Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
You pass through the village without incident and ahead in the distance you see a small group of figures gathered around a casket at the entrance to what must be the Restlands.

J. Alexander

First Post
so it begins

Seeing that they are approaching their benefactors last rest, Brendan will quietly cast clean/ dry on his clothing and those around them in order to pay proper respect to their benefactor.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 27/35

"Thank you, Brendan. It wouldn't do to go to this solemn occasion looking like we had just been ambushed by roguish Hobgoblins, especially when we were .... hey, wait a minute....."

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk]
S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:27/35

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim starts slightly as his clothing suddenly becomes a lot more comfortable - warm and dry. Until that point, he hadn't really noticed that it was uncomfortable.

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Falco looks at his newly dried clothes and then to Brendan. A sly smile crosses the halfling's face as he thinks to himeslf, Nice one...

Falco will find an appropriate position close enough to the casket to see (if it's an open casket), but not too close as to seem odd. He will lower his head but look up periodically and take in the faces of the others and memorize each one.

OOC - Scotley, how many others are here?

Scotley

Hero
OOC - Scotley, how many others are here?[/COLOR]

OOC: You have anticipated my next post.

Among the small knot of mourners there stands a trim attractive women of perhaps 25 winters in a dark conservatively cut dress. She has red-rimmed puffy eyes, but her face is a mask of calm. Some of you recognize her as the Professor's daughter, Kendra Lorrimor.

A somewhat bookish woman a few years older wearing spectacles stands beside her.

A beefy florid faced man stands with somewhat awkward lanky teenager who is obviously related to him. The boy is obviously not used to the stiff collared shirt he is wearing and he tugs at it uncomfortably.

An older man with a regal bearing stands almost at attention. He is thick and has a prominent double chin now, but the signs that he was once a muscular powerful man are there.

Next to him is another aging fellow, but he seems not quite so old. His hair has a slight unnatural darkness to it suggesting he has dyed it. His clothes are more fashionable than those of the others present and he stands almost as if posing.

The fine coffin is closed and covered with a simple maroon pall. Kendra steps forward and introduces herself to those she doesn't already know and greets old acquaintances among you.

She briefly introduces the others. The other woman in the group is Jominda Fallenbridge, the local apothecary and her father's close friend. The older men are Councilman Vashian Hearthmount and Councilman Gharen
Muricar.

The big red faced man is Zokar Elkarid, tavernkeep, who is here with his son Pevrin.

"Father Grimburrow and his assistants will meet us at the graveside. Could I trouble some of you to serve as Pall Bearers and carry father to the graveside where we will have a short service to pay our final respects?" She seems to be getting choked up at this last and says no more. The others are somber as well and have little to say.

The coffin is impressively heavy and will need at least four men to lift and 6 to carry comfortably.

Attachments

• Kendra Lorrimor.jpg
    Kendra Lorrimor.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 301

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 27/35

"Yes, Lady, I will help, and gladly. Falco you'd better sit this one out, though." Besharrn immediately regrets his inappropriate jest made at this solemn occasion, and blushes deeply as he falls silent. Still, being careful not to be observed, he finds a chance to subtly wink at the halfling as soon as he can do so without being seen. ;)

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk]
S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:27/35

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
so it begins

Brendan will simply nod assent and move toward one end of the coffin, he will briefly pause beforehand and cast a simple spell which allows a disk to form in front of him tensors floating disk) and will nod for the halfling to take his position atop it. if Falco, does, he will move the disk to an appropriate height for falco to shoulder his share of the burden)

J. Alexander

First Post
so it begins

Scotley only Please
[sblock]Scott, I have been actually thinking over Brendan, and have decided that his real use, and the way i envinsoned playing him, is a walking arensal of spell might. Now as a sorceror, I have limited spells, so i begin thiking how could i make him better and give him depth, the obvious choice is scrolls, however it is not feasable to carry that many scrolls. Would it be possible to create say a ring of scroll storing that could hold up to 50 scrolls that would allow one to appear in his hand at will, via a simple action, if they are still used. If it is what would be the cost :) and when could i get it :) ...last Brendan does not have a tensor's floating disk, so i beg your indulgece and will deduct 5 times the price of the scroll if that is cool...thinking about his role in the party, it just seemed to fit that he would create something so Falco could particpate.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases