Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
Dannis leads Besharrn and whoever else away from the smith, though he isn't exactly sure where they should be going.

The temple is not hard to spot even though it is across the small river that runs through town. It is visible from the town square where you are now. This temple is devoted to Pharasma, the Lady of Graves. Ravengro’s only religious structure, the temple is also the town’s most elaborate building. Its eastern facade displays an intricate stained-glass mural depicting a stern Pharasma judging Count Andachi, one of Tamrivena’s most infamous previous rulers. You can take either of two bridges to reach it in a couple of minutes. Acolytes are visible around the temple tending to various tasks.

Scotley

Hero
Kendra responds to Falco in a sad voice. "Father did not return home the night of his death. I went to the Sheriff and a search was started. His body was found at the base of the wall of the ruined prison, Harrowstone. A large piece of stone work had fallen from the wall and crushed his skull. It was ruled an accident as their were no tracks or signs of a struggle." She changes the subject quickly obviously distraught talking about it. "Here is what I could find on the Spirit Planchette in father's books. I believe that you will only be able to ask one question, so choose carefully. The power of the item is such that only one answer can be compelled from the spirits each day. Even then they may not be truthful. At most you can expect to get a 'yes, no, or maybe' if you are very lucky you might learn a single word." Focusing on the research seems to help her calm herself.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

Speaking to Dannis, Besharrn says, "Us wait, walk slow till see where others go. Not good have to hunt up later with so many not like us here." Then, thinking a bit more, he calls to Brendan, "You go with us to temple and then you choose where we go? Falco come, too? If say 'no,' then where we find both you later?"

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Kendra responds to Falco in a sad voice. "Father did not return home the night of his death. I went to the Sheriff and a search was started. His body was found at the base of the wall of the ruined prison, Harrowstone. A large piece of stone work had fallen from the wall and crushed his skull. It was ruled an accident as their were no tracks or signs of a struggle." She changes the subject quickly obviously distraught talking about it. "Here is what I could find on the Spirit Planchette in father's books. I believe that you will only be able to ask one question, so choose carefully. The power of the item is such that only one answer can be compelled from the spirits each day. Even then they may not be truthful. At most you can expect to get a 'yes, no, or maybe' if you are very lucky you might learn a single word." Focusing on the research seems to help her calm herself.

"I'm sorry to bring up your father's death again, but I need to know what you think...do you believe it was an accident? Your wording particularly factual."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim20EW20Portrait.png

Vadim leans back in his chair as Kendra reveals her knowledge of the Planchette. Hmmm. So many things going on here in this sleepy little town. Professor Lorrimor always told me to look for such oddities - 'When it looks like there's more going on than should be, there probably is, my boy!' - were his favorite words, I think.

He turns to the other two in the room, waiting respectfully for Lady Kendra to answer Falco's question before voicing his thoughts.

"OK, so we know the Professor was investigating the Whispering Way and that his investigation led him to the ruins of Harrowstone Prison. We know that he died in the course of his investigation of the prison, and that the Way is a very secretive cabal of necromancers pursuing the secret of immortality. I think we should ask if the Whispering Way killed Professor Lorrimor."

[sblock=Mike P]Love the picture of Vadim in your posts, I think it brings a lot to the story [/sblock]

[sblock=Mike L]Thanks, Mikey! I'm trying to do this with my games now - both the ones I play in and the ones I GM - to help keep straight who's speaking, and to help with visualization. Good to know it's working ;)[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
"I'm sorry to bring up your father's death again, but I need to know what you think...do you believe it was an accident? Your wording particularly factual."

"I thought it was an accident, but after what we read in his journal, I just don't know any more. Perhaps there is something more..."
She rubs at her eyes.

OOC: So will you conduct a seance and ask about the Professor's death?

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
The acolytes look up as you approach the temple. They are the somber sorts of people one would expect of priests of the goddess of death and judgement. Father Grimburrow who conducted the funeral is not outside. The doors are open to the main temple.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: What is the relationship between Pharasma and Sarenrae in Golarion? Do the clergies get along?

OOC: "The Lady of Graves", Pharasma, (pronounced fah-RAZ-mah) is the goddess who shepherds Golarion's recently-departed souls to their final reward. Upon death, souls migrate to Pharasma's Boneyard in the Outer Sphere, which sits atop an impossibly tall spire that pierces the Astral Plane. Pharasma makes no decision on whether a death is just or not; she views all with a cold and uncaring attitude, and decides on which of the Outer Planes a soul will spend eternity. Pharasma is also the goddess of birth and prophecy: from the moment a creature is born, she sees what its ultimate fate will be, but reserves final judgement until that soul finally stands before her. As the goddess of death and rebirth, she abhors the undead and considers them a perversion.

While Pharasma remains staunchly neutral Sarenrae keep lines of communication open with all the Gods even the evil ones in hopes of reforming them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases