Character Level Up Approvals

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Frost:
a) At the top of the skills section, the DD hadn't moved from 1 -> 2. Corrected.
b) The time based gold hasn't been awarded yet. It is on the first page of the adventure so I can keep a running tally as to how much treasure you should be finding. It will come soon.
c) Interesting 2nd level spell choice. Fluff wise, perfect. Technically, yeah I can see it's purpose and the reason why. Would I have though of it, nope! :cool:

Frost is APPROVED for eighth level.

Sometime soon, someone has to take a calculator and update the Time Based XP page to go past 8th. :D

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Reviewing Frost:
a) At the top of the skills section, the DD hadn't moved from 1 -> 2. Corrected.
b) The time based gold hasn't been awarded yet. It is on the first page of the adventure so I can keep a running tally as to how much treasure you should be finding. It will come soon.
c) Interesting 2nd level spell choice. Fluff wise, perfect. Technically, yeah I can see it's purpose and the reason why. Would I have though of it, nope! :cool:

Frost is APPROVED for eighth level.

Sometime soon, someone has to take a calculator and update the Time Based XP page to go past 8th. :D

Thanks, SK!

(I know the TGP isn't available, but it makes it easier for me to keep up with if I do it at each level up. Good idea marking it with a note, though - not sure why I didn't think of that).

On a note related to my 2nd level spell choice - Sorcerers can exchange a spell at each even level from 4th up. This level up is a DD level, which does weird things to her sorcerer level - though it's not a true Sorcerer level, for many effects her caster level is now 6th. Can she use the increases in caster level granted by her DD levels to exchange spells? I'd like to trade in the 1st level Protection from Evil for something else now that I've got the new/improved version.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
The key sentence in the DD description: (S)He does not, however, gain other benefits a character of that class would have gained, except for additional spells per day, spells known (if he is a spontaneous spellcaster), and an increased effective level of spellcasting.

She would not get the Bonus spells from her dragon bloodline if they were not specifically also included in the Blood of Dragons DD class feature. Since they are specifically mentioned there, she does get her bonus spells.

Therefore, Frost is Sorcerer 3
Treated as Sorcerer 4 for number of spells per day
Treated as Sorcerer 4 for number of known spells
Treated as Sorcerer 4 for bonus spells of dragon bloodline
Treated as Sorcerer 5 for Bloodline Powers
Treated as Sorcerer 6 for variables dependent on Caster Level

So, she cannot swap out spells yet. Since she is likely taking only DD levels from now on, she will not be able to swap out spells. Looking over both classes, the swap out seems to be the one thing she loses in order to gain all the DD goodies. So, it is still a sweet deal.

It would be a shame to burn a character rewrite to change one spell. Maybe we could charge you a few DMC credits. ;)

Systole

First Post
I have a houserule that spontaneous casters can 'upgrade' a spell, thus losing the lower level spell and opening a spell slot at the lower level. For example, if an oracle took Cure Moderate, he could lose Cure Light and pick up a new 1st level spell.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
It would be a shame to burn a character rewrite to change one spell. Maybe we could charge you a few DMC credits. ;)

Gotta earn some more first :lol:

If she comes across a couple more things to change - feats that don't play out like I want, etc. I'll consider a rewrite. In spite of the fact that all three of my characters here have been casters, my history has been one mainly of rogue-ish sorts. I don't have the experience or the eye for stacking/complimentary effects required to choose spells wisely or build any kind of optimized character.

Honestly, it's not that big a deal - she's always been intended to be a melee fighter with a few spells rather than the other way 'round. Since she can't cast while she's raging she's gotta limit herself to one or two buffs before combat.

And yes, the rest of her levels will be either DD or Barbarian.

Satin Knights

First Post
Okay, finally got around to Rhydius, but he wasn't actively looking for more work, so ...

A) marked FC bonus as taken as +1 HP in a couple places.
B) listed skills trained in the level up section.
C) You had shorted yourself by 575 gp because of only listing the gold earned instead of total value earned on the Guard Duty job.
D) At the top, you should mark as to if your background is "open, closed or ask" for GMs to weave your background into an adventure.
E) Marked Archery as your Combat Style path and source of the feat.

Rhydius is APPROVED for second level.

Satin Knights

First Post
Ack! She's catching up. Kalgor must spend DMC. (checking) Won't win that race. :eek:

Reviewing Tyrien:
a) I added the Weapon Focus+Specialization in the combat section so all bonuses could be tallied in one spot.
b) Then I split them as conditional and always applying.
c) You hadn't added an Adventure Log entry for Kostry Kopec and recorded the XP. Fixed.

Tyrien is APPROVED for 6th level.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases