Character Level Up Approvals

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
It looks like both the alignment and regional language issues have been decided, yes? In which case, I think you just have to give Bren another language or swap out one of his Linguistics ranks, and I can give him his first approval (sorry for the delay; I think the language stuff was decided just as I was leaving for vacation).

Done! And no worries on the delay - Bren's still "somewhere on the road between Irthos and Venza," waiting for Fury and Cytheria to find him on their way to the secret lake . . .

Breninyr will still need a second approval (from anyone), as he's a new (replacement) character and not actually a level up.

Satin Knights

First Post
Looking over Breninyr. Yikes! He is legal. But looking at his skills, I would label him a charlatan or con man, not a cleric. ;) I will give him the second approval, but please do one thing for me. After that many years of training in the monastery and priesthood, move at least one rank into Knowledge Religion. :p That, or drop his INT to seven so he has an excuse for never remembering all that he ever was taught.

I am afraid this character will have a hard time being effective. His HP are low. He doesn't break double digits in damage. The AC is low for that level. With such a split level, his casting capabilities are crippled as well. Yeah, you can try it. But, I suspect if he survives an adventure, he will be retired for something else.

Other little tidbits:
a) Monk's Robe, not Monk's Shirt.
B) if you swapped the Monk's Robe for a Phylactery of Positive Channeling, you would at least be doing 5d6 with your healing channels.
-SK

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Thanks, SK!

Looking over Breninyr. Yikes! He is legal. But looking at his skills, I would label him a charlatan or con man, not a cleric. ;) I will give him the second approval, but please do one thing for me. After that many years of training in the monastery and priesthood, move at least one rank into Knowledge Religion. :p That, or drop his INT to seven so he has an excuse for never remembering all that he ever was taught.

Done - even one better, I swapped a couple of point from Diplomacy and gave him Knowledge (History) as well.

I am afraid this character will have a hard time being effective. His HP are low. He doesn't break double digits in damage. The AC is low for that level. With such a split level, his casting capabilities are crippled as well. Yeah, you can try it. But, I suspect if he survives an adventure, he will be retired for something else.

You're probably right; he started out as a Cleric and sort of grew into this experimental thing as I developed him. Also, I've only very rarely played at the rarified levels he's achieved, so while his HP don't look terrible and his AC looks pretty good to me, I could be all off just because I'm not used to squaring off against CR 9 (or 10, 11, etc) foes. Still, with the ability to heal everyone on the party 100 to 120 HP a day (on average) without resorting to Cure spells, he won't be a complete burden.

And if I do decide to retire him after one or two adventures, I've got another idea percolating.

Other little tidbits:
a) Monk's Robe, not Monk's Shirt.

Reflavored to fit the picture :). Still takes up the same slot, no mechanical changes.

Satin Knights

First Post
Well, mark it as a robe that was retailored into a shirt. It had me searching the books for a different magic item. It might save the next reviewer 25 seconds of confusion. :p

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalgor the Blunt

Edits Made
  • Changed the gained spell name from "Lesser Eidolon Surge" to "Lesser Evolution Surge" in the Level Up section ('cause I had to spend a minute looking it up :lol:)
  • Changed the link to "Haatse's Boon" to point at the specific post with the details of the item
  • Added the words "the normal" in front of "Greatsword" in your detail of the Whetstone benefit
  • Made the pic of Gragnor's rune a pixel or two smaller to remove a scroll bar
  • Removed a space from the Summoner Spell List to eliminate a scroll bar

Need Work
  • Disable Device requires Thieves' Tools to avoid -2 Circumstance Penalty, so until he picks up a set Kalgor's DD modifier should be 2 points lower. Gragnor won't be able to use them unless he takes the "Limbs (Arms)" evolution, so his should be 2 points lower as well.

This is not enough to hold up approval, so I declare Kalgor APPROVED for play at 6th level. (Since he's mid-adventure, I did not review finances).

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Disable Device adjusted on both. I thought Kalgor already had thieves' tools. He has bought everything else possible. :D

With the Lesser Evolution Surge (oops there too), Gragnor can now grow arms when he needs them. :p Once Kalgor can cast the spell twice, Gragnor can get Arms and Skilled(Disable Device) in one sitting. Instant Rogue!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Disable Device adjusted on both. I thought Kalgor already had thieves' tools. He has bought everything else possible. :D

No kidding :lol:. I sifted through that list a few times to make sure I wasn't missing it. You could probably make a case for improvising a kit from all the miscellaneous junk that would cut the penalty to -1 :p.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases