Character Submission Thread

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Hey thanks for all the responses guys. I don't want anything more than what's freely available to non-DMs. I totally dig the reward system for DMing, and might try it out myself one day.

Playing a character seems likely requires much less time than DMing. Time which I unfortunately don't have right now. Especially if I want to DM as well as the two adventures I am in at he moment. :) (thanks guys!)

Last question, if I say happen to non-judge approve 60 characters, would that give
enough credits? (Not going to happen, just interested in the rules minutiae. )

I wouldn't want to meta game, this overall question came up because I wondered what it would be like if my two current characters switched adventures, and seeing how they would react differently in their respective situations.

GlassEye

Adventurer
[MENTION=6778347]FrancisJohn[/MENTION] My apologies for the misinformation. And just off the top of my head (since it worked so well last time ;)) approving 60 characters would get enough DMC to get a third character slot. And for the record, adventures don't have to be really long. A brief story and three (or even less) encounters would work as well. I'm working on a brief interlude to get some PCs out of the DWI while I work on something a bit longer.

Aura

Explorer
Absolutely, GE. By way of personal example, Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 2, ran just over 100 days and was tallied at about 7.5 DMC.

Be a DM. Be a DM. Be a DM.

PS: And helping with approvals is highly appreciated, too. :)

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Perhaps I will gather the courage in a year or two. My life is rather joyfully hectic right now, with a job and a half and a pregnant wife set to burst in March. But the allure is there. Maybe one day!

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Illiolidenna Galilia

This is a judge review of Illio. Items are separated into things the player needs to do (as well as edits I've already made), suggestions the player might wish to entertain, and misc commentary. I could be wrong on any given issue, although the review is offered in good faith as accurate to the best of my ability. (Feel free to point out any possible errors and we'll resolve it.) Onward!

Things the Player Needs to Address
* The Background needs to be specified as Open or Closed. A third possible variant I've seen is Open(ask). This tells a potential DM how much leeway he or she may have when dealing with your character's background issues. You'll want to have this done before joining your first adventure, but it is not, in of itself, reason to hold up approval.
* I made some minor edits:[sblock=Disclosure]Cleaned up expression of size and other misc modifiers; Corrected name, class, level and portrait for Adventures page; Corrected the total value of a number of skills; Noted FC elections after declaration of Favored Class; Cleaned up Racial Features to match formatting in other sections; Minor cleanups.[/sblock]
Suggestions to Entertain
* You may wish to note the familiar must be within arm's reach for the master to gain Alertness.
* You might want to simplify the HP expression of the familiar to 'Half Illio".
* I would suggest a light crossbow if you wish to be able to inflict any real lethal damage. You can use it without taking a Str Mod penalty.
* You don't necessairly need the graphical layout for your spells used per day on the character sheet itself. You'll find you'll have a 'stat block' used during the adventure that will typically take care of this.
* I don't recommend rolling HP at level 2 and higher. Max-2 offers, on average, a razor's edge HP, and requires no permanent tracking of rolls.

Commentary
* Is the age mentioned in the history real years or years scaled to halfling norm? Halflings are ~33% more long lived so this makes '12' mean two different things, depending on how you take it.
* Grease is a very good 1st level spell, but I can't bear to take it on my own sorcerer.
* Be careful with Bluff. It is a useful skill, but not a form of mind control, as it is occasionally taken for.

Overall, everything looks good here. STAMP! Illio is APPROVED for play in LPF. Congratulations!

Things to do:
* Choose your background status (see above).
* Introduce yourself in the Dunn Wright Inn--feel free to interact with characters you might not normally have a chance to meet.
* Await an adventure invitation/recruitment from a DM. Please have patience as existing DMs do their best to place characters in games--it is not always an immediate process.
* Never hurts to read up on Venza so you'll recognize common places and notable people.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Absolutely, GE. By way of personal example, Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 2, ran just over 100 days and was tallied at about 7.5 DMC.

Be a DM. Be a DM. Be a DM.

PS: And helping with approvals is highly appreciated, too. :)

it is helpful. I was amazed with ROUS the first. I also have doe a few of the approvals, and at the time of most of them, I was earning dmc's and never knew it.

Perhaps I will gather the courage in a year or two. My life is rather joyfully hectic right now, with a job and a half and a pregnant wife set to burst in March. But the allure is there. Maybe one day!

Tell her to have the baby on march 14th!

Rabbage

First Post
]Reviewing Illiolidenna Galilia

Things the Player Needs to Address
* The Background needs to be specified as Open or Closed. A third possible variant I've seen is Open(ask). This tells a potential DM how much leeway he or she may have when dealing with your character's background issues. You'll want to have this done before joining your first adventure, but it is not, in of itself, reason to hold up approval. -Fixed to Open(ask)

* I made some minor edits:[sblock=Disclosure]Cleaned up expression of size and other misc modifiers; Corrected name, class, level and portrait for Adventures page; Corrected the total value of a number of skills; Noted FC elections after declaration of Favored Class; Cleaned up Racial Features to match formatting in other sections; Minor cleanups.[/sblock]

Suggestions to Entertain
* You may wish to note the familiar must be within arm's reach for the master to gain Alertness. (Fixed)
* You might want to simplify the HP expression of the familiar to 'Half Illio". (Fixed)
* I would suggest a light crossbow if you wish to be able to inflict any real lethal damage. You can use it without taking a Str Mod penalty. (Will pick up as soon as gold presents itself)
* You don't necessairly need the graphical layout for your spells used per day on the character sheet itself. You'll find you'll have a 'stat block' used during the adventure that will typically take care of this. (Will keep for now but simplify when becomes neccesary)
* I don't recommend rolling HP at level 2 and higher. Max-2 offers, on average, a razor's edge HP, and requires no permanent tracking of rolls. (The idea of permanent tracking desuaded me =[)

Commentary
* Is the age mentioned in the history real years or years scaled to halfling norm? Halflings are ~33% more long lived so this makes '12' mean two different things, depending on how you take it. (Halflings reach maturity at ~20 so I like the concept of being exposed to things beyond your years at an age so young.]
* Grease is a very good 1st level spell, but I can't bear to take it on my own sorcerer.[It's a spell I plan to keep around for a very long time so I don't mind having it so early. Trying to not pick spells based on things I normally would take.]
* Be careful with Bluff. It is a useful skill, but not a form of mind control, as it is occasionally taken for.[Very understood, I imagine that this character has had to create stories from town to town explaining herself. Not to completely capture the minds of other people but to get out of sticky situations.]

Overall, everything looks good here. STAMP! Illio is APPROVED for play in LPF. Congratulations!

Things to do:
* Choose your background status (see above).
* Introduce yourself in the Dunn Wright Inn--feel free to interact with characters you might not normally have a chance to meet.
* Await an adventure invitation/recruitment from a DM. Please have patience as existing DMs do their best to place characters in games--it is not always an immediate process.
* Never hurts to read up on Venza so you'll recognize common places and notable people.

Thanks for the Editing/Suggestions! And finally we get to go to the inn!!!!! Weeeeeee.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases