Character Level Up Approvals

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Mirra:
a) At the bottom, Craft Alchemy was listed as getting a second skill point, but it had not in the table. That, and the class bonus going to +2 raised the skill from +8 to +10.
b) I inserted the XP/GP earned in the current game.

Mirra is APPROVED for 2nd level.

Satin Knights

First Post
Satin Knights, I did a lot of switching back and forth with Vincenzo fixing my misunderstanding. could you look over his finances for me. My eyes hurt from all the double checking. things just weren't making sense.

The sheet was still confused with thinking the "can get an item without a roll" as an additional bonus item. Once I fixed that, you 3,788 over on spending. So, I tossed out the +2 Cloak of Resistance. I figured you want the shiny new +2 rapier more than the cloak.

In all, I got it all balanced out now.
-SK

jkason

First Post
The ioun stone and bracers both give a competence bonus to Perception, so only the highest applies, dropping the perception by one.

Gah. I got so excited by stacking bonuses I managed to forget to keep track of type. Sorry bout that.

on this:

b) I would think the "spring loaded wrist sheath" and the Bracers of Falcon's Aim occupy the same slot, so you get one or the other.

I was thinking the spring-loaded sheath would just be re-fitted atop the magical bracers? I figured mundane items don't interfere with magical ones, and I was mostly interested in the swift action draw aspect, not the Sleight of Hand bonus (which I didn't even actually remember until I went to look and see if spring-loading was magical, and don't have on Eanos' sheet). It's no big deal to sell of the sheath, though, but was just trying to work it out logistically.

Systole

First Post
I'm inclined to agree with SK. While there's no hard and fast rule (because Paizo once again got ahead of themselves when they started listing items by slot), it seems to me that slots are slots whether they're filled with a wondrous item or no. We know that 'Body' slots can be filled by (a) magic armor or (b) a Robe of Wondrous Item-ness. However, you logically can't wear suit of non-magical armor and a suit of magical armor at the same time, so by my reasoning, that means that non-magical armor fills the Body slot as well.

For the same reason, I haven't given Sylla Gloves of Wondrous Item-ness because she has a cestus. Same with Daylily. I figured the gloves spot was filled.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The sheet was still confused with thinking the "can get an item without a roll" as an additional bonus item. Once I fixed that, you 3,788 over on spending. So, I tossed out the +2 Cloak of Resistance. I figured you want the shiny new +2 rapier more than the cloak. In all, I got it all balanced out now. -SK

looks great! I will stop while things are right.

jkason

First Post
We know that 'Body' slots can be filled by (a) magic armor or (b) a Robe of Wondrous Item-ness. However, you logically can't wear suit of non-magical armor and a suit of magical armor at the same time, so by my reasoning, that means that non-magical armor fills the Body slot as well.

But you could wear a Robe of Wonderous Item-ness under your mundane armor without a problem. That was mostly where my head was at on the wrist sheathe, that the sheathe is an adjustable whatchamajigger that fits a fat forearm as well as a thinner one, so a layer of leather underneath it wouldn't matter any more than one's outfit matters to getting into armor. I always imagined the cestus fit on overtop a normal glove to avoid chafing from the metal bits, though, so my logistics-brain is probably fairly off kilter.

It's not remotely essential to any tactics or character tropes that effect Eanos, though, so I'll probably just sell it off in the transition out of the Inn rather than worry about it. Was mostly curious because it hadn't occurred to me and I was trying to make sure I'd not missed something rules-wise.

Satin Knights

First Post
Yeah, it is a lesser known brother of a whatchamacallit, and a cousin of a thingamabob. An item that you can't remember the name of or how to describe at the moment, but you need to finish the sentence you are in the middle of. Officially slang, but quite common in the midwest and south of the US.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Orlando Furioso:
a) I count four rogue talents on your sheet, and at 10th level in rogue, you should have five.
b) The trapfinding bonus to perception based on level went from +4 to +5. Fixed.
c) I added in the earnings numbers from the current adventure.

So, not yet. You get to add one more Rogue Talent.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Galandra:
a) I tweaked the weapons block to give a bit more clarity.
b) Galandra gets a second combat style feat at 6th level. I don't see it listed.
c) The Level up section at the bottom should be filled in for sixth level.
d) The Spells Known for a ranger is all the ranger spells of the appropriate level. Treat her like a cleric, not a wizard.
e) I can't tell whether the +1 Ability Increase on Mika was placed on Dex or Con. Which ever it was on, the other is 1 too high.

Suggestions:
Since Mika is learning a new trick, Flank is a specific one in the Animal Archive. It is a hard choice between that or Attack against unnatural creatures, but I thought I should bring it up.

So, not yet.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases