Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
"Hmmm, I know there is a spell wizards use called cleverly enough 'knock' which will open a magically sealed portal. Did you find one still sealed after all these years in the prison?"

Rhun

First Post
"Father," says Dannis, "Good to see you again. We've just come from a meeting with the sheriff, and he suggests we speak with you. Perhaps we could speak somewhere a bit more private?"

Scotley

Hero
"Um yes, perhaps that would be best." Please come to my office. He calls for an acolyte to bring tea. "So you found something that our good sheriff thinks should be my problem rather than his?" he asks as soon as you are in the office with the door shut.

Rhun

First Post
"Yes, I'm afraid so." Dannis scratches at his goatee and continues. "Our foray into the ruins was brief, but what we found there was most concerning. There are most certainly restless dead inhabiting the area of the ruins. We fought one, and it was quite capable of inflicting physical wounds. We encountered several others that seemed little more than phantasms."

Scotley

Hero
Father Grimburrow steeples his fingers and gives you a long appraising look before continuing. "I have visited the ruins in the past you know. There have always been rumors. At that time I saw nothing that gave me pause. However, I have sensed a change of late. Did you see anything that might indicate what has stirred thing up?"

Rhun

First Post
"I can assure you that as of now, rumors have become truth. One of the restless souls, an apparition of sorts with a scythe, was quite capable of inflicting deadly wounds." Dannis takes a moment to ponder the older priest's question. "At this time we haven't seen any indication of what may have stirred of the dead, but we aim to find out. We intend to foray into the prison once again on the morrow, at first light."

Scotley

Hero
"A scythe you say? That was one of the more infamous aspects of the prison you know. The executions were be-headings carried out with a scythe on the balcony." He continues to ponder. "Come by here in the morning as you venture up and I will prepare a special blessing of Pharasma to aid you. Have you plenty of holy water? It can be helpful in these situations."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases