Character Level Up Approvals

GlassEye

Adventurer
D) The wand of invisibility is another one without a cost listed.

IIRC, the wand of invisibility is party treasure and if it survives the coming adventure with any charges it will be sold off to either a character or to the Pearl. Sylvain just happens to be the one carrying it.

Gerald007

First Post
Reviewing Sylvain Marana:
A) You have spent 43 skill points, but only have 42. Needs fixing.
B) You haven't been tracking consumed or destroyed items. When I added a tally in the finances section, it came up as 1,274 gp consumed in scroll, healing potions, etc. Does that sound reasonably accurate?
C) You have no cost or weight on the Handy Haversack. Do you have it or not? Yes, and you couldn't afford the loan. No, and your encumbrance is not light.
D) The wand of invisibility is another one without a cost listed.
E) I am pretty sure familiars don't get feats above the one as the base creature. So, the Dodge and Great Fortitude would come off. Walter is treated as if he was 6HD, even though he only has 25 HP. That makes a difference when someone drops a blasphemy.
F) Walter's Will save should be +5.

So, NOT YET.

SK,

I corrected letter A by removing a rank from UMD.

B's total sounds correct.

As to C, I had picked up the Haversack and have added the weight to the character, as I neglected to do that. I distinctly remember deducted the price for it however, when I commissioned it.

For D, I did not list a gp value for the wand, as it was party treasure recovered in the course of an adventure...wasn't sure I had to do that, as GlassEye indicated above.

I corrected both E and F.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Fulgrim:
a) Since the STR went up with the belt, the CMB/CMD go up too. Fixed.
b) Skill points total is now 16. fixed
c) Climb is +5, fixed.
d) Escape Artist is -2, fixed. Same for Fly, Ride, Stealth. Swim fixed as well.
e) The +1 breastplate you traded up for weighs 30 lbs instead of the 25 agile breastplate you turned in. adjusted.
f) Finances tallied up as off by 5 gp. Not bad at this level. Adjusted.

All of that was minor. So, Fulgrim Ironforge is APPROVED for fourth level.

IronWolf

blank
Reviewing Fulgrim:
a) Since the STR went up with the belt, the CMB/CMD go up too. Fixed.
b) Skill points total is now 16. fixed
c) Climb is +5, fixed.
d) Escape Artist is -2, fixed. Same for Fly, Ride, Stealth. Swim fixed as well.
e) The +1 breastplate you traded up for weighs 30 lbs instead of the 25 agile breastplate you turned in. adjusted.
f) Finances tallied up as off by 5 gp. Not bad at this level. Adjusted.

All of that was minor. So, Fulgrim Ironforge is APPROVED for fourth level.

Thanks SK! Your attention to detail is much appreciated.

jkason

First Post
Reviewing Cythera

1) Furious Focus only applies for attacks made with two hands, for two-handed or one-handed weapons (so it doesn't apply to your dagger, natural attacks, or spiked gauntlet). I added a notation (2H attacks) that I hope makes sense. The full description you have for the feat clarifies, but I thought it worth noting there was a secondary limitation on the feat in the weapons section, too.

2) The damage bonus listed on the two-handed weapons is confusing me. Base damage should be +7, shouldn't it? (1 1/2 str). If you're adding in Overhand Chop, it should be +10; if you're adding in Arcane Strike + Battle Dancing, then those are missing from the other weapons. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I'm afraid I can't tell what it is.

3) Dagger can actually deal piercing or slashing damage. Added.

4) Universal monster rules list Claw attacks as Slashing and Bludgeoning, not Piercing. Fixed.

5) While it's not yet relevant, I don't think Cythera is eligible for bloodline bonus spells unless she has the appropriate spell level slots as a sorcerer, not just a general arcane caster. Likewise, the listed feats happen based on the DD feature, not at 7th level like a normal sorcerer?

6) Ability Boost was listed twice in the class features section. I removed the second instance.

1, 3, 4, and 6 I already changed, and as I said 5 doesn't even apply yet. Just need some help understanding what I'm missing on 2. Until then, not yet

perrinmiller

Adventurer
2) The damage bonus listed on the two-handed weapons is confusing me. Base damage should be +7, shouldn't it? (1 1/2 str). If you're adding in Overhand Chop, it should be +10; if you're adding in Arcane Strike + Battle Dancing, then those are missing from the other weapons. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I'm afraid I can't tell what it is.
Correct, it should have been +10 for Overhand Chop. I only added +1 when Strength bonus went to 5 instead of +2. I moved Overhand chop down with a footnote marker as it is automatic, not situational. I then added a header for the other conditions, since they are situational. It should be clearer now.

5) While it's not yet relevant, I don't think Cythera is eligible for bloodline bonus spells unless she has the appropriate spell level slots as a sorcerer, not just a general arcane caster. Likewise, the listed feats happen based on the DD feature, not at 7th level like a normal sorcerer?
This from the SRD:
Blood of Dragons
A dragon disciple adds his level to his sorcerer levels when determining the powers gained from his bloodline. If the dragon disciple does not have levels of sorcerer, he instead gains bloodline powers of the draconic bloodline, using his dragon disciple level as his sorcerer level to determine the bonuses gained. He must choose a dragon type upon gaining his first level in this class and that type must be the same as his sorcerer type. This ability does not grant bonus spells to a sorcerer unless he possesses spell slots of an appropriate level. Such bonus spells are automatically granted if the sorcerer gains spell slots of the spell's level.
I take it to mean that she gets All Bloodline bonus feats, attributes, spells as if she is a Sorcerer of level = to DD level. If the bonus spell comes when she doesn't have the level in bard to cast it yet, it gets delayed until her spell casting level is high enough.

Cythera is submitted again. :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I take it to mean that she gets All Bloodline bonus feats, attributes, spells as if she is a Sorcerer of level = to DD level. If the bonus spell comes when she doesn't have the level in bard to cast it yet, it gets delayed until her spell casting level is high enough.

This is my read as well.

jkason

First Post
I disagree on the DD stuff, but since--as I said before-- it's irrelevant to Cythera's current level, I'll bump that part of the discussion over to General to get a wider read.

On the damage: excellent. All makes sense to my math-impaired brain. Cythera is APPROVED for 7th level.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I disagree on the DD stuff, but since--as I said before-- it's irrelevant to Cythera's current level, I'll bump that part of the discussion over to General to get a wider read.

On the damage: excellent. All makes sense to my math-impaired brain. Cythera is APPROVED for 7th level.
Thanks for the approval.

But respectfully, you cannot have approved her 6th level without agreeing on the DD stuff. Blood of Dragons with the Draconic Bloodline granted claws at 6th level. Or is it just the spells that you are objecting to?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases