Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
"I would like to look at the archives Father, yes. Also, is there anyone still about who was a guard at the prison prior to its destruction?"

The old priest scratches idly at a brushy tuft of white hair as he considered. "Well the fire was 50 years ago, so anyone who worked there would have to be pushing 70. I'm not aware of anyone who was a guard. I believe most were killed in the fire, but there could be one around. Some of the old wags in town can surely tell you stories even if they didn't work there. But as I said this was 50 years ago. why do you believe persons so long dead would only now become restless?"

Scotley

Hero
Back at the smith's:

"Just before the professor's funeral, a group of local men claimed that the professor practiced necromancy. While I doubt that's true, where could they have gotten that idea? Are you aware of any signs of black arts around here?"

"Pah, somebodies is always going on about goblins or necromancers or werewolves. The Professor was a magicer of some sort, didn't deny it, but that don't make him a necromancer. Least ways I never heard anything credible to suggest it. Don't hold with such foolishness boy, smithin' is a good honest trade. You've a decent arm, give up foolish notions put your head down work hard and make somethin' of yourself."
Feeling she has dispensed sufficient wisdom, the taciturn dwarf pours another round.

Rhun

First Post
"Well, I don't want to alarm anyone, or start any rumors, but we have reason to believe that there may be some necromancers that have some interest in someone that was killed within the prison." The cleric of Sarenrae shrugs. "As I'm sure you well know, where there are necromancers, there are restless dead."

Scotley

Hero
"Well, I don't want to alarm anyone, or start any rumors, but we have reason to believe that there may be some necromancers that have some interest in someone that was killed within the prison." The cleric of Sarenrae shrugs. "As I'm sure you well know, where there are necromancers, there are restless dead."

The priest sits up straight at that his eyes going wide. "You have some proof of that something tangible? That is certainly something to pursue."

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

"Don't know if count, but we just found clues in tomb. Only fought cenpedes, though, but they might been undead for all Besharrn know!"

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Please ignore my companion, as he gets confused easily," says Dannis. He couldn't believe that the half-orc would mention the false tomb built by servants of the god of the church they now stood in, that they had entered WITHOUT permission the night before. He only hoped that the Professor has been correct, and that the church had no knowledge of the tomb. The cleric taps his forehead and smiles grimly at Father Grimburrow. "The poor soul has a condition, if you know what I mean." Dannis shakes his head sadly.

"No, our information comes from a journal of the Professor's that we found. Know that we have not yet visited the ruins to confirm his writings, but that is our intent. Which is why you find us here seeking weapons of silver manufacture. Better to be prepared for any eventuality, than to find the rumors are true and not be ready to meet the threat of the restless dead."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]
"Don't know if count, but we just found clues in tomb."

"Please ignore my companion, as he gets confused easily," says Dannis. He couldn't believe that the half-orc would mention the false tomb built by servants of the god of the church they now stood in, that they had entered WITHOUT permission the night before.

Insert self-smack of forehead here . . . :p:lol:[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

[sblock=Think Besharrn cares, Mowgli and Rhun?]
[sblock=OOC]
Insert self-smack of forehead here . . . :p:lol:[/sblock]
Don't smack yourself up too badly, Mowgs! :D Besharrn's at peace with it.

"Please ignore my companion, as he gets confused easily," says Dannis. He couldn't believe that the half-orc would mention the false tomb built by servants of the god of the church they now stood in, that they had entered WITHOUT permission the night before.
Permission?? Tomb was just sitting there begging to be entered. No locks, no gates, we just strolled right in. So ... BITE ME, DUDES! :p
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases