Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Your fond remembrances of Professor Lorrimor have earned you a second trust point in Ravengro.

The other mourners with the exception of the Tavernkeep's teenage son also speak about the Professor. Most simply call him Petros. Councilman Vashian Hearthmount and Councilman Gharen Muricar speak to his wise advice and stalwart support of Ravengro, while the Apothecary, Jominda Fallenbridge, speaks to his intelligence and friendship as well as their mutual love of books. You get the impression that their may have been a romantic link between them, though nothing overt is said. Tavernkeeper Zokar Elkarid speaks of Petros as a peacemaker and settler of disputes as well as a traveler who brought interesting stories and trinkets from afar.

After the funeral is over and Kendra has said her goodbyes to the other guests, she invites the PCs back to her home (so recently her father’s) for a drink and to hear his last will and testament. The Lorrimor residence is a modest home with crowded bookshelves in every room. The reading of the professor’s will requires the presence of Councilman Vashian Hearthmount (the closest thing Ravengro has to a solicitor), and he has some other matters to attend to after the funeral, so he doesn’t arrive for about an hour. You have a little time to speak among yourselves and with Kendra. She offers tea, a nice red wine from the Professor's cellar or a local brandy made from cherries.

Rhun

First Post
You have a little time to speak among yourselves and with Kendra. She offers tea, a nice red wine from the Professor's cellar or a local brandy made from cherries.

Dannis graciously accepts a glass of the local brandy, smiling as the potent liquor warms his insides. "Thank you for the hospitality, Kendra. The journey to Ravengro was long and dreary." Dannis takes another sip from his glass, and finds a comfortable chair to sit in. After a moment, his gaze returns to the Professor's daughter. "So, Kendra...what is the story with this 'Gibs' person and his crew? And what of this talk of necromancy?"

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
B'rii

B'rii will also accept some brandy. He struggles between wanting to taste it and compare it to his memories of other brandies and his desire to hear more about Gibs.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 27/35

Besharrn will also indulge in a glass of brandy - he feels the need for something stronger than mere wine after the trials of the day. He sits near B'rri and listens about Gibs as well, but when there is a lull in the conversation he has a word for Brendan and anyone else who cares to listen, "You spoke of books, Brendan. It occurs to me that some parts of the Professor's library may be exceptionally valuable. Kendra may be seeking to maintain the library as a legacy of her father, or she may be looking to distribute certain volumes to those who can best use them. And she may be looking to sell some other books to pay any debts that the Professor may have left behind. We can assist her in taking care of all of these tasks. Me, I'm not so much good with books, but I can guard and protect as well as almost anyone."

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk]
S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:27/35

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim takes a cup of tea, sipping delicately from it with the grace of one as used to high society as he is to rooting about in the ruins of some forgotten backwater - an image that proves somewhat odd, given he's still dressed in his traveling clothes.

He is content to make small talk and listen to the conversations of the others and of the Lady for now.

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Falco will drink only water. He's not totally comfortable dulling his senses after what took place on the road and again at the cemetery.

"Interesting thought Bersharrn. I bet the Professor's collection of books and other knick knacks is quite eclectic as well as wholly interesting."

Falco will find a seat near the fireplace (if there is one) and warm himself from the days chill.

Scotley

Hero
There is a fireplace, though the coals have burned low. Falco can toss a couple of logs kept nearby on and get it going again easily. The local brandy is pretty good in the way of simple country spirits. The tea is made with green tea leaves, herbs and honey. Kendra herself drinks wine.

At the mention of Gibs Hephenus name her face darkens. "He's a bitter old man. Always getting into arguments with other townsfolk. Councilman Gharen Muricar told me after the funeral that he would have the sheriff talk with him. He didn't like father much because father was always pointing out the fallacies in his arguments. He was a soldier once and then a farmer, but he wasn't much good at either I suppose. He lives in a shack near the edge of town now. He's like most folk around here and wouldn't know a priest's blessing from a witches curse. He just thinks all magic is evil. Because father and I know, or knew, a little Divination he assumes we are necromancers. That little magic you did to make Falco taller with the disk, that won't sit well some of the small minded locals. Father and I always took pains to conceal our spellcasting no matter how minor or harmless." She shakes her head. "Father told me that when he first moved here people would come around asking for love charms or hexes on their neighbors. Can you imagine father Hexing someone. Anyway, folk here are good people for the most part, but they don't really understand magic and so are afraid of it."

J. Alexander

First Post
Bredan will accept the tea and enjoy the herbal warmth as it spreads thru his body. Briefly addressing the orcs question he says "That may very well be the case, but i belive it not to have merit, the professor was many things but i have no doubt he left his daughter in a good position."

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Falco looks at the waning fire and considers it. He first locates the piker to stoke it a bit and when that doesn't help a lot he decides to place a couple new logs on the fire. Soon it is up and going again. He pulls his chair nearer the fire. This is nice, he thinks to himself.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases