Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Guess we need a GM ruling, Scotley: Besharrn's original save against Whatever-This-Is would have occurred before Falco's Prot. from Evil spell was cast, right? In that event, the spell grants him a second save by my reading of the spell, but your interpretation is the one that matters, and the fact that he posted ahead of me may come into play, in which case Besharrn's nat 1 is still a fail even with an additional +2, which I didn't see that B was entitled to receive as I was posting.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
GM: Go ahead and roll a second save for Besharrn with the bonus, but the effect, whatever it is, did come before the casting of protection from evil. I'll rule how much of an effect based on the second save. We'll try to mitigate the effects of the natural one a bit.

Rhun

First Post
Dannis stands ready to again call upon the power of his deity, should the need arise.

OOC: Ready action to channel energy if any further undead appear.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger 3

Besharrn's second save: Second save at +2 thanks to Falco (1d20+5=6)

OOC: No luck! Besharrn managed to achieve Epic Failure once again! ANOTHER Nat One!

OOC: Oh, Dannis?? :D

[sblock=stats - Besharrn Blacktusk]

S15,D16,C14 [-2, stirge],I12,W12,C11
AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:35/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 17 [19 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Besharrn]Besharrn is entranced by the eerie haunting music. Then he sees a fearsome sight. A ghostly piper attended by a flock of stirges approaches slowly and menacingly. The others seem unaware and Besharrn finds he is unable to move or speak to give warning or act in his defense.

OOC: Besharrn is the victim of a Hold Person effect. You can take a will save DC14 each round to get free (starting next round).
[/sblock]

Besharrn stands frozen staring into the distance a look of pure terror on his face.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Just to make sure I understand the situation:
  • All of the currently animated skeletons/corporeal undead are locked in cells and can't get to us.
  • There's a freakin' scary ghostly dirge accompanied by spooky sounds coming from somewhere, but we can't see anything making the music.
  • Besharn's standing stock-still, maybe pissing himself, for some unknown reason that's probably related to the music.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Dannis again channels positive energy outward, hoping that it will have some effect upon the phantom menace.

OOC:
Channel Energy + Sun's Blessing, damage 2d6+3, removes any channel resistance. 9 points of damage. Will save vs DC 14 for half damage.

Leif

Adventurer

Besharrn stands quietly, but those nearest him can faintly hear the sound of a small fountain, see a growing stain on the half-orc's loins, and vaguely detect the aroma of ammonia.

[sblock=stats - Besharrn Blacktusk]

S15,D16,C14 [-2, stirge],I12,W12,C11
AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:35/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 17 [19 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Remove ads