Character Level Up Approvals

jkason

First Post
[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] , Maui is showing in the Awaiting Approval category, but the note on him references holding for final numbers. I don't think that's still relevant, but I wanted to make sure before I started looking at him?

jkason

First Post
Reviewing Ni:

* Craft is an Int based skill, and though it seems odd, isn't Trained Only, so Ni should have a generic +1 to crafting - fixed.

* Escape Artist is a Dex skill, s/b +2 ability, +1 total - fixed

* Eidolons speak all their summoner's languages. Lu was missing Auran and Terran. - fixed

* Lu: Dex mod s/b 3 on sleight of hand (since it was listed) - fixed

* Annotations were off for Lu's Survival (referenced the line for Eyes of the Eagle). I added a new annotation line for the specifics of the Survival Misc bonus.

* I show your currency as over by 150 gp. (4957.33 total - 2273.6 Ni - 2514 Lu = 169.73 remaining). Not sure what I'm missing there.

* Small creatures can only carry 3/4 the same as Medium creatures of the same STR. Ni's loads actually work out as follows (I used the 'round down' rule; if I'm wrong on that, there may be fractional differences to the following, but they're all still reduced from what was previously listed):

Light: 0-19 Medium: 20-39 Heavy: 40-60
MW Backpack: Light: 0-22 Medium: 23-45 Heavy: 46-67

That puts him at a medium load, 15' move. Since he rides Lu a lot, anyway, that may not matter. I updated both the listed loads and the speed in the combat block.

The minor currency issue isn't enough to hold up approval from my point of view, especially since he's mid-adventure, so I'm going to stamp this one APPROVED.

Qik

First Post
Thanks jkason.

Ugh about the difference in carrying capacity for small-sized creatures. Since I've gone with making Lu small, Ni can't ride him anymore, which makes the medium encumbrance more significant. A quick look over the sheet suggests I should be able to shift more weight to Lu anyway, though.

Thanks again.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey all remember me? Hope this finds everyone well.

I have a new computer and had to come back to EnWorld to see what was what. Glad the LPF has it's own forum so as not to be treated like the red-headed stepchild anymore. :)

I have been thinking of coming back to play but have limited time (and who knows what real life will throw at me), so a living world would probably be the best as I could stop after an adventure and then join into a new months later. And since the LPF is the best...

I have gone over one of my characters and he is ready for review.

Darreo Naccarelli awaiting approval for LvL 3

Some notes to help with how I got my numbers:

I took and did time XP based on the start date of the thread (Aug 21) and went to my last post (Sept 4th). I think the DM and judges went a month further, but if someone drops it should be their last post I believe just to have an actual date.

That made time XP/GP equal to 136 days.

In this post IVV times the time GP by 12 instead of 11 just in case anyone runs numbers and gets a difference.

Also in that post is the first encounter XP of 133 each. And that is relevant because with those XP and all the time XP Darreo still won't have reached 3rd lvl - so no need to see when/if he hits 3rd during the adventure.

Then this post has the final XP/GP rewards and adds in the only other encounter that never got to play out. The encounter reward for that was 423XP/533.33GP

So here are the numbers I got and what I added into my sheet over at the wiki -

Time XP = 1,496
Encounter XP = 556
Total XP = 2,052

Time GP = 1,496
Encounter GP = 533.33
Total GP = 2,029.33

Thanks in advance and Happy Gaming.

HM

Qik

First Post
Holy crap! The phoenix arises from the ashes! Or something.

Seriously, though, welcome back, HM; many were sad to see you leave. Hopefully you find the site in a better state than it was when you left. :p

jkason

First Post
Never got a response from [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] , but what the heck, reviewed Maui anyway. I'm guessing the note about xp approval might have been from the old adventure, not Precious Cargo.

1) Taniwha total HP was correct, but the Con entry in the breakdown was off by 1. - fixed

2) Taniwha is small size, so takes a -1 on CMB and CMD. His CMD total is unaffected, though, because he adds his Dodge bonus to that, which was also missing. Fixed

3) I'm not sure where you're getting Taniwha's CMD vs. Trip. Having an extra set of legs gets him +2 vs. trip. You seem to be showing +4. I changed it to 21 assuming it was an error. Let me know if I missed something that explains a +4.

5) I'm assuming the listed skills for Taniwha each have one skill rank apiece? I added some notation to do the math for that (since only two of the skills get a Class Skill bonus). Hopefully it's relatively clear.

6) Taniwha's attacks gain a +1 bonus for his being Small. - fixed
6a) Added a note about the Dirty Fighter damage bonus into the weapon stats for Maui

7) Older class features weren't updated for level (Orisons 4/day, 2 +1 1st level spells, Wild Empathy 1d20 + 2 (2nd level)) - fixed

8) Maui had two Combat traits. You're only allowed one trait from any category other than General. The adoption of the General traits makes an easy fix of it without having to redo any of your math, though: I changed Deft Dodger to Capable (Reflex). Same mechanical effect but now in line with character creation guidelines. :)

9) Profession is a Wis skill. - fixed

10) Climb s/b 02/01. - fixed

11) Various typos / mistakes in equipment (fixed as follows) :
* MW Hide shirt is actually 240 gp (90 base + 150 MW).
* Swim fins are .1 gp, not .5
* Holy water weighs 1 lb per flask
* Trespasser's boot traps are .8 gp apiece, so only 1.6 gp for 2

Oddly enough, Maui's available cash works out right, so I'm guessing you fixed it at some point but just didn't update the equipment prices to match.

Everything was something I was able to adjust, so added the APPROVAL.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
I would like to submit Veniarus Toliar for 4th Level approval.

I am unsure if this got lost in the excitement caused by Holyman's return to the forums. But I was very much hoping to get Veniarus leveled up asap so I could begin taking him on higher level adventures if possible. So if there is anyone who is available who could go over Veniarus and check to see if he is properly set up for level 4 I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Satin Knights

First Post
Working on Veniarus:
a) You had not carried your BAB upgrade through on your weapons. Fixed.
b) Energy Attacks for the eidolon requires the summoner to be fifth level. So, you have to chose a different evolution.
c) Finances are off by about 30 gp if I added it up right. I will let you sort out consumed items and making the totals match.

Item b has to be fixed before Veniarus can be approved.

Edit: Just slow reviewing lately because I am juggling six threads. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases