Character Level Up Approvals

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Apologies for jumping the queue. I knew Arianna would be a bit of a trudge, and SK couldn't review her, so I skipped a bit.

Reviewing Heinrich

1) Bracers of Armor and Armored Kilt both provide armor bonuses, so they don't stack. - fixed
got rid of the kilt
2) Total skill points available was off (still listed as 4th level) - fixed

3) I'm not sure what the footnote in the skills section about Racial bonus relates to?
not sure where that came from, so removed it
4) I'm coming up with you Heinrich having overspent by 1729.08 gp. I may be misreading some things in that scroll section, though, or it may be a mid-adventure thing.

5) I have his current carried weight at 25.5 with the haversack. Again, I may need to have my own math checked.
fixed and fixed
6) Has Heinrich already transcribed the scroll of lightning bolt? you have transcription costs next to it in inventory, but it's also listed as already being in his book.
fixed
I can probably give the money a pass as mid-adventure, but since you may want to trade out something with the non-stacking on the bracers, I'm going to hold off an approval for right now. NOT YET

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
I'm not sure why the Travel boost doesn't apply to the eidolon form. If it's because it only affects Arianna, then I'd think she would also be unable to use any of her domain self-only abilities while in fused form, but I don't think that's the case, is it?

On the Travel domain, I figured it was a permanent/continuous bonus, which is applied only to the mermaid. The eidolon's legs are a temporary bonus and a different locomotion method. So, I didn't stack them. Grey area. I just went conservative there. Looking again, I should probably bump the swim speed up to 60'.

Personally, I think that the Synthesist would gain the use of the travel domain in her fused form, given the text "While fused with his eidolon, the synthesist can use all of his own abilities and gear, except for his armor." Seems pretty clear to me.

I can see why the fact that it's locomotion muddies the water a bit, but I don't think it should be "overthunk": a synthesist with the Protection domain would be able to use the bonus to saving throws no problem in their fused form, so I don't see why the same wouldn't hold true for the Travel domains speed bonus.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Reviewing Nathan Tchanlach:

If I'm reading your sheet correctly, you're due some more spells known.

You took the FCB at level 3 for a Cantrip, levels 4 and 5 for 1st level spells, and level 6 for a 2nd level spell.

So by my reading at level 6 you should have
  • 8 Cantrips (7 +1 for FCB at 3)
  • 6 1st level spells (4 +2 for FCBs at 4 & 5)
  • 3 2nd level spells (2 +1 for FCB at 6)
  • 1 3rd level spell.

Adding in your bloodline spells gives you:
  • 8 (Cantrips)
  • 7 (1st)
  • 4 (2nd)
  • 1 (3rd)

Finances are off because you're mid-adventure, but I have you at 449 GP, 3 SP and 9 CP.
Everything else (besides the XP totals about which I PM'd you) checks out!

Since the spells are a big deal, I have to say NOT YET - but as soon as you get those selected I'll approve him.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Adding in your bloodline spells gives you:
  • 8 (Cantrips)
  • 7 (1st)
  • 4 (2nd)
  • 1 (3rd)

Gah. Took me a minute to figure out how I got off. It looks like I missed that Nathan learned a new 1st level spell normally at his level up for 5, and only added 1 then instead of 2. Then I went and missed that he learned a new cantrip this level. Ugh.

Okay, so I fixed the 'level up' sections to give him the spells at the right level, and added one cantrip (Ghost Sound) and one 1st level spell (Silent Image). Hopefull that's right now. And thanks for catching it. Hooray unexpected powerups. :D

jkason

First Post

Reviewing Anaerion:

1) The current location link was to an old game. - fixed

2) Headband bump wasn't included in Abilities section. -added

3) Ability mod on Intimidate was wrong. - fixed

4) I changed the notation on Know (Local). The way it read to me made me think the headband was part of the Misc bonus, so at first I thought you'd overspent ranks. I marked the ranks explicitly as coming from the headband, then.

5) I don't see where Anaerion acquired Create Pit. It doesn't seem to be listed in the level ups or the learning section.

6) Anaerion's nowhere near it at the moment, of course, but since a Handy Haversack does have an upper weight limit, it might behoove you to still list the weight of individual items within it.

7) You had the costs for waterskin and inkpen inverted. - fixed

8) My math has Anaerion with 391.55 in coins (without the Kostry Kopec awards). 80 gp off mid-adventure doesn't concern me too much, though, but I thought I'd point it out now in case you want to double check.

The extra spell in his book is important enough that I'm going to hold on approval, so NOT YET

jackslate45

First Post
Reviewing Anaerion:

1) The current location link was to an old game. - fixed

2) Headband bump wasn't included in Abilities section. -added

3) Ability mod on Intimidate was wrong. - fixed

4) I changed the notation on Know (Local). The way it read to me made me think the headband was part of the Misc bonus, so at first I thought you'd overspent ranks. I marked the ranks explicitly as coming from the headband, then.

5) I don't see where Anaerion acquired Create Pit. It doesn't seem to be listed in the level ups or the learning section.

6) Anaerion's nowhere near it at the moment, of course, but since a Handy Haversack does have an upper weight limit, it might behoove you to still list the weight of individual items within it.

7) You had the costs for waterskin and inkpen inverted. - fixed

8) My math has Anaerion with 391.55 in coins (without the Kostry Kopec awards). 80 gp off mid-adventure doesn't concern me too much, though, but I thought I'd point it out now in case you want to double check.

The extra spell in his book is important enough that I'm going to hold on approval, so NOT YET

I found 75 gp missing from an ioun torch (and added it back in). I also found where Anaerion purchased the scroll at, and added it as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases