Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 27/35

Impressed by Brendan's feat of magical prowess to permit Falco to help to bear the professor to his final rest, Besharrn makes room for Falco to go just in front of him as they bear the coffin. Very softly, he speaks where only Falco can hear him -- "I spoke too soon, buddy. Looks like we get some work out of you after all," Besharrn chides affectionately.

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk]
S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:27/35

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

As Kendra asks Falco and his group to transport the coffin graveside, Falco gets a sinking feeling. This is going to be awkward, he thinks to himself.

Then Besharrn's comment tears at his ego even more. I can't even help The Professor's sweet daughter in her time of grief! Damn it to Hell!!

Just then Brendan's floating disc appears and moves to the front of the coffin. Falco looks back and then down ashamed of how he thought of Brendan earlier.
"I miss judged you my friend. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and if you know anything about my people, you know favors done for us are ALWAYS repaid."

Falco takes his place on the front left of the Professor's casket and proudly bears the weight as they move him to his final resting place.

Lou

Explorer
B'rii

As his clothes are spell-cleaned, he smiles at Brendan and nods his appreciation.

As they are introduced, B'rii bows to each person, or shaking an extended hand if offered. He remains silent until they are asked to carry the coffin, saying only, "It would be an honor."

B'rii steps up to the coffin and takes a middle place opposite Besharrn.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I'll give Rhun time to introduce his character before continuing.

[sblock=JA only]I'll make the Floating Disk scroll a freebee since it doesn't really effect game balance the way you are using it. I'll have to do some reading and thinking about the rest of it. A ring might be cost prohibitive at this level, but a scroll case sized handy haversack would make a lot of sense. One of the item's powers is to allow which ever item inside the user desires to always be on top when you reach in. The full haversack is 2000 gp, but a limited size/limited purpose version might be well within your budget and still leave plenty of cash to pen some scrolls. The ones you don't have the ability to cast will cost you a bit more. We'll have to talk about how to make it work for you.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/bag-handy-haversack
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"I too will help shoulder this burden," states a rich baritone voice. A man in steel armor steps forward. He is lean, and ruggedly handsome, with bright blue eyes peering out from beneath the hood of his cloak. His clothes and gear carry the stains of one that has travelled far of late. The symbol blazoned upon his darkwood shield marks him as a servant of Sarenrae, the Dawnflower, as does the curved blade hanging from his belt. He nods a greeting to all. "I am Dannis Veraggo, of Lastwall. I was a friend of the professor."

Scotley

Hero
"Thank you gentlemen." Kendra seems quite revealed that you have taken up the burden of her father. It would have been very difficult for the assembled collection of women and old men to carry the coffin even with the Tavern Keeper and his son shouldering much of the burden.

Kendra leads the group with the Pall Bearers bringing the coffin next and the rest of the mourners following respectfully behind.

As you approach the open arched gates of the Restlands, Kendra pauses. You see a winding gravel path beyond the gates winding its way through a collection of mausoleums, crypts, headstones and statues.
"Tradition dictates that whenever one passes by or through the Restlands, one must always first draw a spiral on her heart as a sign of respect. The sign wards against the risk that the traveler’s passage will disturb the sleep of the departed." She makes the gesture before passing the gate and the other mourners do as well. The Pallbearers can do so as well with some difficulty if they so choose.

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Falco struggles with the weight of the casket but does carry his share of it to the Restlands. When the group stops at the entrance, he takes the opportunity to grip the casket with both hands. When he hears Kendra's request to gesture a spiral upon each person's chest, he does his best to hide the growing fear he may drop this thing if they have to travel much further. Falco does scribble a hasty spiral down his chest and soon they are through the entrance and headed graveside.

Rhun

First Post
Dannis carries his share of the weight without any apparent difficulty. At the gates, he respects the custom of the region, doing his best to make the spiral sign over his heart. He put little faith in the power of such local customs, but it was simply bad manners to disrespect another's beliefs.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 27/35

Besharrn, as he passes through the gate, bows his head and makes the requested sign in obedience to local custom.

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk]
S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:27/35

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
Brendan will do as is requested to honor the local customer but will otherwise reamin silent and observe the graveyard as best he can as they pass.

Scotley - could be a good compormise while i work to the other thanks

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases