Pathfinder RPG Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone - Page 19





+ Log in or register to post
Page 19 of 132 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1313
  1. #181
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,130

    Ignore mleibrock
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    "I couldn't make out all of the chicken scratches that were that writing. Dannis, would you be so kind as to read it to me very slowly? But, anyway, I will join you on this quest, regardless."

    stats, Besharrn Blacktusk

    S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

    AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
    FF:17
    T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

    HP:33/35

    Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

    Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

    Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

    Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
    OOC - Nice Leif! I had a tough time making out all the words in the handout too. Good job of keeping it IC!

 

  • #182
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,130

    Ignore mleibrock

    Falco

    Falco ponders Dannis' words. The recount of the handwritten notes and the somewhat apologetic ones to the half-orc. These are some good people, he thinks to himself. But of course the professor would not have asked us all here if they weren't.

    So, Falco will let these people/creatures in to his circle. We have some work to do and the best way to do it is but trusting they have your back and vice-versa. So be it.

    To the group Falco expresses his eagerness, "Sounds like we have some Good to do around here. My favorite kind of work. I can think of no better way to honor the professor's memory! Anything else useful in that chest? Any hidden panels?"

    Falco, will detect magic on the chest and look around for any secret panels

  • #183
    As the others read the professor's last notes, Brendan will refresh his cup of tea and go to a window and peer out as if thinking. After a few momnets, he says "In for a penny, In for a pound" and goes back to looking out the window.

  • #184
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    21,987
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRIC I Defended The Walls! Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif

    Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 33/35

    mleibrock
    Quote Originally Posted by mleibrock View Post
    OOC - Nice Leif! I had a tough time making out all the words in the handout too. Good job of keeping it IC!
    Thanks! I was gonna make OOC comments, but then I decided to just ham it up a little.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhun View Post
    "Succinctly put, there is a group of necromancers that calls themselves The Whispering Way. And they appear to be searching for something...no, someone that was held in Harrowstone Prison prior to its fiery end." The cleric moves to the sideboard to pour himself another drink, and takes a large gulp of the brandy. "However, it seems the ruins of the prison are haunted by restless spirits. In what form, I cannot say from what is noted here."

    Dannis moves closer to Besharrn, his bright blue eyes intent. "I have come to think little of orcs. Those that I have met are brutes that care little for the suffering of others. If you would join this fight, then it would seem that I have misjudged your kind. Your blade is most welcome."
    "Good! Let's do this thing!"

    stats, Besharrn Blacktusk

    S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

    AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
    FF:17
    T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

    HP:33/35

    Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

    Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

    Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

    Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]

  • #185
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    16,873
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Scotley
    Brendan sees little activity outside the window on this rainy evening not even a tubby halfling gardener trimming the verge. But something in the character of the lights of the town and the rain running down the window changes as he watches. Is it just a trick of light and shadow or are their some oppressive spirits leering down at the town from the clouds, some unnatural darkness that shouldn't be there? He glances back at his companions and after staring into the darkness without. The magical light within is too bright, washing out the colors and leaving his companions with a ghostly pallor that raises the hairs on the back of his neck. He shivers and find the tea in his cup has grown cold.

    Falco finds the box to be quite mundane with no observable hidden compartments. Below the journal there are some other books. The only magic he can sense within is of the minor preservative sort used to allow books to endure the ravages of time and the elements.

    Plain text reading of the handout

    Ten Months ago:
    The Whispering Way is more than just a cabal of necromancers. I see that now. Undeath is their fountain of youth. Uncovering their motivation does not place me at ease as I thought it might. Their desire to be eternal simply makes them more dangerous.

    Two Months Ago:
    It is as I had feared. The Way is interested in something here in Ravengro. But what could it be?

    One Month Ago:
    Whatever The Way seeks, I am now convinced their goal is connected to Harrowstone. In retrospect, I suppose it all makes some sense--the stories they tell about the ruins in town are certainly chilling enough. It may be time to investigate the ruins, but with everyone in town already being so worked up about them, I'd rather not let the others know about my curiosity--there's plenty of folks hereabouts who already think I'm a demonologist or a witch or something. Ignorant fools.

    Twenty Days Ago:
    It is confirmed. The Way seems quite interested in something--no, strike that--someone who was held in Harrowstone. But who, specifically, is the the Way after? I need a list of everyone who died the night of the fire. Everyone. The Temple of Pharasma must have such a list.

    Eighteen Days Ago:
    I see now just how ill prepared I was when I last set out for the Harrowstone. I am lucky to have returned at all. The ghosts, if indeed they were ghosts (for I did not find it prudent to investigate further) prevented me from transcribing the strange symbols I found etched along the foundation--hopefully on my next visit I will be more prepared. Thankfully, the necessary tools to defend against spirits are already here in Ravengro. I know that the church of Pharasma used to store them in a false crypt in the Restlands at the intersection between Eversleep and the Black Path. I am not certain if the current clergy even know of what their predecessors have hidden down below. If my luck holds, I should be able to slip in and out with a few borrowed items.

    Seventeen Days Ago:
    Tomorrow evening I return to the prison. It is imperative the Way does not finish. My caution has already cost me too much time. I am not sure what will happen if I am too late, but if my theory is right the entire town could be at risk. I don't have time to update my will, so I'll leave this in the chest where it'll be sure to be found, should the worst come to pass.

  • #186
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    21,987
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRIC I Defended The Walls! Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif

    Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 33/35

    "It would seem that we also have a need to speak to the priests of Pharasma. Perhaps we can borrow some of the same things that the Professor found so useful? And they may possibly have more information about Harrowstone that we can use."

    stats, Besharrn Blacktusk

    S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

    AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
    FF:17
    T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

    HP:33/35

    Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

    Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

    Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

    Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]

  • #187
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,801

    Ignore Rhun
    "It would seem that we are under something of a time crunch, though," says the cleric. "It was over two weeks ago that the Professor mentions running out of time. The Way may have already finished whatever it is they mean to accomplish."
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • #188
    "Gentlmen, perhaps it is the tea, herbs can do strange things after all, but would one you care to look at the village and tell me what you see" Brendan says

  • #189
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,801

    Ignore Rhun
    Dannis moves to the window, to look out into the rain beyond.
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • #190
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    21,987
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRIC I Defended The Walls! Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif

    Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 33/35

    Curious, Besharrn also moves to the window to observe the village.

    stats, Besharrn Blacktusk

    S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

    AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
    FF:17
    T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

    HP:33/35

    Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

    Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

    Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

    Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 19 of 132 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 119 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. OOC Scotley's Carrion Crown Pathfinder game
      By Scotley in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 35
      Last Post: Wednesday, 5th March, 2014, 02:34 PM
    2. HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC
      By HolyMan in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 649
      Last Post: Monday, 17th December, 2012, 12:46 PM
    3. HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC
      By HolyMan in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 702
      Last Post: Tuesday, 11th December, 2012, 03:53 PM
    4. Scotley's Carrion Crown RG
      By Scotley in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: Saturday, 3rd November, 2012, 06:26 PM
    5. The Haunting of Harrowstone
      By fggs02 in forum Gamers Seeking Gamers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th September, 2011, 08:57 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •