

Adventurer
I somewhat agree with you, Dad, as much as I hate to say it, and that would explain both this result and the recent failure of my Treveller game. You just can't relly pull off a PbP as a reactionary GM. That being said, I can railroad more if you like?

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes, railroad as much as you think you need to keep us focused and the game going. Looking at the games that were actually completed on this board, they had very specific goals and a clear path to follow the story. That doesn't mean you shouldn't allow player creativity, but be prepared for the lack of it ;)
I'm .ore than willing to give this another chance :)

Leif

Adventurer
Yes, railroad as much as you think you need to keep us focused and the game going. Looking at the games that were actually completed on this board, they had very specific goals and a clear path to follow the story. That doesn't mean you shouldn't allow player creativity, but be prepared for the lack of it ;)
I'm more than willing to give this another chance :)
Thanks for the vote of confidence, WD! So, we currently have you, Walking Dad with your Bladesinger wizard, Scotley's Assassin, Lou's Shielding Swordmage, and pesumably Sparky's Ranger. The party is minus a healer now, with the departure of Shayuri's Bard, but you still may have a sufficent party as it now stands. Comments/Suggestions, anyone/?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Move the story forward in some direction. Hmmm, easier said than done, apparently. What do you guys say we turn this into a sandbox-type game, driven by player desires? One or two of the players give me a seed, a secenario, a quest, or something, and we'll all collaborate to write the thing? Sound feasible?

Walking Dad

First Post
After reading some of the 5e playtests, I somehow got a need to do a good old fashioned dungeon crawl. Maybe we need an artifact hidden in a maze full of monsters and traps? Not very story intensive... but I would like to roll some (virtual) dice.

Lou

Explorer
So the BB Dragon sends the PCs on a quest to retreive an atrifact from a dungeon that he cannot reach. If they fail, he will take care of them personally. If they succeed, he will grant them each a boon. The artifact will actually require more than the dragon expects, leading to a continued relationship with the PCs.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases