Pathfinder RPG Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1310
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    16,847
    I Defended The Walls!

    ĝ Ignore Scotley

    Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone


 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    16,847
    I Defended The Walls!

    ĝ Ignore Scotley

    And so it begins...

    It was an unpleasant rainy afternoon on the old road to Ravengro. An unlikely band was traveling together—At the rear a slender man with burning blue eyes and auburn hair unarmored, but carrying a spear, beside a Halfling in a breastplate wearing a fine backpack and strange mace, a brace of half-elves in mithril shirts walk side by side, one wrapped in a brown cloak made lumpy by the large sword and longbow beneath his long blonde hair plastered down with rain, the other in a felt hat and wearing a slender blade and a lighter bow, and a little apart slightly ahead a muscular yet lithe half-orc with a particularly fine breastplate and a vicious looking halberd. Each wears a black armband on the upper left arm marking them as men on a pilgrimage of morning. They go to bury a mutual friend and acquaintance in the village of Ravengro.

    Suddenly, a ghostly while and red shape comes flying from the shadows at the edge of the road near the Half-Orc. It flies in an arc to strike the Half-Elf in the felt hat in the chest and fall at his feet (1 damage). It is the decapitated head of a sheep sticky with blood. A gruff wheezy laughter accompanies the strange missile. A twang and slap of a crossbow being fired from the left causes heads to turn. The bolt takes Besharrn high in the left shoulder (8 damage).

    The foes are now visible on either side of the road. The one who hurled the sheep’s head takes up a morning star. The ugly creatures resemble twisted shadow puppet s’ silhouette, a wild thing of flared black and brown fur whose pelt juts out from its body at freakish angles. The crouching shadow’s ears are large and floppy, draping shoulder-length, adding to the creature’s unnatural shape. Its eyes are too big for its head. Tremendous milk-white ovals loom on either side of the things’ wheezy pig-like noses. Their panting mouths are filled with bristly needle-teeth spider-webbed in disgusting strands of yellowish saliva, all vibrating to the tune of the wheezing laughter. The other abandons her crossbow to take up a morning star of her own.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bugbear.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Scotley; Saturday, 3rd December, 2011 at 06:34 PM.

  • #3
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    16,847
    I Defended The Walls!

    ĝ Ignore Scotley
    OOC: Roll initiative, act if you beat a thirteen.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  • #4
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    21,969
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRIC I Defended The Walls! Gygax Memorial Fund

    ĝ Ignore Leif

    Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 27/35

    Initiative = 19

    Besharrn instinctively begins to twirl his halberd rhythmically in his hands, the business end of the poleaxe describing a whirling geometric pattern of pure death as he does so.* He moves to the side of the road and attacks the beast who threw the sheep's head, "Take that you ghoulish, nasty bast***!" Sadly, if an 18 is a hit, Besharrn only does 2 hp of damage, trimming just a bit off a floppy ear.

    OOC: Move to I4 and attack Jabb (Bugbear in J3).

    stats, Besharrn

    S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11
    AC:21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP:35
    Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22]
    Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Shrt Swd +6, 1d6+2 dam, Hvy Crsbw +7, 1d10 dam


    *Once Besharrn begins his Shield of Swings maneuver his AC becomes 25 and his CMD becmes 22 but he only does half damage.
    Last edited by Leif; Sunday, 4th December, 2011 at 06:37 PM.

  • #5
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,115

    ĝ Ignore mleibrock

    Falco

    Initiative = 10

    Falco, being in the back of the pack has a tough time seeing exactly what is going on ahead. He sees Besharm move and swing his poleaxe but chooses to wait until he can better see what is going on to take his action.
    Last edited by mleibrock; Saturday, 3rd December, 2011 at 10:41 PM.

  • #6
    Member SILVER DEFENDER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Lou's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    cypress tx usa
    Posts
    2,185
    I Defended The Walls! I Defended The Walls! The Perturbed Dragon

    ĝ Ignore Lou

    B'rii HP 23/23 AC 18 / F 15 / T 13

    B'rii reacts quickly to the attack, moving forward to try to flank the nearest foe, drawing his sword and slashing but missing

    OOC, Move and Attack

    Init +4
    Move around to E6, drawing bastard sword as he moves
    Attack with Bastard Sword in both hands Bastard Sword +5 1d10+3 19-20/x2

    Last edited by Lou; Sunday, 4th December, 2011 at 12:10 AM.

  • #7

    And so it Begins

    Initative 15

    Stepping backward a few steps, Brendan catches the bugbear in his line of sight. Raising his hand he will send two missles at the creature centering on the creatures center mass. (two magic missles).

    Damage from magic missle 7 points

  • #8
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    16,847
    I Defended The Walls!

    ĝ Ignore Scotley
    OOC: The bugbears are AC 18, 13 touch.

  • #9
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,203

    ĝ Ignore Mowgli
    OOC: Would you guys mind posting which foe you're attacking, and to where you're moving? It would help a little with tactics, and we've got these great map coordinates and named enemies . . .

    Vadim takes an involuntary step backward as the missile slaps into his chest, then gasps in horror as he realizes exactly what it was that smacked him. He fumbles at his waist for a weapon . . .

    Initiative (1d20+5=6)
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #10
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    16,847
    I Defended The Walls!

    ĝ Ignore Scotley
    Initiative Order
    Besharrn 19
    B'rii 19
    Brendan 15
    Jabb and Bloodrah 13
    Falco 10
    Vadim 5

    Besharrn instinctively begins to twirl his halberd rhythmically in his hands, the business end of the poleaxe describing a whirling geometric pattern of pure death as he does so. He moves to the side of the road and attacks the beast who threw the sheep's head, "Take that you ghoulish, nasty bast***!" The Bugbear moves quickly despite his hulking appearance and Besharrn's axe head only manages to lop off most of the brute's right ear.

    "Shoulda ducked Jabb." Cackles the female bugbear on seeing the other's loss. "I'll add it to my collection," she adds waggling a disgusting collection of dried ears hanging on a necklaces she wears.

    B'rii reacts quickly to the attack, moving forward to try to flank the female, drawing his sword and slashing but missing. "See love, that's how it is done luv," she comments as the Magus' blade goes past her.

    "Ah shut your pie hole Bloodrah or I'll stuff it full of Half Orc gibblets for ya."

    Stepping backward a few steps, Brendan catches the bugbear in his line of sight. Raising his hand he will send two missiles at the creature centering on the creature's center mass. She grunts with the impact of the missiles. "Haw Haw," calls Jabb from across the way as she is hit.

    Jabb snarls as the Half-Orc's whirling Halbred turns his own weapon, but Bloodrah cackles with delight as her flail smashes into the Magus (9 damage).

    OOC: Okay, Falco and Vadim are up for the end of round one while the rest of you make take your actions for round 2.

    I took my best guess as to foe and movement choices based on your posts. Using coordinates and foe names would be helpful as Mowgli pointed out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Scotley; Sunday, 4th December, 2011 at 06:38 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. OOC Scotley's Carrion Crown Pathfinder game
      By Scotley in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 35
      Last Post: Wednesday, 5th March, 2014, 02:34 PM
    2. HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC
      By HolyMan in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 649
      Last Post: Monday, 17th December, 2012, 12:46 PM
    3. HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC
      By HolyMan in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 702
      Last Post: Tuesday, 11th December, 2012, 03:53 PM
    4. Scotley's Carrion Crown RG
      By Scotley in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: Saturday, 3rd November, 2012, 06:26 PM
    5. The Haunting of Harrowstone
      By fggs02 in forum Gamers Seeking Gamers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th September, 2011, 08:57 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •