Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
OOC: A recon is certainly an option, but few would welcome questions at this hour, perhaps such research is better done by morning's light. You could hit the books in the professors library again here at the house though.

mleibrock

First Post
Falco doesn't bother to hide his disappointment that no one want to venture out to stake-out the statue. But being a young man, the thought is soon vanquished from his head and he is quickly rooting about the kitchen, and lifting the pot's lid that is on the fire which smells amazing to get a peek and good whiff.

"Kendra, you are an amazing woman! This smells sooooo good! What is it? Is this the meat from the farmer's sheep?"

[sblock=OOC] BTW, did the farmer and his wife decide to join us for dinner? I know we made the offer but was not sure of what the answer was after Danis interrupted him. [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
She smiles, "Yes, I made a stew with rosemary and onions. I sampled it earlier and I think you'll like it. I have fresh bread as well. And I found some wine I think will go well with it." She is soon dishing out hungry adventurer sized portions. "So what have you learned today? You were gone quite some time."

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=OOC] BTW, did the farmer and his wife decide to join us for dinner? I know we made the offer but was not sure of what the answer was after Danis interrupted him. [/sblock]

[sblock=ML]No guests this evening. Kendra wasn't sure when you'd return. Despite the half-orc's best efforts you will not finish off the sheep in one sitting. She obviously held back some for a meal with them.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Falco eagerly takes his seat at the table and though anxious to sample the wonderful smelling food, he waits until Kendra is seated. "My lady, I have not had a stew this good since I last dined at my mom and dad's. Let's talk prison after dinner so we can fully enjoy this meal." Falco takes seconds and a small portion of thirds before pushing back from the table. Once dinner is finished, Falco takes a seat neat the fire and begins to recount what occurred at the prison. "So, unfortunately, we really didn't discover anything terribly important. It's difficult to explore the prison little bits at a time to return before dark. We are considering staying overnight to see if anything else presents itself at that time. However, now that we are back here, we have a couple more thoughts. First, we should do some more reading in the professor's books especially about the prison to see if we can focus our exploration. Secondly, with the statue being defiled so regularly, I'd like to stake-out there to see if we might see who or what is responsible." Falco pauses for the others to inject their thoughts or Kendra to speak.

Scotley

Hero
Kendra beams at the praise of her cooking. She rubs her arms as if suddenly chilled when the idea of staying longer at the prison comes up. "To stay there overnight...I know as a rational adult that there is nothing there by night that is not there by day, but it does seem frightening somehow, but if you think it best. I suggest you talk with the sheriff and let him know your intention before doing anything suspicious in the village. The people here are very mistrustful of strangers and anyone," she pauses and continues choosing her word carefully "different. If you plan are going to be about after dark a word with him might be best."

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger 3

'Yes, of course we should talk to she sheriff first! We should have done that already, in fact, since we have spoken to him before."

[sblock=stats - Besharrn Blacktusk]
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger 3

S15,D16,C14 [-2, stirge],I12,W12,C11
AC:21[10+7(+1 breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:35-5=30/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 17 [19 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
"You are right as always. Good to have a "local" to keep us focused. So I guess we should just enjoy or time tonight and maybe do a little more research through the professor's books and get some good rest tonight."

After the meal is finished, Falco will look through the professor's trunk for any books take contain information on his visits to the prison. He will take the chair near the fire and try to put two and two together.

1d20+7=15

Scotley

Hero
You find only general information on Harrowstone, much of which you already knew or suspected. The prison was built in 4594. Ravengro was founded at the same time as a place where guards and their families could live and that would produce food and other supplies used by the prison. The fire that killed all of the prisoners and most of the guards destroyed a large portion of the prison’s underground eastern wing, but left most of the stone structure above relatively intact. The prison’s warden perished in the fire, along with his wife, although no one knows why she was in the prison when the fire occurred. A statue commemorating the warden and the guards who lost their lives was built in the months after the tragedy—that statue still stands on the riverbank just outside of town. One piece of information stands out. Originally, Harrowstone housed only local criminals, but as the prison’s fame spread, other counties and distant lands began paying to have more dangerous criminals housed within this prison’s walls. At the time of the great Harrowstone Fire, the number of particularly violent or dangerous criminals imprisoned within the dungeons below was at an all-time high.

OOC: Please reference a particular knowledge skill if you want add to the raw roll.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases