Character Submission Thread

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Dolgrin:
I went through and did a lot of reformatting and cleanup work.

a) Inventory weight and cost was off a bit. adjusted.
b) many other small tweaks.
c) You didn't specify the armor, but I guess scale mail based on cost.

But there are some issues that need to be addressed before he can be approved.
1) HP generation: In LPF, we give the characters a choice between Max-2 or rolling and taking your chances on all levels after the first. At first level, you get Max. 99% of the characters have gone Max-2. But you need to specifically state it by replacing the (HP Option) with (Max-2).

2) The fighter has several interesting archetypes in the APG and UC. But archetypes have to be declared at level 1 even though 90% of them have nothing that affects the first level character. So, I just want to make sure you get your chance to pick an archetype or two, or specify that you are going generic fighter.

So, once those two issues are covered, it looks like I will be able to approve Dolgrim. You need one approval from a judge, of which I am one of the seven, and a second approval from any player.

Satin Knights

First Post
For Dolgrin, I also tagged the "Max-2" in the Combat Statistics section where I meant it to go. Sorry for any confusion there.

I hereby give the first APPROVAL to Dolgrin for play.

You need one more, but have enough to go to the Dunn Wright Inn to make Dolgrin's introduction and wait for a GM's NPC come recruit him. That can sometimes take up to a month, but we are starting to fill with first level characters, so a new adventure should come soon.

jkason

First Post
Reviewing Dolgrin

* Added Thrown line for dagger (10' increment).

* light crossbow crit is 19-20/x2. Fixed

* Fighters are one of the only classes proficient in tower shields. Fixed.

* The crit damage boost is only +1 (multiplied) underground for tunnel fighter. Fixed.

* You missed listing your -1 cha on Diplomacy, and didn't total it in on Disguise. Fixed.

* Your character has a lot of conditional bonuses. They're all on the sheet, but personally, I'd suggest adding notes about them in the relevant blocks, as well: save, AC, and CMD conditional bonuses in the combat block, attack and damage in the weapon block, skill (appraise, perception) conditional bonuses in the skill block. Maybe you're better at it than I am, but if I don't have that kind of thing there to catch my eye, I tend to forget I've got it. With all those conditions, you're bound to run up against one or two in most adventures.

Since that last one is a preference more than a requirement, I APPROVE Dolgrin. That's your non-judge approval, so he's fully approved for 1st level play. Welcome to the crazy. :)

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Mesem:
a) In the abilities section, to the right, the fused eidolon doesn't do any point buy for its ability scores. So, I removed the (nn pts) so as to not cause confusion.
b) In the skills section, since you have two different sets of physical stats, it is best to mark the ability column as unfused/fused and the totals column as unfused/fused also. I added all the extra numbers. You also had not put in the base ability score on the skills that cannot be used untrained. I added those so they don't get missed when you do train.
c) in the eidolon block: noguchi -> nodachi.
d) Finances were off. 35.8 -> 33.8. I also converted to all gold, because totaling columns with sp causes many mistakes on my part.
e) I added a tally block in the finances to make it easier for later reviews. So far, it has made it easier. Eventually, I will probably add it to the template.

1) A porcelain face? Can we say 'target'? :p
2) The "psychopomp in training" idea may paint you into a corner you won't like. Nobody likes a visit from the grim reaper. So, that body shape should invoke an immediate hostile reaction on the diplomacy scale. And if you are not doing that singular themed work, you get labelled an imposter, drawing even more "agro" from civilians. You are drawing all the negative superstitions, and gaining none of the abilities. So, I suggest reconsidering.

Since the mechanics are fine or fixed, I APPROVE Mesem for first level.

Qik

First Post
Many thanks, SK. That's a ton of formatting work that you did. I appreciate it.

re: the fluff. It's obviously *not* porcelain, it only looks that way. I suppose that could be clearer in the blurb I included (if it wasn't). If they want to try and hit me in the face because of how it looks, let them come. :devil:

As far as the psychopomp thing: it wasn't intended to be overt, more just a bit of behind-the-scenes fleshing out of the character that emerged rather spontaneously from a simultaneous contemplation of his image and my current (obviously very unrefined) conception of the PC's demeanor. He isn't wearing a "psychopomp suit" by any means - only the face/mask invokes them in an overt way - so I don't think he runs the risk of getting recognized as a psychopomp. And it certainly isn't meant as a predetermination of how he will carry himself or act, only a suggestion of part of what contributes to the formation to his character. Also, I had assumed the psychopomp's would be an esoteric enough thing to the common person.

Do I have to wait until I get my second approval before I can bust him out in the DWI?

Remove ads