Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Vadim shakes his head in consternation. "I never saw this 'trial,' but I surely do feel the cold. I'd suggest we move, my friends. Any preference for a direction? One seems as good as another to me right now, as we've barely scratched the surface of this place and will likely need to explore the entire prison to find the answers we seek."
[/section]

mleibrock

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Ooooh, I didn't realize it was THAT cold! [/sblock]

OOC: Everyone feels the cold he mentions and if you continue to stand here it could be cause harm.

To Vadim's, "I never saw this 'trial,' but I surely do feel the cold. I'd suggest we move, my friends. Any preference for a direction? One seems as good as another to me right now, as we've barely scratched the surface of this place and will likely need to explore the entire prison to find the answers we seek."

"Yes, by all means let's move, this chill is not of this world and is making me very uncomfortable. How 'bout that door?" Falco points to to the opening on the north wall of the smaller 10'x10' room.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: There is a locked door before you out of the small stage where you are walled in by the iron bars. Or you can return to the square entry hall as Falco suggests and go into the larger room you can see from where you are and where the painful cold is centered. Or north though the double doors as Falco suggests or there is a door to the west as well. Just need a consensus unless you wish to speed things up and have me take the first suggested course. That will keep things moving at a faster pace.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

"Yes, Falco, let's do as you suggest, and QUICKLY!"

[sblock=stats - Besharrn Blacktusk]
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:35/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 17 [19 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Venturing through the double doors reveals a hallway. The mysterious door slamming flaming phantoms do not return. The hallway is 50' long and 10' wide. This interior hallway is in better shape than other parts of Harrowstone you have visited. The ravages of exposure have not reached it as much. It is however very dark with no windows or openings to the outside. There are two sets of double doors along the East wall, as well as a single door further down. The hall ends with double doors. On the west wall are two single doors.

Attachments

• Harrowstone Hallway.jpg
    Harrowstone Hallway.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 70

Rhun

First Post
The ioun torch circles slowly around Dannis head, illuminating most of the corridor. The cleric's hand rests easily on the hilt of his scimitar. "It looks as if we have even more choices to pick from. I vote for the nearest door on the left. We can pick our way through this place one chamber at a time."

Scotley

Hero
Taking a peek though the door to the left reveals just more choices a long hallway extends East. About 15 out a wider passage exits this hallway to the north. At the far end about 60' away the narrow passage seems to turn north. No doors are visible.

Remove ads