Character Level Up Approvals

jackslate45

First Post
No it doesn't. An INT change due to leveling, wearing an item, receiving an Fox's Cunning spell, etc does not change a creature from an "animal" to a "magical beast". Only a creature that starts with the base creature above INT 2 is considered a magical beast.

That blog post was intended to get rid of the apes wielding pole arms in PFS, and all it did was generate two months of grousing and back peddling. Even though you could use spells to have an ape read a written note, go to the market and do your food shopping, you had to use Handle Animal at DC 25 to accomplish it. <sarcasm>Right!</sarcasm> The opinion blog basically negated the Share Language spell that they published just a few months earlier.

So, you can raise Shadow's INT to get an expanded choice of feats. Getting someone to cast Share Language (common) on him daily would be the "perfect way" to instruct him without doing Handle Animal skill checks.

Dazzling Display is a very bad choice. If his intimidate was in the 20's, it would be great. But, at +3, it is nearly pointless. Sacrificing all his damage potential and movement for the round to cause Shaken for one round, a waste.

Aradra really should take advantage of the Boon Companion feat. That would bring Shadow up from Wolf 4 to Wolf 7. Then Shadow should take Power Attack and Furious Focus. Get the mage to slap Mage Armor on him and he stays useful in combat.
I liked the idea, and at high enough levels I found with the right buffs he could intimidate a balor with a 10. But, it takes way to long.

If I was going to take boon companion, I would consider re-writing Shadow. I would replace Skill focus (intimidate) with WF(bite) and skill focus (perception) with toughness. Take his points from intimidate and move them to survival. But yes, he would desperately need Furious focus to stay competitive. And the Snap shot feat tree would get delayed a bit.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
3) Missed the +2 WILL bonus while raging. Added.

I actually got that one, but since it was already in the "Rage" statblock I added it to the Barbarian bonus (moving it from 1 to 3) rather than calling it out again as a rage bonus. Much as I'd like for her to have +10 Will Saves, I think I've got to settle for +8 right now :(.

jackslate45

First Post
Shadow has been updated. I took Boon Companion like suggested. Aradra is ready to be evaluated.

Note that I probably screwed up formatting, as I was updating from a phone (work blocks the website)

jkason

First Post
Since it sounded like Aradra might be in flux, I reviewed Fury:

* I made a few changes in the combat and skill blocks to get rid of side scroll.

* Deflection Bonus applies to CMD - fixed

* +1 Sap wasn't in the Weapon stats block. Added.

* Gladhanding also provides 2x money on perform checks - added

* With a BAB of +4, Combat Expertise is now -2/ +2 - fixed.

* At Rogue 5, Fury gets +2 as his Trapfinding bonus. I added it into the base values for Disable Device, since as far as I can tell it always applies. I left it as a conditional next to Perception.

Nothing else that I could see, so I APPROVE Fury for 7th level

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Aradra:
1) I made a few cosmetic changes like Trait->Reactionary, MG->Cloak.
2) I added an income tally. The finances were off by less than 2 gp. Corrected.
3) Shadow's natural armor is +8, not +6. Fixed.
4) Shadow gets a total of nine tricks, so you get to add one more.

#4 is not a reason to hold it up, so Aradra is APPROVED for seventh level.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Reviewing Kalinn:
1) I specifically marked the HP from DD just to be consistent.
2) Marked several Misc modifiers specifically as Rage.
3) Missed the +2 WILL bonus while raging. Added.
4) You had the raging dagger power attack as +7 when it should have been +8. Fixed.
5) The "Comfort" property of the armor you just purchased is from the Pathfinder Society Field Guide as far as I can tell. Is it in another source we have already approved?
6) You hadn't updated the XP at the top to 29,098 instead of 24,438. Fixed.
7) You have 4718.9 gp in unspent money. There might have been a miscommunication. Right now you have a 4k falchion, .5k greatsword, and 7k in gold you forget you have. Afterwards, you will have 11.5k greatsword.
Your total earnings are 30,786 gp. After the binder is through with you, you will still have 30,786 gp value in items and gold. Accounting voodoo, but you don't lose ground compared to other characters.

The Comfort armor property looks cool, but I think it needs a vote first.

Kalinn is close enough that I will be starting the game Wednesday afternoon, but not officially sanctioned yet.
I will look at Aradra tomorrow.

SK, was is just the Comfort Armor holding up approval?

Satin Knights

First Post
Second look at Kalinn:
I added a tally block and adjusted the finances for what they will look like after the binder has finished with you and Winterbite. Before that, well, you know the routine. :devil: So,
a) she has more money to spend
b) she appears to be traveling real light. Too light. Don't let me kill her with a bat swarm. She will get a "last minute" stop at the Pearl on her way out of town. I highly suggest stocking up on mundane useful things then.

The armor has been voted on an approved, so I APPROVE Kalinn Ari "Frost" for seventh level.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Second look at Kalinn:
I added a tally block and adjusted the finances for what they will look like after the binder has finished with you and Winterbite. Before that, well, you know the routine. :devil: So,
a) she has more money to spend
b) she appears to be traveling real light. Too light. Don't let me kill her with a bat swarm. She will get a "last minute" stop at the Pearl on her way out of town. I highly suggest stocking up on mundane useful things then.

The armor has been voted on an approved, so I APPROVE Kalinn Ari "Frost" for seventh level.

Right, thanks SK. Just wanted to make sure I knew how much she had left to spend before she goes shopping again. She'll have pretty much all of her money spent by the time we head out for the island.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases