Character Submission Thread

Satin Knights

First Post
Ok, so I decided to look for advice on my build on the paizo forums. I'm going for a four-armed two-handed weapon dual wielder. There is no consensus and no specific ruling about this. Vestigial limbs state they can hold things (like a shield or a weapon) but don't add actions. With dual wielding it's still only two attacks, the limbs helping to wield two two-handed weapons. (four hands, two two-handers, right?) My thoughts (because I want to play it because it's wicked cool) looking at the entry for vestigial limbs is that it is legal as per RAW.

But considering this is E'n, not the Pathfinder Society, I would like to know if it is legal here. My entire character concept kind of depends on it so I thought it best to ask before I started levelling then found out I'm useless.

Legal, but, well, it is painful to try. Two-weapon fighting with anything other than light weapons is -4/-4 to hit. The BAB lost with alchemist is another -1. So, you are running at a -5/-5 to hit compared to an equivalent barbarian/fighter swinging once. You start stacking power attack penalties on that and he quickly becomes a flurry of misses. You can overcome most of those penalties with Rage + Mutagen, but rage time is counted in rounds. You are only good for one fight a day, maybe two.

It also puts you in the permanent freak show class. That has social consequences. LPF play is slow. It will take about a year before you get to fourth level where you would get the 4th arm.

But, if you do want to go down that path, a faster way is 2 levels of Ragechemist, 1 of Synthesist, then Barbarian for the rest. For the Synthesist, take biped, the Extra Limbs and Increased Natural Armor evolutions. That makes you a four handed beast at third level with +6 NA, Mage Armor, +2 Will over the other version, and you can drop the "freak show" attribute at any time and walk around town as a normal human. Overall for your career, you are at BAB=level-1 which is reasonable for triple classed. The synthesist form also gives you darkvision, which can be a major bonus at times. This path also allows you to rearrange the mental stats a bit, as the physical stats are locked in by the eidolon. Just keep CON at the same or higher than the eidolon so that you don't drop HP if you fall out of fused form. Switching one of the traits to Magical Knack(Synthesist) will allow you to cast the two spells you have at caster level=3. Those spells would be Mage Armor and Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon. (aka, armor and healing) You can still be superstitious about any one else casting spells on you.

Even faster is the one level dip in Synthesist as your first level. Alec is just a tool for the eidolon to get access to fun drugs. Once it is here and established, it sends you down the alchemist path before going for pure natural rage.

BokaliMali

First Post
haha wow. That's... much better than my plan. So I guess I'll be rebuilding the whole character. Sorry for wasting your time to review him, Aura.

EDIT: Actually it says I have to use the eidelon's BAB so don't think I'll go that route. I am definitely reconsidering two-weapon fighting though. Didn't really realize the penalty would be so high.

EDIT EDIT: aaaaand apparently I misunderstood. Eidelon's BAB is ADDED. doesn't replace. OK, Satin Knights you are a very clever person.

EDI EDIT EDIT: hah, this is getting redikurlous. Only problem I see is eidelon's HD doesn't increase, meaning a single good hit would make me useless (or less useful) in any battle. I dunno, I'll think about it. Will be rearranging the character in any case though. Maybe I'll go the two-handed hurler route?

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
The synthesist is a very complicated class. But, just to correct an error to show it is viable, look at the first level Fused Link ability. Any time the eidolon would be passing the 0 HP threshold, you can as a free action (even out of turn) transfer real HP from the summoner/alchemist/barbarian side to the eidolon, up to the number of HP damage taken in that strike. So, the eidolon has 11 temporary hit points. If they go to zero or below, you can spend real HPs to absorb that damage instead of the temporary HP and keep the eidolon summoned. If you fall unconscious though, you are screwed as the eidolon automatically disappears. As an example, Tasanto can soak up up 79 HP of damage, standing at 1 real and 1 temp HP. If he falls to zero on either side, the eidolon disappears and he is quite vulnerable. But, since he has a bigger CON bonus unfused, simply losing the eidolon doesn't trigger a HP loss like "Rage Death". He actually gains a few HP if the eidolon disappears.

Color Spray and Sleep will be your bane.

BokaliMali

First Post
Thanks for the advice Satin but I think I'll leave him as is. I'm sure he'll be a kickass character in any case and summoner doesn't really work thematically with Alec. Definitely going to make a synthesist some point in the future though. Those things look beastly!

Aura

Explorer
haha wow. That's... much better than my plan. So I guess I'll be rebuilding the whole character. Sorry for wasting your time to review him, Aura.

No worries. I'll take a look this evening.

Edit: A quick recheck shows the following issues seem to need attention:
- The trait 'Strong Arm, Supple Wrist' doesn't seem to be on the list of approved traits. Instead, best information I could finds says it comes from Pathfinder Companion: Qadira - Gateway to the East.
- The number of clubs listed in the weapon section does not appear to match the equipment section. I'd recommend simplifying your life by simply not stating the multiplicity in the weapon section.
- The text descriptions mentions Charisma 7, and now he has 8.
- I recommend adding the fact Point Blank Shot effects damage (as well as attack) so you don't miss it.
- Attack on the thrown dagger seems off as a result in reducing the Dex modifier.
- Skill section kinda went kaflooey, mostly on Str (now better) and Dex (now worse) skills.

So, some more simple fixes form the changes you made, and I think you need a new trait.

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
I renewed the non-judge APPROVAL on Alec Morgan to reflect the substantial revision of the character. In the process, I found two little things:
1) I'm not sure why ACP for swim is listed as -0 when rest is -1
2) I think his weight brackets for movement should have increased with strength to 100/200/300

Remove ads