Character Submission Thread

Satin Knights

First Post
Looking over Lai Tai Liu, there is one show stopper. You cannot spend ranks in Fly until you have a reliable way to fly on a daily basis. He can feather fall himself, levitate himself, but cannot fly until next level. So, those 4 skill points need to be redistributed elsewhere. I would suggest distributing them in knowledge skills so you can identify and exploit your enemies weaknesses better.

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Mirra Weathersmith

This is a non-judge review of Mirra. Per usual, only apparent typos fixed, all other entries are recommendations.

Stuff That Needs Fixin':
* Silvered Dagger: I think it takes -1 damage that hasn't been included. However, does threaten crit on a 19.
* Perform skill seems low at +0. I get +1.
* Stealth skill seems high at +3. I get +2 (-1 from ACP).
* Encumberance limits seem off by one: STR 12 base, +1 for MW backpack = 13, thus 50 lbs for light. This may put you a little overloaded.

Stuff That Could be Changed:
* Recommend some silver sling bullets. Plus, they won't take damage penalties like the dagger. Only 12 gp for all 6. Or mix it up with cold iron.
* Maybe carry a normal dagger, or even replace the silvered one if going with some silver sling bullets.

Notation Issues and Typos:
* Apparent Typo: In CMD line, bonuses for BAB (+0) and STR (+1) are reversed. Total is still 14. Fixed.
* Apparent Typo: Cost of Silvered Dagger is 22gp. Total gold spent is still 317gp. Fixed.
* Notation: You could list Point Blank Shot along with your ranged weapons so you don't miss a good bonus during game.
* Notation: I recommend noting both the modified and base weight limits from your MW backpack.

Comments:
* I don't know much about alchemists, so I had to research just about everything class related.
* Alchemy Crafting Kit (Ultimate Equipment) and Alchemy Kit (APG) have conflicting weights, and I assume the non-ridiculous weight (5 lbs) is ok.
* I can't find a solid reference for Smoked Goggles, so I assumed them correct.
* I like some of the alchemist archetypes better than the base class. After seeing this, may reconsider playing the class some time.

Just needs a little more work. SOON
:)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As seems to happen to me often, I'm feeling very wishy-washy about my third character and am already considering replacing him. I've never given an Inquisitor a really good trial and am working on one now. I'll know a little later today whether or not I can get one worked up that I like.

Satin Knights

First Post
Good luck with that. Inquisitors seem to make very mediocre characters.

They are okay as bad guys though, where their life expectancy is measured in rounds. :lol:

Satin Knights

First Post
Looking at Mirra:
I applied the changes the Aura didn't, except for changing the ACP to -3 across the board. I think you will adjust what you are carrying first. Tossing away the bedroll would do it.

Mirra has one APPROVAL.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Good luck with that. Inquisitors seem to make very mediocre characters.

They are okay as bad guys though, where their life expectancy is measured in rounds. :lol:

Yeah, I just can't tell without actually playing one. I didn't really expect Bren to do well, but I've been very happy with him in terms of effectiveness, his variety of available actions, and his characterization. I do like the Inquisitor as an idea, so I'll see what happens I think. Still working on him, though.

I'll 'semi-retire' Kryeprift, and if Jonas dies or I end up not liking him I'll think about bringing Kryeprift out again.

Systole

First Post
I've been kicking around an idea for an inquisitor. I might make her and see. Hrm.

In a live game, I had a character run an inquisitor, and he turned out to be a surprisingly good buffer/tank. Solo damage output was admittedly not wonderful, though.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases