Character Submission Thread

Qik

First Post
First of all: welcome! It's always nice to get some new blood around here.

I should (hopefully) get a chance to have a better look later on today, but I did notice that your stats add up to a 22-pt buy, as opposed to 20. So something will need to get shaved off. Just wanted to mention it while it caught my eye!

Qik

First Post
Looking over Orion Drake:

- Greatsword is a 2-handed weapon, so the damage modifier is +4, not +3.

- Eyes and Ears of the City is a trait for the followers of Abadar. Obviously we're not using Golarion gods, and the trait fits the character, but I just wanted to mention that I'd spotted this. Plus, you could always take Capable (Perception), so you might as well retain some fluff that suits the PC.

- I don't think we count a PCs outfit towards encumbrance.

- It doesn't make much of a difference, but just FYI, the Arcane Spell Failure of Scalemail is 25%, not 30%.

- I'd be curious to know how Orion went from being a Whitecloak to an adventurer, especially since the current fluff generally has the Whitecloaks (or at least, a few of their most prominent members) feeling a bit grumpy about adventurers in Venza.

- Please specify whether you'd like an Open or Closed background (that is, whether it's okay for GMs/players to connect to your PCs background/storyline).

Think that covers it: just some comments and a few small errors. Please make the adjustments required, but there's no reason to hold up the approval process. Orion Drake is GOOD TO GO.

Feel free to introduce him in the Dunn Wright Inn. It might be a bit of time before he has enough level 1s to adventure with, but Rhydius has submitted an adventure for that level, so there's something in the pipeline.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Thank you for the quick review and all changes have been made. I was wondering what the open and closed thing was. Stupid little mistakes...lol. Thats what I get for getting 6 hours of sleep in two days.

He went from Whitecloak to adventurer because that is what he fealt Cortesia wanted him to do. I was thinking of RPing it some before adding it fully to my background on why he left the Whitecloaks. I'll get him into the DWI asap and I have some other things to occupy my time with before an adventure comes up.

Satin Knights

First Post
Looking over Orion Drake:
a) I changed Ability to STR or DEX in the weapons section.
b) I split up melee and thrown weapon.
c) A javelin specifically takes a penalty if used in melee. So, you may want to drop that option.
d) You haven't purchased any daggers. :p
e) I marked which skills are class skills without ranks with an *. That makes it easier to focus on them later and you don't have to go reread the book each level to check if they are a class skill.
f) I personally hate leading zeros, but only stripped them in the inventory section. It makes it far easier to tally the column when reformatted that way.
g) The finances were off by about 10 gp. Adjusted.
i) Did I mention you didn't buy any daggers?
j) Lamp oil but no lamp??
k) I added the hidden info block to the basic info section that allows tracking of your character on the Adventures page. Since your picture is landscape oriented, you can upload a second into wiki in portrait orientation and adjust the hidden fields to use the portrait version.

Other than the daggers and lamp, everything is fine. So, I hereby give the second APPROVAL of Orion Drake for play. You are officially ready to go the the Dunn Wright Inn and wait for a GM to come in and recruit with an NPC.

Welcome Aboard.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Thank you [MENTION=6666968]Satin Knights[/MENTION] and @Qik for the quick approval. Didn't realize I hadn't 'purchased' the dagger but still put it in the weapons slot...that has been taken care of. I know javelins are meant for ranged and I apologize for forgetting the negative modifier, I don't plan of using it in melee. Now the lamp oil with no lamp is intentional. It's for setting fires, a party member needs lamp oil, or to throw on the bad guy and have the local wizard/sorc cast any number of fire based spells to set the guy on fire. As far as the money issue goes...I'm just bad with numbers unless it's adding them for to hit and damage.

jkason

First Post
Reviewing Larissa

* The regional languages rules were approved during the lag between first and second approval, so I added Inner Sea (regional to Rorn) to Larissa's languages

* Ability score block wasn't listing bonuses - fixed.

I APPROVE Larissa for play. This is her second approval, so she's now fully approved.

jkason

First Post
Reviewing Feran:

* I don't usually give build advice, but it's not really mine, so it's probably more valuable: someone pointed this out on the general Pathfinder board, I believe, but the fact is the Qinggong Monk archetype is something you can take without having to commit to anything. Since all of its changes are essentially optional, as long as you declare it at first level, you can decide to start using them whenever you like, or never touch them. I've no real sense of whether any of the swap-outs are worth it, but adding it now lets you decide that whenever you like without any real penalty. You can't add it past 1st level.

* Added regional language from the current list.

* Dodge bonuses apply to CMD - fixed

* The quarterstaff line in weapon stats lists a single attack mod, but the double-use damage. Using a quarterstaff as a double weapon incurs Two Weapon Fighting penalties as if you had a one-handed and light weapon. When only using one end, you apply the 'two handed' 1-1/2 STR mod to damage. - fixed.

* Missing the weapons / proficiencies added by APG (brass knuckles, cestus, temple sword). - fixed.

* Total for Ride skill was wrong. - fixed.

Since it changes none of Feran's current abilities or stats if you decided to graft on the Qinggong archetype, I went ahead and stamped APPROVED on Feran.

Satin Knights

First Post
1) Ferran still has to choose a lawful alignment. I missed it too on my review, but Qik noticed it.
2) The quarterstaff is a monk weapon, so when flurrying with it, he gets the effects of two-weapon fighting with it. So, the -2/-2 for flurry puts him at a total of +1/+1 to hit.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases