Character Submission Thread

Systole

First Post
Hey, mind if I join in on the fun?

Presenting Dolgrin Truddiggun

First of all, welcome.

Regarding Dolgrin, the link didn't work, but I found him anyway: some dwarf guy.

Okay, down to stuff:
1. Finances don't look right. I think torches cost cp, not gp, but I didn't check.
2. I'm assuming you want favored class: fighter, and that you want the extra HP from that. You can shift it to a skill point instead. Or you can take a different class as favored. But do something with your favored class.
3. Added Slow and Steady to racials.
4. In before @Satin Knights : Buy a dagger.
5. Disco Dwarf says: Upload a picture.
6. I fixed a couple formatting things. I'm sure SK will fix more.
7. Big dealbreaker: Ruthless trait. It's from the Golarion setting, which LPF can't use. That said, you can submit a proposal for that trait, which the judges can then accept. (I doubt this will be a problem -- the trait doesn't look broken or anything to me.)

Everything that's not the trait is minor, but the trait needs fixing before approval. NOT YET.

EDIT: Now your link is working for me. Not sure why, but the problem is probably my wonky connection. Apologies.

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Spent 6 of my just-earned DMC for a third character. So, finally submitting Ru Brike for approval. I'm still working on a pencil sketch for him, and I know he doesn't have a dagger, but I think* he's going to be a bit showy, so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes all hibachi grill using his Wakizashi in the event he has to cut up dinner. :)

* I say "I think" because it wouldn't be the first time a character surprised me by acting differently than I thought he would. Yes, I'm slightly touched that way.

Everything looks fine, although I notice you've cleverly taken out the demeanor section. And since you're working on a sketch, I won't inflict Chubby Ninja on you. APPROVED.

Actually, I was just kidding about not inflicting Chubby Ninja on you. HADOUKEN!

24933-ChunkyNinja.jpg

jkason

First Post
Gah. This'll teach me to read the whole thread. I went through Tasanto top to bottom before I realized he already has his non-judge approval. Oh, well. Since I'd already typed it up as I was going, though, here's what I found FWIW:

[sblock=Tangent] Okay, I realize that per RAW, a syntheist takes on the physical attributes of his fighting suit, but I'm having a heck of a time wrapping my head around the fact that your summoner has fewer base HP when he's suited up. I suppose the only time it fully matters is in the case where you want one more HP to use to save the suit from being unsummoned for the day, but I thought I'd mention how odd it seems. I suppose I'll just think of it as the price of maintaining the manifestation. :)[/sblock]

1) A flat-footed character loses his Dex bonus, not his Dex modifier, so the half-elf flatfooted AC is 8 just like all the others.

2) Since the summoner uses the eidolon's physical stats, shouldn't likewise be subject to its physical saves (fort and reflex)? I can't seem to find any reference on that, though, and I know you did pretty exhaustive research on the subject, so I'm going with the way you have it on your sheet barring other reference, but thought it worth mentioning as a question mark for the archetype.

3) The Hanbo also has the trip and monk special qualities.

4) Daggers can be thrown, so not sure if you want to add the ranged (thrown) entries to weapon stats

5) The Eidolon entry at the bottom has the wrong Perception listed: Perception s/b +7 (not +8) as at the top

jkason

First Post
Everything looks fine, although I notice you've cleverly taken out the demeanor section.

Yeah. Honestly, I have Ideas about what a character's going to be like, borne out of their crunch and background, but just about every time I start having a character interact with others, the personality winds up changing. I recently glanced at Nathan's demeanor entry, and he sounds much grumpier than I think he's been in-play. :)

Actually, I was just kidding about not inflicting Chubby Ninja on you. HADOUKEN!

.... And now I can't unknow that. My soul is burning. :p

Satin Knights

First Post
On Tasanto, the HP issue runs both ways. When the eidolon has a higher CON, if it disappears, there is a drop in HP the same as a barbarian's rage. So, I am trying to start ahead of the curve a bit, for when going large, that +4 CON boost makes a significant difference.

As to the saves, he uses the synthesist's save progression in both forms. It was confirmed by Paizo's SKR in the massive synth thread about a month after the book came out. The physical stats of the eidolon affect the fusion side. It makes it interesting. When facing a quadruped eidolon, its weak save is Will. When facing a quadruped synthesist, the strong save is Will, and the other two are weak. That distinction is why a wizard should take the (free action) time to identify the creature he is attacking before he slings his spells. It will make a difference in the choice of spell used.

1,3,4,5 fixed.
Thanks

kinem

Adventurer
APPROVED, although I'd like to see an Appearance and Demanor section. Is the guy a slob? Does he have a nice haicut? Does he fart in public? Tell us about the guy a little.

Thanks. He looks fairly typical for an elf. A bit too typical perhaps, since he wants to become known as a hero and doesn't really stand out.

Basically though, much as jkason said, I find that characters become better characterized in play.

Systole

First Post
Thanks. He looks fairly typical for an elf. A bit too typical perhaps, since he wants to become known as a hero and doesn't really stand out.

Basically though, much as jkason said, I find that characters become better characterized in play.

That reminds me, you also need a pic of him. I've put in a helpful suggestion in the meantime.

I hope you like Ronnie James Dio.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases