+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 79 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Defender (Lvl 8)

GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

Character Submission Thread

Are we starting a new Character Approvals Thread?

I am pretty much finished on the mechanics of my replacement for Ariel.

Cythera e'Kiernan

I have not decided what to do about Magical Knack yet nor added in the effects. Can it be used for Dragon Disciple to increase the Caster Level of her Draconic Bloodline?

If used for Bard levels, what will get increased as if she was a level 4 bard.
    ? Bardic Knowledge
    ? Bardic Performance rounds per day
    ? Spells known and Available to cast per day
    Last edited by perrinmiller; Tuesday, 22nd November, 2011 at 09:32 AM.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    Are we starting a new Character Approvals Thread?

I am pretty much finished on the mechanics of my replacement for Ariel.

Cytherea e'Kiernan

I have not decided what to do about Magical Knack yet nor added in the effects. Can it be used for Dragon Disciple to increase the Caster Level of her Draconic Bloodline?

If used for Bard levels, what will get increased as if she was a level 4 bard.
    ? Bardic Knowledge
    ? Bardic Performance rounds per day
    ? Spells known and Available to cast per day
    I think anytime we need to use a thread from the social group it should be recreated here.

Magical Knack & Dragon Disciple: Draconic Bloodline powers aren't determined by caster level but by sorcerer levels + draconic disciple levels. It would increase the caster level of sorcerer spells for those levels that you've taken another class and probably the caster level of his Dragon Form ability. It won't allow access to Draconic Bloodline powers earlier if that's what you're asking.

Magical Knack & Bards: None of the abilities listed are determined by caster level so none of those abilities would be affected.

EDIT: Was responding to PM's questions in the other thread when I was magically transported here! Nifty!
    Last edited by GlassEye; Monday, 21st November, 2011 at 01:25 PM.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

Thanks, GE. I am not so sure that trait would benefit her much then. I will have to look since most of the wording on bards is "bard level" instead of caster level. I guess they made that an exact literal meaning instead of Caster Level meaning Class Level.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

Alright, she is done. Submitted for approval.

Cythera e'Kiernan
    Last edited by perrinmiller; Tuesday, 22nd November, 2011 at 09:31 AM.

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore Systole
    My communities:

Erm ... you may want to do a quick internet search for 'Cytherea' before you settle on that name. Probably best not to do it at work, though.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Systole View Post
    Erm ... you may want to do a quick internet search for 'Cytherea' before you settle on that name. Probably best not to do it at work, though.
    What have you been up to.

I dropped the 2nd "e" and now it is benign. I changed the title of here sheet on the wiki too, but the old link still works, initially at least.

I must have missed changing the dragon type when I changed pictures. Supposed to be bronze. I will go with LN for alignment, one step removed from Bronze dragons.

After further consideration, I think I will not change the 5th level feat. She will hit 7th level soon enough anyway once she gets into action. So she is ready for final approval.

Cythera e'Kiernan

Thanks for the hard work, SK.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore jkason
    My communities:

I started going through Cythera, and got myself hung up on a rules question. Mithral brings armor down a category for movement 'and other restrictions,' but mithral also requires proficiency at its normal level. Cythera clearly has proficiency from fighter levels, but my question is: is the bard ability to avoid spell failure tied to his specific armor proficiency? Bard training is specialized to learn to work armor into somatic components; fighter training wouldn't really be bothered by it. i.e. is the spell failure lifted by the first part of mithril or kept because of the second?

It's an honest question, as I've never encountered this particular combo before.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by jkason View Post
    I started going through Cythera, and got myself hung up on a rules question. Mithral brings armor down a category for movement 'and other restrictions,' but mithral also requires proficiency at its normal level. Cythera clearly has proficiency from fighter levels, but my question is: is the bard ability to avoid spell failure tied to his specific armor proficiency? Bard training is specialized to learn to work armor into somatic components; fighter training wouldn't really be bothered by it. i.e. is the spell failure lifted by the first part of mithril or kept because of the second?

It's an honest question, as I've never encountered this particular combo before.
    Mithral

Mithral is a very rare silvery, glistening metal that is lighter than steel but just as hard.
    When worked like steel, it becomes a wonderful material from which to create armor, and is occasionally used for other items as well. Most mithral armors are one category lighter than normal for purposes of movement and other limitations. Heavy armors are treated as medium, and medium armors are treated as light, but light armors are still treated as light. This decrease does not apply to proficiency in wearing the armor. A character wearing mithral full plate must be proficient in wearing heavy armor to avoid adding the armor's check penalty to all his attack rolls and skill checks that involve moving. Spell failure chances for armors and shields made from mithral are decreased by 10%, maximum Dexterity bonuses are increased by 2, and armor check penalties are decreased by 3 (to a minimum of 0).
    I take it to mean Cythera needs the medium armor proficiency for being able to use the armor without ACP to skills and attacks.

But, it is considered light armor for movement and spell failure.

That's my take on it.

blank COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Ignore IronWolf
    My communities:

I think the important line from the Mithral description is:

Quote Originally Posted by Mithral
    Most mithral armors are one category lighter than normal for purposes of movement and other limitations. Heavy armors are treated as medium, and medium armors are treated as light, but light armors are still treated as light. This decrease does not apply to proficiency in wearing the armor.
    Looks like the armor is one category lower than normal for "movement and other limitations". I would suspect the bard abilities fall under the "other limitations" clause. And as you said, the proficiency aspect is covered under his fighter levels.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

I fixed those other mistakes. Thanks, Jkasen. Hopefully that is the last of the things I copied from other sheets that I forgot/missed changing.

In light of the "oops" on leaving out some Dervish Dancer's features replacing Bardic Knowledge, I reworked my equipment and spent another DMC to get some more money. I replaced the cloak for a protection ring since her AC was too low. The finances need to double-checked again by the 2nd Judge, please.

I cleaned up the skills too, reflecting the conditional equipment bonuses. Even though she has the books and such, there might be times where she cannot use them.

Lastly, I expanded her background's more recent history and added in that apartment.

Cythera e'Kiernan

Submitted for final approval.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 79 123456789101151 ... LastLast