Character Submission Thread

stanleyindraven

First Post
response

Thank you to 1 and 2, my bonus language was elven and I currently have decided that i do not want to carry a different type of weapon as of yet, also added sling to inventory.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Fredrick:
a) I marked it clearer that Wanderer replaces only the first of two monk bonus feats.
b) I marked the class skills that are currently untrained.
c) We have special language rules. So, you get Common, one regional human language, and one for high INT. While you could spend the Far Traveler bonus on a language instead of an exotic weapon proficiency, that seems like a real waste.
d) Rolling your HP is a brave choice. The odds are against you. You will be only the third character that has done so out of over 100. The other two have retired as far as I know.
e) Obligatory: I always recommend carrying a dagger so you can at least cut up your dinner instead of eating with your fingers. :lol:
f) The other obligatory: Trail rations, so you don't have to chase rabbits to eat dinner while "wandering".

So, languages and choosing the bonus of Far Traveler are all that is holding him up. Bladed Scarf looks interesting.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Kris:
a) Sprint is a fourth level ability for Sanguine. So, it wouldn't apply yet.
b) I approve switching to "30' walk, 20' climb" as the leopard's movement example instead of the 50' walk of the cheetah. I am one of the judges. A second one approving that should be sufficient, as it is a minor issue.
c) I tweaked some of the formatting a bit.
d) I suggest using from the Advanced Race Guide "Envoy: Elves often have trouble relating to neighbors of other races, especially those with much shorter lifespans. As a result, some are trained in minor magics that are particularly useful when dealing with non-elves. Elves with this racial trait and an Intelligence score of 11 or higher gain the following spell-like abilities once per day: comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, and read magic. The caster level for these effects is equal to the elf ’s level. This racial trait replaces elven magic." Kris seems the appropriate wanderer for that racial trait.
e) She still needs to pick her one extra regional language.

She is close enough that I am giving Kris Swiftfoot her first APPROVAL of two.

Systole

First Post
I still need someone to do a second approval on Amien. We are into the second battle of the adventure, so this is a nudge. :cool:

a. Damage for glaive and flail should have been +4 due to 1.5 STR modifier on 2H weapons, rather than +3. Fixed.
b. Argh, point buy! Amien's current scores are 16/14/14/13/8/11. However, the +2 racial is used to improve a base score of 11 to a 13. Bad, bad, bad, bad, BAD! If the racial bonus is spent in STR, it is worth FIVE points instead of TWO. Moving the point buy gives a character with 16/14/14/14/8/12.

While there is nothing mechanically wrong with this character, I cannot in good conscience approve him as-is.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
d) Rolling your HP is a brave choice. The odds are against you. You will be only the third character that has done so out of over 100. The other two have retired as far as I know.

It was working out well for Pari (he retired for other reasons). However, neither my second character nor Pari's replacement chose the "Roll" option. If I were playing a d6 HP class I might take that choice, as the average roll and the "Max -2" are pretty close.

Satin Knights

First Post
Well, if Fredrick is taking the languages, then I have marked the Far Traveler feature as such and given Fredrick his first APPROVAL of two. Any other player can do the second one. The unarmed fighter can survive for a while. Just don't go punching any ghasts. ;)

Remove ads