Wallflower--FRINGE Season IV/AWWP #7

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Wallflower

While Olivia copes with migraines, she and her team investigate an invisible force which kills its victims and causes the body to turn a ghostly white. As they trace the pattern of deaths, the Fringe team realizes that the force is linked to someone who died of an unknown genetic disorder.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Was Peter tryng to hook up nerd guy with Olivia?
I find that just... weird.

Firstly, if it really isn't the 'right' timeline, then why the Hell do I care about it? If Peter is just going to 'fix' it all and revert everything, then I'm becoming invested in THIS version of the characters for no reason. Which also begs the question, "Are they the characters I cared about all throughout the other seasons?"

If Peter is right, then him setting up Olivia is still creepy but at least there's some bizarro-world logic to it. But then if he's right, then why do I care? I'm hoping he's wrong, in which case he's setting 'his' Olivia up, which has all sorts of keys-in-a-bowl connotations.

delericho

Legend
Firstly, if it really isn't the 'right' timeline, then why the Hell do I care about it? If Peter is just going to 'fix' it all and revert everything, then I'm becoming invested in THIS version of the characters for no reason. Which also begs the question, "Are they the characters I cared about all throughout the other seasons?"

I'm pretty sure they're not - key parts of the backstory are just different, personalities aren't quite the same, and so on.

If Peter is right, then him setting up Olivia is still creepy but at least there's some bizarro-world logic to it. But then if he's right, then why do I care? I'm hoping he's wrong, in which case he's setting 'his' Olivia up, which has all sorts of keys-in-a-bowl connotations.

Yeah, that's something of a problem for the show.

My guess is that we're going to end up with either a four-way merge of universes later on (possibly as a result of Peter using the machine in his current universe), or perhaps that in order to fix the crumbling reality in all four universes he'll need to collapse the various iterations down to a single universe - which will make things very interesting when both Peter and Nerd Guy make a play for the one remaining Olivia.

Either way, I can't see them just abandoning this iteration of the characters entirely after spending so long building them up. But stranger things have happened - I'm still not convinced that this version of reality actually makes any sense, as it seems to be built on a paradox.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases