Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim fairly leaps from his seat as his friend lets his beastial side get the better of him for a moment. "OK! Well, Councilman, I think we can probably take care of the rest of our business. We'd like to thank you for being so patient with us, and" (he presses a gold piece to the Councilman's palm as he shakes his hand) "we'll know where to find you should we have more questions, no? Please rest assured that though my friend speaks harshly, we have no intention of performing any such . . . vile . . . acts as he describes, especially in reprisal for indulging in what's surely the local equivalent of a national pass time!" He lowers his voice to a more conspiratorial level. "Still and all, it probably would be for the best if the presence of these books were kept close to our chests, eh?"

Once the Councilman has gone, Vadim turns to Besharrn. He smiles and speaks warmly to his friend, but there's no mistaking the urgency in his voice. "I'd be just as disappointed as you to have news of these books spread around town, but please remember we've been asked to live here for a month. Unless you're planning to kill all the locals and live amongst the carnage with Mistress Lorimar, a little more . . . subtlety . . . might be in order."

[sblock=OOC]One XP to Leif (I've not passed 'em around enough to be able to reward him again) for role play! Great job! But . . . minus 10 Trust Points for threatening the only local lawyer (and a town bigwig) with the removal of his tongue for gossiping . . .

OOC: You have earned one Trust Point for avoiding bloodshed with the locals. You have also earned 50 experience point each. While in Ravengro the degree of cooperation you will get from the locals depends upon your trust score. It was a near thing, fortunately the diplomacy check was successful before you started making threats.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 27/35

Looking mildly chagrined but unapologetic, Besharrn shrugs and says, "Kill all the townsfolk? Do you really think that they all need it, Vadim? You continually surprise me my friend. No, my reccomendation would be that one or two such punishments, if well-chosen and wisely placed, could achieve the desired effect." ;)

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk]
S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:27/35

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Dannis listens as the others distance themselves from Kendra's offer. "I will stay here," says the cleric. "I am not concerned with what may seem unseemly. I am concerned over the reception we received at the lichyard, as well as the potential danger of the professor's tomes."

Scotley

Hero
The Councilman looks more affronted than fearful at Besharrn's threat. "I am the very soul of discretion sir and I consider client-solicitor privilege sacred. My services in this matter were quite well provided for by Petros sir," he adds as Vadim gives him the coin. Of course he still takes it, he is a lawyer afterall. He nods politely to Kendra as he is hustled out. "As I said, I am at your service lady. I hope you will all enjoy your stay in town gentlemen." Brendan who is observing most keenly detects just a hint of irony in his use of the word 'gentlemen.'

Once the councilman has gone Kendra smiles shyly at Dannis. "Thank you for agreeing to stay. Half the town thinks I'm a necromancer or devil worshiper already. A little moral turpitude will hardly lower my esteem with them. Madam Daramid is too far away and quite busy I'm sure. And while I trust Vashian to keep quiet about the books, I don't doubt he will let slip some hints about the size of the bequests. That will almost certainly have a couple of the more unscrupulous sorts in town sniffing about for buried treasure in the garden or under the woodpile. Besides, it troubles me that father thought you should stay in town for a month. That leads me to believe that he felt something troubling was going on. He had been working on something in the days before his death. Something he had not yet confided in me about. But he was up late pacing and reading several nights."

"Falco, I believe any notes my father might have left will be in his trunk with the books in question. If there is nothing to tell you who to give them to, I'm sure Madam Daramid will be able to direct you to the right people in Lepidstadt."

"And please gentlemen, for as friends of my father I know you to be such, stay here." She places a gentle hand on Besharrn's shoulder, "If it will make you feel better the loft is rather drafty and the bed most lumpy. It is suitable only for the most rugged of men."

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 27/35

A slight, wry smile begins to worm its way across Besharrn's lips at Lady Kendra's words. " 'Most rugged,' eh? Sounds like it should be tailor-made for an Orc, then. Pa would probably be proud to see that, if I hadn't gouged out his one good eye that is, the rotten old villain." And turning back to his compatriots he adds, "If someone among you has any curative charms available, I'm still smarting a bit from our earlier battle on the road. But if it's too much trouble, then don't bother. I'm sure the pain will build me some more character to add to my already winning personality and charming ways."

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

When Besharrn requests healing, Falco of course sees his opportunity to help another of the Professor's friends and moves over the half-orc and lays hands on him.

OOC - I think Falco actually has an extra +1 here do to the gifted adept, can anyone verify this for me, so he will roll 1d8+4 when casting cure light. Leif, if this is the case Besharrn will get 6HP back instead of 5

A slight, wry smile begins to worm its way across Besharrn's lips at Lady Kendra's words. " 'Most rugged,' eh? Sounds like it should be tailor-made for an Orc, then. Pa would probably be proud to see that, if I hadn't gouged out his one good eye that is, the rotten old villain." And turning back to his compatriots he adds, "If someone among you has any curative charms available, I'm still smarting a bit from our earlier battle on the road. But if it's too much trouble, then don't bother. I'm sure the pain will build me some more character to add to my already winning personality and charming ways."

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC - I think Falco actually has an extra +1 here do to the gifted adept, can anyone verify this for me, so he will roll 1d8+4 when casting cure light. Leif, if this is the case Besharrn will get 6HP back instead of 5

OOC: Yes, you cast the spell at 4th level, so +4 or a total of 6th. Once you reach 5th level you'll get no benefit from the feat, so you may wish to retrain it for something else.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 33/35

"Thanks, Falco," says Besharrn gratefully.

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

HP:33/35

[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
"You are most welcome friend. See me at the end of the day, if nothing else noteable has happened, I'll gladly heal the rest of those wounds for you."

"Thanks, Falco," says Besharrn gratefully.

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

HP:33/35

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases