Character Submission Thread

jkason

First Post
1) Ferran still has to choose a lawful alignment. I missed it too on my review, but Qik noticed it.

D'oh!

2) The quarterstaff is a monk weapon, so when flurrying with it, he gets the effects of two-weapon fighting with it. So, the -2/-2 for flurry puts him at a total of +1/+1 to hit.

Does the Double weapon property stack with flurry (3 attacks)? None of the weapon stats show flurry, so I hadn't added any (three other weapons in the block are flurry-able).

I'll remove the approval, at least, since alignment's a showstopper... Sorry 'bout that.

Qik

First Post
That's an interesting combo, sunshadow. He's going to be quite the knowledgeable one. What are you planning on doing in combat, buffing allies and chucking bombs?

sunshadow21

Explorer
Combat will be stay as far away from melee as possible while making sure his allies, who ideally are between him and the enemy, have the tools they need to do their thing, taking pot shots with spells and bombs when he gets the opportunity.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ellamin Quodak Taletreader (sunshadow21) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki

Here is the starting of Ausk's replacement. I love rping Ausk in the DWI, but for whatever reason, he seems to just not work well on adventures, so this current adventure will be his last. I can't get the wiki to let me add a category, otherwise I would put in the unfinished category. In the meantime, I'm curious to see what people's thoughts are.

I like it! I'm no kind of judge of character effectiveness (as I've shown on numerous occasions :D), but he looks like he'd be fun to play.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ellamin Quodak Taletreader (sunshadow21) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki

Here is the starting of Ausk's replacement. I love rping Ausk in the DWI, but for whatever reason, he seems to just not work well on adventures, so this current adventure will be his last. I can't get the wiki to let me add a category, otherwise I would put in the unfinished category. In the meantime, I'm curious to see what people's thoughts are.

I like the name. A lot.

Multi-classing in spellcasting classes will give you a lot of spells/extracts/abilities but overall decrease the power of those spells at the upper limit. You'll have a lot of things to do but you might not have the big guns to pull out when you need them.

I feel saying 'his background is a mystery; he doesn't talk about it' and 'he came to Venza just because' is a cop out. He can be a mystery to other characters; I don't think it should be a mystery to the players and judges. Saying his background is that no one knows his background is not an acceptable background to me.

I'm curious to know how you end up with 20 languages. A quick glance shows me 12. 'Tongues' seems like a bit of a waste of a known spell slot if you know that many languages.

sunshadow21

Explorer
I feel saying 'his background is a mystery; he doesn't talk about it' and 'he came to Venza just because' is a cop out. He can be a mystery to other characters; I don't think it should be a mystery to the players and judges. Saying his background is that no one knows his background is not an acceptable background to me.

That part is still in the rough stages. The final product will have more details that simply aren't known to anybody else. I was just trying to get the a basic feel of the character down to give an impression of what he would seem like meeting him.

sunshadow21

Explorer
3 for being a gnome (Common/Sylvan/Gnome), 3 for Int bonus, 7 x 2 for Linguistics because of the gnome racial = 20

Actually that doesn't include the free regional language, either. But Tongues is still useful; it helps explain how he's able to learn all of them, and the full language list is pretty long, well more than 21. After all, there are 9 regional languages + common that take up a good half of those slots. The normal racial languages is another half dozen or so. Then there is the four elemental languages, celestial, abyssal, infernal; we're already above 21. Continuing with all the monster racial languages, and the ancient versions of the regional languages, and there is still plenty of reasonably common uses for Tongues.

Remove ads