Character Submission Thread

Satin Knights

First Post
Done with the items. As for the rogue trap thing I guess then Paskell should never introduce himself as a rogue ;)
That's one way to go. Reviewing again.
a) I moved the pic to the top, and inserted it so it shows on the Adventures page.
b) I reformatted the inventory columns so they are all counting in the same currency type. Otherwise, I miss cp vs gp and never get counts straight.
c) I removed the shield and ammo lines, since they were 0 0, you are not carrying either of those.
d) I should squawk at you to fill in the eye and feather color portion of the appearance section.

Looks good. Paskell has his first APPROVAL of two.

Systole

First Post
Reviewing Eldandil:

1. Renamed the sheet so it includes the player's name.
2. You don't automatically learn cantrips from your opposed class. Removed those from your spellbook.
3. The Alertness feat that's listed under the familiar is granted to the wizard as long as the familiar is within arm's reach. I assume that this is almost always going to be the case, so I added these bonuses in on your skill section.

Eldandil is APPROVED.

Systole

First Post
Preliminary review of Thonos:

1. Renamed sheet in include player name.
2. Background needs to be open or closed. Also, background needed.
3. Choose your HP option, roll or Max-2. (Hint: Max-2.)
4. Choose your favored class bonus.
5. You will be about 1000x better off taking human as favored enemy rather than orc. Besides, you're a bounty hunter.
6. Oh. My. God. How did you screw up the formatting so bad? You, sir, have a gift. I fixed about half of it. Also, it's much easier to line stuff up in Source mode rather than visual.
7. You really should have a picture, as most GMs will want one for a map token.

Pretty reasonable so far.

Forgottenhelm

First Post
LOL!!! Ya i Worked on my Character for about 3 hours and got sort of confused! Thanks for Reviewing my Character Sheet, ill close the background till i get it written. And Basically i just chose Ranger as my Favored class and apply whatever Bonus out of the book i assume. My Friend also advised me to Select Humans as Favored Enemies as well so ill probably switch that. Trying to stay away from too much metagaming. I'm supposed to get a picture either today or sometime monday.

Systole

First Post
I looked over Dane Mazelo while I was there, and the sheet is very well done. The only thing I would caution against is Fast Learner, which is a terrible trait. Just godawful. Why? Because Toughness is better in every way. (Note: Except maybe for human sorcerers and oracles.)

If you take Toughness and put your FC bonus in skill points, then at first level, you have 2 more HP than the Fast Learner. This evens out at 3rd level, but at 1st, those 2HP can be important. And if you ever multiclass, Toughness keeps working. Fast Learner doesn't. The only time you'd ever want to take Fast Learner is for a human spontaneous caster who really wanted the skill point AND the bonus spell. Really. That's it.

However, the above rant assumes you are not going to use the alternate FC bonus for human fighters, and dear gods, I hope you're not planning on using the alternate FC bonus for human fighters.

EDIT: Oh, you took Toughness AND Fast Learner? Sorry, I went into rage mode before noticing that. Still, that's some dedication to being a meatshield.

Last edited:

SpicyWaffle

First Post
Thanks for the preemptive once over on Dane, Systole! Still working on getting things finalized, but I'm glad for the input about Fast Learner. The original logic behind it was that I hadn't really considered the prospect of multiclassing (at least, not unless something monumental were to take place in-game). My thinking was "If he's a Fighter who won't likely use a Shield, he's going to be easier to hit. He'll need some meat on those bones." Thus, Fast Learner and Toughness together for that extra bit of HP without sacrificing those delicious extra skill ranks. It's not a monumental boon, but hey, every bit counts, right?

As far as it being completely terrible, I can totally see where you're coming from. If you have any solid recommendations for something more worthwhile, I'd certainly be open to that suggestion since he's already got Toughness.

EDIT: And I missed your edit! Haha, need to open my eyes. But yeah, like I said, that was the reasoning therein. If you still have recommendations over Fast Learner, I'm earnestly interested!

Last edited:

Remove ads