Character Submission Thread

sunshadow21

Explorer
Multi-classing in spellcasting classes will give you a lot of spells/extracts/abilities but overall decrease the power of those spells at the upper limit. You'll have a lot of things to do but you might not have the big guns to pull out when you need them.

I'm honestly not all that worried about most of the alchemist stuff; its there for backup and/or not necessarily stuff he's going to worry about, like the fast poison. I'm also not likely to give him much more, if any, alchemist levels; two levels is a good foundation to set the brewing side of things on, but it's really all that's required. On the bard side, I have magical knack to offset the caster level, and bards really aren't about pulling out the big guns or the ultra powerful spells anyway. They are about effectively supporting those whose job it is to pull out the big guns, and he will still be quite effective in that role.

sunshadow21

Explorer
The man that speaks every language is a cool idea and you should really play that up. I should have said that earlier.

He'll get there for the most part, and that is the goal, but there will always be corner cases that the magic boost will be helpful. 12 levels just isn't quite enough to get the full range of available languages.

jkason

First Post
Here is my link to a proposed character. I am new here and this is my first time posting so be gentle. Also am I correct in thinking that I can start to roleplay before approval, but only in the Inn?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Larson Starwater (CoreyL) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki

You got it! Actually, most GM's will let you start on an adventure if you're still in the process of approval, you just can't collect XP / level up until you're approved. Welcome to the crazy, and have fun!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Reviewing Larson Starwater:

• Larson gets Landadel (the regional language for Tal Hallow) free (Fixed)
  • Reactionary and Deft Dodger are both 'Combat' traits, and you are only allowed one trait from any given category so you'll have to replace one of them.
  • You've got Druid listed as his favored class (in the "Class Features" section). Although you listed his Skill Points total as 3, you only took 2 ranks in skills. Needs clarification.
  • You need to choose a skill to which to apply his "Obsessive" bonus.
  • Since the weight of the saddle, bit & bridle are actually carried by the pony, Larson's carried weight for encumbrance is only 31¾ (Fixed)
  • I have Larson with 5 GP, 8 SP remaining - double check for me, please.
  • I placed a "-" in the Class Skills in which Larson has no ranks to make it easier to remember later (when you add ranks to them) to also add the class skill bonus.
  • BAB is +1 (Fixed)
  • Initiative or Reflex Save will change depending on Traits chosen
  • CMB/CMD are -1 due to size (Fixed)
  • The throwing ax is usable as a melee weapon, so I added a line for melee stats

I love the detail you put into his description, demeanor and background! Great work there! (Pictures, while not required, are awesome additions . . .)

Numbers 2, 3, 4 and 9 need to be resolved before I can approve him for play, so NOT YET.

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
Just a quick note to say that you could choose the Resilient (Reflex) general trait (an LPF houserule) to replace the Deft Dodger trait, so that's an easy fix.

Welcome to the fold, CL!

CoreyL

First Post
Thank you for the time and attention spent on my character. It was my first time using a wiki, and it is amazing how much longer it took me to make a first level guy than it does on paper.

I think I have everything fixed and buttoned up.

Also, I just noticed your location. I'm a born a raised Louisiana boy myself, though I've been in New England for about a decade.

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
Yeah, it does take a bit of a while, but the plus side is that you have *all* of the necessary information in one place.

No kidding! We swapped - I'm from the north of Pittsburgh, moved to SC 10 years ago, then spent a few years in the UK before making my way to NOLA. Hopefully I'll managed to stay settled for a time... ;)

Right now we have the upper hand weather-wise, but that'll change in a few months.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
And Larson Starwater has his first APPROVAL for LPF play! You'll need one more (which does not have to be a Judge approval) and you'll be good to go - welcome aboard!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases