Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga, [4E] [OOC 01] [full]

Walking Dad

First Post
If one has to be in the direct succession, Galin can be the one.

I found the thread, BTW. Already subscribed to it since the first post.

Scotley, shall we link characters? Both are arcane sword-wielders.

Leif

Adventurer
Revised Potential Group Family HIstory
The Party are all scions of House Phaedran, which puts them in the Second Tier of Eladrin nobility. The group's dear friend, confidante, and mentor, Yrellen, is, on the contrary, Royalty. Her elder brother is Heir Apparent to the Ruby Throne, which makes her fourth back in the line of succession until her brother has a child of his own. To say that the party has the Emperor's ear is something of an understatement. You have always had pretty much your choice of appointments in the Summer Court, the lone exception being that you have always been required to give place to Yrellen and the other Royal offspring.

Harnithael Phaedran is the eldest sibling, but he is ineligible to lead the family because an unfortunate accident (a little help here, Sparky?) left him unable to harness arcane powers. Sister Sulannus, the next eldest sibling, is the Heir Apparent to your father the Baron of Laurelwood.

I'd rather be an elder brother, unable to stand in line for succession (for some reason or another... maybe because he can't harness Arcane power? Or it got burnt out of him when he was younger and training? And being an arcane wielder is a prereq for being in line for the throne. Bratty tag-along little sister is about as far from Harnithael (as I have envisioned him) as I can imagine. :)

Burnt out or 'untalented' eldest. Does that work?
I tried to work that into a revised history above. How's that look?

You guys correct me if my impressions are wrong, but I was envisioning Galin and Quarion to be the rowdy middle brothers, somewhat along the lines of Fred Weasley and his twin in the Harry Potter movies, and Lou's Swordmage to be the precocious-pain-in-the-ass youngest brother. Thoughts, anyone?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I'm fine with this, but I want to be the brother that survives ;)
Naturally! Scotley may have something to say about that, too, of course. Hmm, I'm not sure I'd want to be in opposition to an Assassin in a case like that, even if he was my brother, but Good Luck to you all the same, Dad.

So we are nearly a band of brothers with an older sis?
Except that your brother Harnithael Phaedran (played by Sparky) is older than sis Sulannus (played by Shayuri). Harnithael's "accident" (?) when he was a mere lad (?) left him unable to manipulate arcane energies, and so disqualified him to be the heir.

How weird is it that the brother played by a girl is older than the sister played by a guy??

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero

Sure, sounds good. I'll try to come up with some ideas. Maybe I should have another cup of coffee to get the creative juices flowing...

Scotley

Hero
Okay, it seems Quarion is the less intelligent and more foolish of the brothers, but he is quick on his feet and a bit more personable. I think it makes sense for him to be the younger brother with a habit of getting into trouble that Galinndan often had to get him out of.

Quarion is going to have to have spent some time in the Shadowfell. Any chance Galinndan could have gone there to study exotic magics at some point? Maybe in a rough and tumble sort of city? While Galinndan was studying, Quarion was out running the streets. That would explain his more rogue-like urban skill set, which I suspect would be harder to learn in the Feywild.

Leif

Adventurer
PC Birth Order Establsihed?

1. Harnithael Phaedran, M
2. Sulannus Phaedran, F
3. Galinndan Phaedran, M
4. Quarion, M
5. [Lou's Swordmage]

Last edited:

Sparky

Harnithael's Arcane mishap -

1. Born that way.
-- An very early casualty of the DweomerFall, before it was even detectable, what little magic he would have wielded got drained away - or maybe fetuses are very susceptible to DweomerFall. That would make the most sense if he were youngest. So this isn't a strong contender.
-- Natural anomalous magical birth.
-- Mother cursed by rival clan or hostile Fey. Cursing firstborn seems to be very fey-ish. I'll just have to keep Harn away from any spinning wheels.

2. An accident
-- During his studies, Harn's reach exceeded his grasp. He (supervised? Unsupervised? Manipulated?) attempted something out of scale with his abilities and burnt his arcane abilities out.
-- Before the policy of the Elders to let the heirs explore and grow and challenge themselves in the world, Harnithael 'snuck out.' In his rowdy youthful adventure (to get a Feywing Drake egg?), he ran across something (a monster, a ruin, a curse, a trap) that destroyed his power.

3. Targeted attack.
-- An attack on the House targeting Harn as the heir. Sulannus leaps to his defense and is in the line of fire. She is in mortal danger and Harnithael unsaves himself stepping up to take the brunt of the attack.
-- An attack on the House targeting their father, Harnithael interposes himself and takes the brunt of the attack.

One of those work?

Leif

Adventurer
Harnithael's Mishap:

Personally, I like 1(c)-mother cursed, 2(a)-reach>grasp, and 2(b)-monster/curse/trap burnout. But that's just what I like. Pick what you like.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases