Character Submission Thread

jbear

First Post
I cant XP you unfortunately :(

You deserve loads of XP with all the work you do with people characters etc. Can someone cover me?

I was actually thinking of Maui as a kind of barbarian actually. But the Shaman of the tribe. I was never intending to be a cruel and mean master. I hadn't thought a low charisma meant you had to be cruel of mean, necessarily. I was shooting for really annoying, tiresome, loud mouthed bag of wind :)

But I agree about rounding out the character. I had already decided before I read your message but after having read your message, well, now its sealed in stone!

I have lowered Maui's Strength to 18 and CON to 12 and raised his Charisma to 10 ... so I'm going to have to look at his personality a bit but I can get the hang of that as I go along. He can be less annoying now! Yay!

I've also decide to leave Taniwha's INT at 2. Giving the AComp a +2 attribute seems like a good feat so I've kept Eye for Talent and bumped up his STR to 14 which will make Taniwha more damaging and better at Tripping.

I'm happy with things as they are now. Part of the problem was I thought you needed to beat a DC 20 to have it attack something. Which seemed a bit pointless. DC 10 is totally achievable, and I don't plan to be pushing the AComp into situations where I have to Push it do it, so that's fine.

Edit: Ahhhh ... I see! Put +2 in DEX instead of STR. Okay. I'll take your advice. +1 Attack is better than +1 damage?

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari's got a 09 CHA and his tiger Tagaiwi - even with my notoriously poor luck with the dice rollers, I think he's failed a Handle Animal maybe once. Maybe twice.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Maui:
A) added Taniwha's name on a few block headers.
B) Taniwha's CMD is 18, not 19. Fixed.
C) Added his tricks, feats and senses to the combat stats block so they are easy to find.
D) bumped the dex in the attacks to get the +7 for Taniwha.
E) The Handle Animal was low. Fixed.
F) Carrying capacity dropped. Fixed.
G) By my count, you should have 2 more gold pieces. Double check that.

Gold needs a second look, but I APPROVE Maui and Taniwha for first level. A non-judge can do the second review.

Side note: In the adventure threads, instead of using the [ OOC ] tag, using [ sblock=ooc ] is easier to keep the story uncluttered. The block starts collapsed and is less intrusive.

jbear

First Post
Thanks SK. That's awesome!

Heard you loud and clear about not cluttering up the tavern thread with OOC stuff. WOn't happen again :)

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Kassur:
A) Maybe buy some trail rations?

Other than a bit of formatting cleanup I did, everything looks fine. If you are intending to take any of the archetypes for rogue, you should declare that intention in the class line at the top. The Core book, APG, and Ultimate Magic are all useable (for the most part). We are still working on reviewing the Ultimate Combat book for usage. See Creating a Character again for links to the currently approved list.

Kassur has his first of two APPROVALS for first level.

He starts his adventuring life by walking into The Dunn Wright Inn and introducing himself. In there, GMs will occasionally send in NPCs to recruit adventurers for new games.

Welcome aboard.

IronWolf

blank
Greetings!

Kassur submitting for approval.

Kassur (Thorkelin) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki

Welcome to LPF!

I did the second review for Kassur. In addition to the notes Satin Knights already made, the hit points looked off. It was at 13hp and I came up with 11hp (d8 + 2 CON + 1 FC) unless I am missing something. I updated it on the character sheet for now.

I APPROVE Kassur and moved him to the Approved category. Happy adventuring!

Thorkelin

First Post
Reviewing Kassur.

Thanks a lot SK and Iron Wolf!

I've been playing D&D since 1998 (and Pathfinder since beta), but it's my first time on PbP. I hope I'll enjoy it!

About the trail rations, that's a good idea.

Sorry for mistaking the HP, I don't know what happened lol

Cheers!

DalkonCledwin

First Post
I don't know how near we are to the end of the adventure, but in any case I thought I'd put in a friendly request for someone to give Maui his second approval before we wrap things up. SatinKnights already gave me the judge's approval so anyone can do the second approval. Much appreciation to anyone who has some spare time to kill :)

jbear I am not very good at looking over other people's characters. But since you are in my adventure I figured it was my duty to review your character and give you your final approval.

First thing I noticed when reviewing your character (and this may be in error because my math skills aren't very good) but according to my calculator, your final gold piece total is off by 2 gold in the banks favor. I think you should probably take another look at that.

Also in my honest opinion your skills section is a tad bit over crowded, you can probably reduce the need for a scroll bar by shortening the word "with" in the "-2 ACP with shield" quote down to just a "w/" note. Same with the section about the Animal Companion.

Other than that my only complaint is that you need to update your adventure log with the removal of Time Based Rewards for the adventure until the end of the adventure as per perrinmiller's ruling.

Once those are taken care of I have no problem giving your character final approval.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases