Character Submission Thread

Satin Knights

First Post
D) Kind of 50/50 here. Since it wouldn't affect the spells you are throwing, I would take it off. But if you do keep it, please add the % sign after it. (OK, I did that while in there editing.) Otherwise, my mind defaults to failure on 10 out of 20.

OK. So you want to grow into the charisma. That is fine then. A little flavor with the crunch makes a good meal.

As to the Hunter's bond with companions, Ouch! It is painfully underpowered compared to the pet. For sacrificing your move action, you empower your friends with a +1 vs one opponent for 1 round and only if it is a chaotic outsider. You might actually use that for about 2 rounds in your first year of play. Like I said, ouch. Against Humans (which affects half-elfs and half-orcs) or Undead, it is a bit better and would see a little more use.

So, I suggest the pet route. Again, just a suggestion. But, the feat Boon Companion from the Seeker of Secrets book is valid for LFP play. It brings the companion up to full strength. The formula becomes Druid level = Ranger level - 3 + 4, to a max of Druid level == Character level.

So, at fourth level, you have a 1st level animal companion. At fifth level, you take the Boon Companion feat, and you have a fifth level animal companion who is relatively decent in a fight. The pet can contribute every round in a fight, while like I said, the Hunter's Bond for companions kicks in rarely while costing you a move action.

I am one of the judges that does character approvals. So, I have gone through your character sheet, adding a few minor tweaks and adjustments along the way while I in there to do the approval.

A) Your energy resistances are not damage reduction. What you had required the opponent to have a cold weapon to bypass a 5 reduction. You have the opposite where you ignore the first 5 of cold damage. I split it out with DR none and a new line listing your resistances.
B) I added the thrown dagger and range increments for the bow and dagger.
C) I added the picture reference to the hidden section of the basic info. It will become evident in what it does when you view Adventures on the wiki. Those hidden fields, along with being in a category of "Game Name" is what dynamically builds that table. You will be starting out in the DWI to make your character introduction and get your first job.
D) The "Spell Name" place holders can be stripped out. I removed the third level ones just to remove the scroll bars.
E) I converted equipment costs to all gold because it is easier to add the columns for the reviewing judges that way.

I almost forgot. Buy some alchemist's fire. Swarms are EVIL!!! Weapons are useless against the smaller critter swarms.

I hereby give Thiera her first APPROVAL for play. She needs one more person to look over the character sheet and give approval. At first level, the second approval can be done by a non-judge. (There are seven judges) After first level, only one approval is needed from a judge.

While you are waiting for your second approval, you can enter The Dunn Wright Inn to await a GM coming in as an NPC to do recruiting for the next game.

mazzoli

First Post
Thanks for making the changes and for the suggestions. I decided to change favored enemy to Undead, purchased some alchemist's fire, and I'll look into an animal companion instead. Thanks for suggesting the Boon Companion feat, which will be a significant influence on my thinking. I don't have many of the supplements so I never would have found out about that (also thanks for the link to the SRD).

jackslate45

First Post
I'm taking a look over now.

If it helps, one of my characters is a higher level archer. Feel free to look: Aradra Longstrider (jackslate45) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki

EDIT: One thing I would recommend, if you are getting an animal companion, is putting some ranks into Handle Animal. And I also agree with SK about the Boon companion feat. It allows a tougher friend that will save your life more than once. I also like the whole knowledge thing you have going for her.

Financials: I have you spending 135.63 gold, and you listed 16.37 gold. Did you forget to subtract 2 gold when you bought the alchemist's fire?

Other than that, it looks good. APPROVED

Last edited:

mazzoli

First Post
Thanks for the approval. I took it to Excel and added up my purchases a couple different ways and I'm still coming up with my numbers. Can a third party check the math please? I wouldn't fuss over two gold if it wasn't about 12.5% of my money, but it's not really a big deal either way. I'd just like to get it right.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk 2.0 is up for inspection in the Awaiting Approval section; for some reason, the link refuses to work. Also, the picture got deleted, and I can't figure out how to transfer from the old sheet to the new sheet.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Ausk:
A) I copied the picture link to the new version.
B) I did the voodoo to make the new version show on the Adventures auto page.
C) Changed Feat to Toughness in the combat stats block and updated it to 5 hp from it.
D) Skills top line was at 16, now 20.
E) Enlarged arrows return to normal size as soon as they leave your body. So they do not get a size benefit unless you carry separate enlarged arrows, stick them in the ground before casting, and then pick them up to fire. Wasted actions. Same with thrown daggers. (stats fixed)
F) Added the Lesser Spirit Totem attacks to the raged and enlarged raged attack blocks. They provide a nice extra attack per round.
G) Suggestion: I would go with Divine Favor instead of Inflict Light Wounds for a spell choice. Enhancing yourself before battle is more likely than casting touch spells in battle.
H) Stronger suggestion: Buy a magic weapon, don't spend a precious spell slot on a spell you will barely use. It will be come obsolete as you level. Bless is a good replacement.
I) Your Total Income: value matches my number, but the column total and total spent don't match up with mine. The spent consumables are a bit confusing too. Please break them out into a separate section.

Almost ready.

sunshadow21

Explorer
I've cleaned up the sheet and rechecked the math. I was trying to avoid going with the default cleric spells, and go for something a bit more interesting, but divine favor works well, and going with automatically getting the cure spells makes more sense now that Ausk is a reach fighter.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases