Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
In the side room, Edwyd moves behind a table and slaps a map down on its surface. "Right then! Names, please? You know mine: I'm Edwyd Edwyd, of Edwyd's Victuals next door."

OOC: This is a short vignette, and it shouldn't last more than a month.

Let's try to keep the posting rate up to about one post per person per day, even if you're just popping in to say you can't post an action today. If anybody isn't keeping up (including, no, especially me!), feel free to call that person out! Nothing is worse for a PbP game than a slow pace, so I'm going to be fairly aggressive about NPCing after 48 hours of inactivity.

Roll on invisiblecastle.com under a consistent name, or roll here, using ENWorld's dice roller, it matters not. My rolls are under "DM Rae".

XP will be awarded for roleplaying, so stay in character!

Try to keep your character's state (hit points, current spells, etc.) up to date in your posts, especially during combat. I'll also try to keep track.

That's enough administrivia, let's hear introductions and get this parade on the promenade.

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
Kalli Deepwarden: Dwarf Barbarian 1

The scarred dwarf comes into the room, his blond hair tied back in a pony tail.

"Kalli Deepwarden," he says, his voice deep and gruff. "Good to meet you Arthur and Edwyd. I'm looking forward to getting out on the road again. "

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

Kaleva joins Edwyd and the other adventurers in the private room. He is stereotypically dwarvish. He wears leather work clothes, but can be seen to be wearing a chain shirt between the layers of clothing. He has a buckler strapped to one arm on which the holy symbol of Chennet' has been inlaid with silver.

He greats the baker, "I am Kaleva, a cleric of Chennet'. I find your devotion to your art admirable. I will be happy to provide an honor guard for your creation, but please tell me, does it need a guard beyond the needs of simple honor?"

OOC: I look forward to the adventure. A short vignette might be best for a beginner like me.

rubisco

First Post
Petra closes the door behind her and nods to the others. "My name is Petra, of Arkanian. It's nice to meet you all. I was part of the 2nd Marines, 6th Battalion in the Vastermarch Cities marines. They called us the 'Templars,'" she says, looking to see if anyone recognized the moniker. She doubted it, as she had found that the interest in the military exploits of Vastermarch were universally tepid. "If we can, I would like to add that I'd like to avoid bloodshed, no matter who is the aggressor."

She takes a couple steps closer to the group, allowing a better cast of light on her. She has scars here and there and her leather cuirass seems to be well worn, but she carries herself as if she's wearing the finest dress armor. Her head is always high and her back always straight, as if a parent or superior was watching. She quietly waits for instruction.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"That's the spirit, Petra, no bloodshed! It's simply out of the question! To answer your question, Kaleva, your duty is a bit more than just an honor guard. As I said, this particular pie is practically irresistible, and not a parade goes by anymore when it makes it all the way to my house without a interruption. But you've got to keep in mind that these are simple, normal folks, just letting their noses get the best of their noggins, and after all's said and done, it's just a pie. So let's keep the swords sheathed or mercy-bound or what have you, eh?

"In addition to being the honor guard, you're also marketing, alright? I love this inn with all my heart, and Joe's a great neighbor and friend, none better, in fact, but it's tough to compete with free. This annual event is my chance to parade my pie-making prowess, and it's partly up to you folks to make sure it's an orderly affair.

"Of course, it's a bit drizzly outside today, but I can't help what day my anniversary falls on! So I leave it to you to get this pie to the missus, untouched by the elements and any untoward interlopers. Oh, and once you arrive at my abode, it's traditional for one, only one!, brigadier to present the pie to my lovely wife with a bow.

"Think you can take care of all that? The map's right there, and the parade begins outside my shop in an hour. Any questions?"

Medina

Explorer
Kalli snickers to himself, unable to stop the thought of firing the pie at the bakers wife with a longbow entering his mind.

"No questions from me, Edwyd. I'm not much of a marketeer, but I'll keep the pie safe."

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

Kaleva considers Edwyd's explanation.

"You say that this is a form of promotion for you. Does this mean that we must keep the pie within the view of onlookers? If so, the rain complicates things significantly."

rubisco

First Post
Petra nods to Kaleva, then looks at Edwyd. She seems to be talking more to herself than to Edwyd. "And will you be coming with us? If not, we should designate one person solely to hold the pie. And while marketing may be important, I think first and foremost is the safe delivery ... so we need a waterproof container for the pie ..." She continues thinking to herself, staring at the pie, and messing with her blond braid.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases