Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Rhun

First Post
"Hail, Sheriff Caella!" calls Dannis, as the group approaches closer. "Has there been more vandalism? Can we perhaps offer some assistance?"

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

When Dannis speaks, Besharrn carefully studies the faces of the townsfolk gathered here looking for frowns, scowls, or anything similar, and he notes and is careful to remember any who seem to bear ill will for his group of friends.

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

"I do not know what a 'V' or 'E' pertains to," says Dannis. "It could be that whoever is doing this is giving a warning, but why they would not spell it out all at once is beyond me."

"It is odd indeed". Falco looks at the man Dannis greeted as Sheriff awaiting his answer to as if they might be of assistance.

Scotley

Hero
"Hail, Sheriff Caella!" calls Dannis, as the group approaches closer. "Has there been more vandalism? Can we perhaps offer some assistance?"

The Sheriff doesn't look happy and it is obvious that he bites back the first thing he was going to say. He steps closer to the river leading Dannis with him by a hand on the shoulder. The greater distance and sounds of the river cover his words from the folk watching. "Some durn fool is killing animals and throwing blood on the monument. I can't figure what they mean by these letters. No good will come of it. Of that I'm sure. You folk are outsiders here and many of the good people of this town are gonna be suspicious of you especially those of you with less than fully human blood. The best way you can help me is to keep a low profile. I've already heard complains and accusations that you're involved in the strange goings on. No facts or anything, just suspicions based on your very nature."

Scotley

Hero
When Dannis speaks, Besharrn carefully studies the faces of the townsfolk gathered here looking for frowns, scowls, or anything similar, and he notes and is careful to remember any who seem to bear ill will for his group of friends.

Besharrn gets a few suspicious looks in return, but none of the small crowd stares with open malice toward Dannis with his obvious religious affiliations.

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: Do Besharrn and the other PCs hear the sheriff's speech? He is used to suspicious looks and he is able to shrug them off easily.

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"I understand your position, Sheriff. Obviously, we will do what we can to remain out of your way." Dannis throws a glance over at the gathered townsfolk. "With that said, perhaps I could come by your office later and speak to you when it is a bit more private? I have some suspicions about what is going on, and I think that you should hear them."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim looks momentarily nonplussed as the sheriff comments on his "less than human" blood, and opens his mouth as though to correct the statement - likely to "more than human." However, he swallows the words back before they can clear his lips, and listens to Dannis' approach.

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Falco looks a little closer at the letters and the statue, content to let Dannis speak for the group.

OOC - nice roll, what is there to see? Hmmm?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases