Character Submission Thread

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Rhydius:
Yep, I pushed things around a bit for reformatting.

The only issue I see, other than that pic: Do you really need a +2 bonus to hit a goblin? :yawn:
If Systole was able to talk you out of being a rogue, I would like to suggest a different favored enemy. Human lets you get a bonus against humans, half-elfs and half-orcs, which is half the townfolk. ;) Undead is a bonus that will always be useful. But goblins and hobgoblins are creatures you will never see again after second level. And nothing higher fits in their classification. So, I suggest changing that.

Since that is not a show stopper, you are APPROVED for play and can go introduce yourself at the Dunn Wright Inn and hang out with all the other riff-raff looking for work.

Rhydius

First Post
You have a valid point. I initially took the long view with the first version, but I may have gotten a little short sighted with ver. 2.0. I suppose that I could justify that since he is a wanderer that he could have run into most types of enemies, and has a penchant for dealing with any specific type...

I wouldn't mind taking undead as a favored enemy, but I just can't see the character having encountered them yet. If I change it to anything, it would have to be orcs or humans. I can at least make sense of him having had to deal with some bandits in his travels. The most sensible favored enemy for him to have is also the most useless however, animals. I like characterization, but I can't go that far.

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
Not to keep throwing options at you, but I'm very partial to the Guide - trades your circumstantial favored enemy bonus for a limited use bonus. Great for the BBEG, and very useful in a living world context where you have no idea what you may be fighting from one outing to the next.

Rhydius

First Post
I'm learning more about Pathfinder everyday! I didn't realize that I could add another archetype as long as the features don't overlap. (I must've read over that section ten times when you suggested the trapper, but I never noticed it.)
That said, you do make another apt suggestion. I thank you for your continued interest in helping this PF noob.

Rhydius

First Post
At first I was just going to keep it the same, but the more I thought about it the better it sounded. I've added the archetype Guide to Rhydius. This will be the last decision I make for character creation, so I suppose I'll need re-approval at this point...

Systole

First Post
I don't think re-approval is needed. It changes one ability, which you've already swapped out. If you missed anything, worst case it'll be found at second level.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Spike:
A) I think of parade armor as reinforced cloth. So, adding spike to it seems a bit of a stretch. Since it is the same AC protection as studded leather, I am letting it pass.
B) Only medium or heavy armor (except the breastplate) comes with gauntlets. CRB p.146. Only a few types of armor mention including the helm. So, those should be purchased as well.
C) No food rations. No light source. Surviving on your own without rope is relatively easy, but without food and light, you are going to have problems.
D) She is your third character, so the sheet should be marked as such in the Adventure Log section and the Adventure Tracking page should be updated to reflect the DMCs spent.

APPROVED but she needs to do more shopping.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases