Character Submission Thread

IronWolf

blank
Looks like another submission got mis-posted back at the social group. Should we / can we lock that thread with a final message to check here?

I didn't see a lock option when I logged in with the Judge account. I did add a message to both the New Character and Approval thread directing them to this forum. Hopefully that helps a bit!

Spread the word folks that we have this forum. GMs making a brief mention in an OOC portion of their game threads might be nice as well to be sure everyone knows about our new home.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Davian:
First off, hello and welcome to the forum.
A) I did a lot of cleanup and reformatting to remove the left to right scroll bars and substituting the actual values for Misc placeholders.
B) Since the character is small, he has only 3/4 the carrying capacity. But, since you are small, all your possessions you have weigh 1/2 as much. It balances out that you are at the max of a light load. Your coin purse should slow you down, but we don't count the weight of the money you are carrying. ;)
C) I removed the spells section as a rogue doesn't need it. If you add a class that does need it, it is easy to add back in.
D) Davian has Int 13, giving him one bonus language and linguistics which gives him a second. So, you still have two languages to choose.
E) The character gets two traits from the APG Chapter 8:Traits or LPF traits. They have to be chosen from two different groups. Ie. Combat, Social, Magic, Faith, etc.
F) The INT bonus is +1. Fixed.
G) Fixed several skills and marked the untrained class skills with *.
H) Finances were off by nine silver. Fixed.
Background: good.

I am really surprised you are going with rolling HP at every level. If you take the Max-2, you are guaranteed 75%, while rolling will average at 50%. To my knowledge, only one other character has rolled for HP our of the 100+ we have.

I could fix many things, but you still need to choose two languages and two traits. Therefore, I cannot give you your approval yet.

Rolyat58

First Post
Hi all, sorry about all the mistakes, this is my first Pathfinder character ever made and it's been years since I've played 3.5 so I'm a little rusty. :p Also for the rolling that's just how I've always done things. I would've rolled stats as well if that was allowed haha, I just enjoy the randomness, makes my character feel more organic IMO. Also this is my first time playing a small character so I didn't really know the size conversions very well, my apologies on that too. However, I plan to rectify all these mistakes very shortly so that I may get to gaming as soon as possible. :)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Huh, I missed the bit about cost of living and places to live during my restricted availability.

Alright, I will need to tweak some things yet, thanks guys. I will post again tonight after I have made the changes.

Satin Knights

First Post
After a second review of Davian, I tweaked weapons a bit, but all looks good.

I hereby give Davian his first APPROVAL for play. The second review and approval can come from any player as only one needs to come from one of the seven judges. (I am one)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I fixed those other mistakes. Thanks, Jkasen. Hopefully that is the last of the things I copied from other sheets that I forgot/missed changing.

In light of the "oops" on leaving out some Dervish Dancer's features replacing Bardic Knowledge, I reworked my equipment and spent another DMC to get some more money. I replaced the cloak for a protection ring since her AC was too low. The finances need to double-checked again by the 2nd Judge, please.

I cleaned up the skills too, reflecting the conditional equipment bonuses. Even though she has the books and such, there might be times where she cannot use them. ;)

Lastly, I expanded her background's more recent history and added in that apartment.

Cythera e'Kiernan

Submitted for final approval.

jkason

First Post
Feedback on Davian

Weapons Stats

* Since you've added a notation for your PBS bonus, it might be helpful to also list your sneak attack damage in the block as a note, perhaps just at the end like you did with the Save vs. Fear notation in the block above.

Skills

* You should probably note somewhere the Trapfinding bonus to Perception vs. traps.

* Disable Device is one of the two thief-y skills. In Pathfinder, it's not just for traps, but also picking locks. The trapfinding bonus makes it even better. And since you can't use it at all unless you have at least a rank in it, I might suggest pulling a point from elsewhere and giving it to DD.

* Unlike the AC and attack modifiers, the size modifiers to intimidate are subjective. You only take -4 against creatures that are Medium or larger, so I'd nix out that particular modifier from the general list, myself.

I don't really consider any of these to be broken so much as subjective, so I went ahead and gave Davian his second approval. Have fun!

jkason

First Post
Second pass on Cythera

Basic Info

* XP should be 16360 with the extra DM you spent. Fixed.

Equipment

* I have total encumberance at 81.5, not 82.5. Fixed.

* I can't get the money to work out for me. I thought at first it was because you were exempting gear of 1 gp or lower for the wealth level, but it still doesn't work on my end. I see you with 272.15 gold remaining if I just add everything + wealth/apartment. If I exempt purchases that are individually 1 gp or less (and if you're doing that, I think listing nothing or an asterisk for the cost would probably clarify that), I still only get 293.18 remaining.

I didn't touch your treasure total for now, since I wasn't sure if it was just an oversight in not updating the remaining gold or if I'm missing something.

Satin Knights

First Post
The preferred method for not tracked items is to put a 'NT' in the cost field. That way, it should be obvious.

---

The size penalty on Davian's intimidate was my editing. I will go fix it, because, yeah, it is subjective. I added the Locate Traps in the preferred way, and cleared the Disable Device since it is trained only. jkason is right, you should shift a skill point into it.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
On Cythera:
A) Go squeeze the dodge bonus in on the CMD. It also applies.
B) While battle dancing, your speed goes to 40'. You should probably note that in the combat stats section.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases