Character Submission Thread

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Reviewing Tonris:
Caveat: I don't know witches well. At least not the game version.
a) Spell count: Starting with 3+4 INT, adding 2 at 2nd, 2 at 3rd and 2 at fourth, you should have 13 spells that are not patron or cantrips. I see 15. I don't see a "consumed scroll of ..." as another option to get more spells. Ahh, found it in the Alternate racial trait.

Dude, you are sacrificing a permanent hit point for yourself to gain the 25 gp you would spend on burning a scroll to teach the familiar? Bad choice.
Spend your FC bonuses in HP, all of them. You have the smallest hit point dice in the game. Don't sacrifice any chance to improve them. And, gaining 4 HP for yourself gains the familiar 2 HP.

Tonris has his first APPROVAL, but I highly recommend burning some scrolls and moving your FC bonus into HP.

Fine, very well, I will remove the favored class bonus to learn new spells and transfer it into extra hit points. Initially I had used the Favored Class Bonus for 2 extra skill points + 2 extra spells, but I suppose you do make a valid argument in favor of the extra hit points. Switching that up now in favor of the extra hit points.

EDIT: Also I just noticed I screwed up on Rex's AC, so I just fixed it. I had it listed as being at 19, when it should have been at 17 >.<

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
at the request of Qik, the creator of Illi Esse I am removing the bit about Tonris' family being shunned by the people of Illi Esse from Tonris' character biography due to Qik's belief that this aspect of his character biography would be exceedingly out of character for the people of that island. The rest of the character biography however is staying put.

Satin Knights

First Post
I am jumping on the bandwagon and officially retiring Garnet Sharnhearth.

I am submitting Larissa Kondred for play.

See you in the DWI!

Okay. I got some time to work on Larissa.
1) Silversheen is a temporary paste applied to a weapon to give it the silver quality for an hour. I think you intended the alchemical silver version which is the permanent silver option. Adjusted in the combat stats section.
2) The greatsword costs too much. It is 8,000 for a +2 weapon (1 + Spell Storing) + 300 Masterwork + 180 silvering + 50 base weapon + 25 holy symbol addition + 5 for the pommel. That exhausts almost all of your finances right there.
3) Please go adjust Garnet's Adventure log to show his final XP totals that he made it to fifth so that we can see that Larissa gets to start at fifth. Also mark her as being replaced by Larissa.
4) I adjusted a lot of text formatting in order to kill scroll bars and make pertinent information stand out.
5) Several skill where you didn't have ranks were at zero. The base bonus from stats still apply. So, perception went from +0 to +2. Bluff was another.
6) She doesn't get the third level domain spells yet. Those won't kick in until she is a fifth level cleric.
7) At least with your main weapon, you probably want to put in combat stats for when you are power attacking. It is easier to precompute and record then to always compute on the fly.

NOT YET because of the cost of the greatsword.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Okay. I got some time to work on Larissa.

Thank you for this. My responses below.

[COLOR=Yellow1)[/COLOR] Silversheen is a temporary paste applied to a weapon to give it the silver quality for an hour. I think you intended the alchemical silver version which is the permanent silver option. Adjusted in the combat stats section.

Actually, the SRD lists a silversheen as a special material that can be used to make a weapon:
Special Materials - Pathfinder_OGC
It doesn't look like the temporary version of silversheen made it into Pathfinder. But I notice now that it's from an unapproved supplement, and I can't be bothered to submit for approval, so let's just put it down as steel. Maybe I'll submit for approval and she can commission a weapon when she gets the cash together.

2) The greatsword costs too much. It is 8,000 for a +2 weapon (1 + Spell Storing) + 300 Masterwork + 180 silvering + 50 base weapon + 25 holy symbol addition + 5 for the pommel. That exhausts almost all of your finances right there.

Wow, I screwed that up. Dropped the Spell Storing, adjusted her finances. Upped her bow to MW/Strength, and got her an amulet of Nat Armor.

3) Please go adjust Garnet's Adventure log to show his final XP totals that he made it to fifth so that we can see that Larissa gets to start at fifth. Also mark her as being replaced by Larissa.
Done.

4) I adjusted a lot of text formatting in order to kill scroll bars and make pertinent information stand out.
5) Several skill where you didn't have ranks were at zero. The base bonus from stats still apply. So, perception went from +0 to +2. Bluff was another.
Thanks.

6) She doesn't get the third level domain spells yet. Those won't kick in until she is a fifth level cleric.
I didn't assign her any 3rd level memorized slots. I just put the domain spells there to save myself the trouble of looking them up later. May I leave them in?

7) At least with your main weapon, you probably want to put in combat stats for when you are power attacking. It is easier to precompute and record then to always compute on the fly.
Good idea, and done. Thanks.

Larissa Kondred resubmitted.

Satin Knights

First Post
While I'm here and because I'm now eligible, I'd like to submit Feran for new character approval.

Took a while, but I finally got to looking at Feran.

a) Since you have 57+ gp left, I suggest buying a healing potion and walking around with 7+ gp.
b) The First Seen link at the top points to his sister Thiera. Since I don't think he has visited the DWI yet, I didn't change it.

Feran has his first APPROVAL for play. He needs one more, but any player can do the second review.

Satin Knights

First Post
Actually, the SRD lists a silversheen as a special material that can be used to make a weapon:
Special Materials - Pathfinder_OGC
It doesn't look like the temporary version of silversheen made it into Pathfinder. But I notice now that it's from an unapproved supplement, and I can't be bothered to submit for approval, so let's just put it down as steel. Maybe I'll submit for approval and she can commission a weapon when she gets the cash together.
Actually, silversheen is in the Core Rule book p.529, it is just a temporary paste. What you want it the Alchemical Silver, from the CRB, p.155. The weapon does one less point of damage due to it being slashing, but it counts as silver permanently.

I didn't assign her any 3rd level memorized slots. I just put the domain spells there to save myself the trouble of looking them up later. May I leave them in?
Yes.

Since the Adventurer's Armory is an approved source, look at Consecrated Weapons. You will have to shuffle your items again to be able to afford it, but it looks worthy of doing so. Channels are better used for healing usually, but having the option of smite damage with the sword for 150 gp is worth it. And, it fits your background quite well.

If my calculator is right, you have spent 50 gp more than you think you have.

Since these are down to just shopping issues now, I give Larissa her first APPROVAL as a replacement character. She needs one more.

Qik

First Post
While I'm here and because I'm now eligible, I'd like to submit Feran for new character approval.

Reviewing Feran.

- Monks must be of lawful alignment, so Feran cannot be Neutral Good.
- Listing weapon stats for when you're Flurrying might be helpful, but is not required.
- Please add the damage type ("S"lashing, "B"lunt, etc), as well as any special characteristics (monk, disarm, etc) for each weapon.
- Have you looked at any of the monk archetypes? There are some good ones, so I just wanted to mention that.

The alignment point is significant enough that I will hold off my approval until that gets changed.

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
If my calculator is right, you have spent 50 gp more than you think you have.

Since these are down to just shopping issues now, I give Larissa her first APPROVAL as a replacement character. She needs one more.

Thanks for the review. Fixed the finances, and took your advice on Consecrated Weapons.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Greetings all! So I finally took the plunge and created a character for play here. I present to you Orion_Drake. He is awaiting approval on the wiki and I'll pop him into the DWI as soon as I get some sleep.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases