Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

"Man, I don't know... this place is really getting to me. I don't like this place at all! Do you hear that music in the distance? Or the bat wings? Or the bones coming from that direction? Falco points through the western hallway as they pass it? I definitely don't want to go THAT way."

[section]

"OK, OK, shake it off fellas. Besharn, you look like you've got plenty of blood left . . . most of what's on you came from the creature, I think.

"Let's head over this way."

The archeologist leads the group north around the wall just to the west, and down the aisle.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]Move north just around that wall to our west, and then down between the two narrow sections of walls/doors.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Vadim responds, even as he's slipping between the bench and the corner to peering around and down the aisle on the other side. "Come now, Falco . . . we've committed ourselves to the course. Our job is to investigate this place . . . the entire structure . . . to find out what's going on with his benighted town and stop it. I'll admit, the place is a little creepy. But we can't let that stop us."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]--[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, half-orc ranger3

Besharrn wil bow himself up and try to look like a leader for the benefit of those following him, "This way, men!"

[sblock=stats - Besharrn Blacktusk]
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14 [-2, stirge],I12,W12,C11
AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:35/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 17 [19 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
As you move forward you realize you are in a cell block. To the north you can see though a partially fallen wall into a privy. You suspect the other door to the north which is heavy and iron bound with a stout lock leads to one of the guard post balconies on the outside of the building. The other doors all are made of metal bars. Behind these doors skeletons of long dead prisoners begin to rise. A haunting faint sound of mournful flute music and the eerie flapping of tiny leathery wings can be heard though no specific source is seen in the dim hallways. A few of the doors are open or broken and a few of the skeletons come out of the cells and start toward your group. Other doors remain closed and the skeletons within reach toward you though the bars or press against them trying to get out and reach you. Brendan seems fascinated by the music ignoring the skeletons.

OOC: The front of the group is marked with an 'x' near the top center of the picture. The skeletons that have escaped their cells are marked with 'S'. More could break free, but for now only four can be seen. Initiative and actions if you beat a 12.

Attachments

• Western Cellblock.jpg
    Western Cellblock.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 69

Remove ads