Character Level Up Approvals

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
yeah, there are some sell and buy things I will have him do to drop some stuff and such. I will look at what all you are referencing here.

thanks for all of the changes.

including the change to the cost of living (triple checked--long columns get difficult to total without mistake)
that is why I did my math on paper with this invention called a pen.

There is an odd notation at the top of your skills '5 because pre item'.
I think that had something to do with the headband of vast intelligence, but I do not know what exactly so I removed it.

Also the 2 potions of Cat's Grace (600gp) are noted in such a way that they do figure into the total gp of gear carried, I put them in parentheses for your consideration. If you keep them, that puts you upside down.
I think I will just sell them and buy a wand. cheaper per use I do believe.

belay that. I just saw a level 2 spell wand costs 4500 gp. wow! now of curse that is 50 charges, of course. that gives a cost of 90 gp per charge, vs 300 per potion and 150 per scroll.

(Personally, I'd sell the wand of magic missile worth 675gp and keep the potions, or go to the Pearl and roll for a wand of Cat's Grace with a small number of charges (90gp per charge), since you're an arcane caster. Don't pay too much for that kind of consumable.)

bummer, the best I can do is 950 gp.

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
I'm working approving Damaris, and had a question (to make sure I'm not missing anything). Is there a reason for 7 cantrips (not counting the special Message, 1/day, from your trait)? The chart says 6 cantrips and I couldn't find anything awarding an extra. A human bard can get an extra cantrip with a Favored Class bonus, but all seem to be allocated to skills/HP at the moment.

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Damaris

Things looked pretty good. There is a number of minor issues where it updated things to your new level 7 status, although some did not effect final values (you'd already figured them in):[sblock=Disclosure]Updated...
Level Goal to 34,000
Hit Dice to 7d8
'Bard 6' header to 'Bard 7' as class header
BAB to 5 in weapon stats
Bardic Performance to 18 rounds
Fascinate DC to 15
Skill point total to 59 (allocation already correct)
Level on Adventurers page to 7
Plus:
Reduced weight of all wands to 0 (some were 1)
Straightened a column or two[/sblock]
Just a few issues to address overall:
* As mentioned previously, I don't see where the 7th cantrip (not counting Message) is coming from. However, you can pick it up by allocated one FC bonus to it, effectively 'costing' you 1 HP or SP.
* From everything I can tell, the Wand of False Life (10) you purchased a while back should have cost 900gp. (level 2 spell * level 3 minimum caster * 750, scaled to 1/5th normal max charges of 10) The 450gp cost may have been the price to make. Anyway, I noted the updated costs as 810 for the wand's current condition and 90 for the expended charge, but did not account final casts as you're mid-adventure and you'll rebalance when loot is awarded, anyway.
* You have a lot of feats effecting bow combat--it may be worth your time to note them in the weapon combat as conditional modifiers, but this is your choice.
* I notice you have STR 14 and you're using a regular (albeit masterwork) short bow. I'd recommend going to a STR 14 composite short bow (base cost 225, 525 with masterwork). Because the composite short bow specifies it uses the regular short bow proficiency, it is available to a bard. Again, your choice on that.

ALMOST THERE. Just let fix up the cantrip situation (remove 1 cantrip, 1 hp, 1 skill pt, or let me know if I'm in error on that) and you're approved.

Aura

Explorer
I APPROVED Tyrien for level 11. Changes were minor, mostly things that just didn't get updated, yet:[sblock=Disclosure]Updated level expression to match class allotment: 6/1/4; Updated number of AoO's listed under Combat Reflexes to *9* (seriously… 9… with 15' range); Updated base spells known to 6/4/2 (spells selected already reflect this)[/sblock]Have fun!

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Thanks, Aura.
Tyrien's capabilities have really gone up with that new level and gear. +6 to AC and now the 15ft reach with 9 AoOs. That should help make up for not have a tank in the party. :)

Aura

Explorer
Working on level 6 approval for Tsaaruk. One thing I ran into during the process: his new rage power, elemental blood, must be specified what the element is as part of the power. If you could swing over and choose a type for him, BigB, that would be great. I'm not sure if it stacks with what his weapon does, so I'd avoid electricity. I also made a bunch of minor edits/updates:[sblock=Disclosure]Noted Speed as 30 in armor
Increased level on Adventures page to 6
Increased number of rounds of rage per day to 16
Noted extra HP taken six times in Racial Features
Fiddled formatting on Improved Uncanny Dodge
Added language to Renewed Vigor to reflect it can only be used while raging
Updated Skill totals to reflect masterwork armor[/sblock]
Out of time for tonight, will finish the checkout soon (and give you chance to make the element choice).

BigB

First Post
Thanks Aura. I added the energy type for rage power elemental blood. I chose fire because it fits with Torglarok as his Deity.

Remove ads