Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim also examines the books in his turn. Though he's familiar with the religions of both Urgathoa and Zon-Kuthon he has little to offer beyond what Dannis has already told the group.

"Let us get that third book, the really creepy one, to Judge Embreth Daramid as rapidly as possible! I'll not be able to sleep under the same roof with that foul thing!"

At Besharn's outburst, the archeologist quirks an eyebrow at the mercurial half-orc and takes a slow breath - not of impatience, but to slow his own rapid thoughts and clear his thinking. "I think we're getting in too much of a hurry about everything, and getting ourselves all tied up in knots as a result.

"While the Professor wanted these books delivered, his plain wish was that we stay with the Lady Kendra for at least a month. Also, the investigations he wrote of in his journal span a great deal of time. These things indicate to me that though there is some urgency to his investigation and to the delivery of the books, neither is a matter to be rushed. Also, he was a man of fairly formidable talent; though not a fighter by trade, he lived a long life and spent much of it in dangerous situations. If we rush pell-mell into a situation that ended his life, we might find ourselves joining him and leaving his work undone. Finally, though this town is small the law is a strong presence here. We've already met a barrister - a pseudo barrister at least - and we know the sheriff has real authority. The Lady Kendra calls this her home, and she already suffers more than her share of prejudice. I think we should do what we can to carry out the Professor's wishes without setting the town against her. Or against us, as we've given our word to stay with her for at least a month."

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

"Finally someone with a level head is speaking up. Here here!"

Vadim also examines the books in his turn. Though he's familiar with the religions of both Urgathoa and Zon-Kuthon he has little to offer beyond what Dannis has already told the group.

At Besharn's outburst, the archeologist quirks an eyebrow at the mercurial half-orc and takes a slow breath - not of impatience, but to slow his own rapid thoughts and clear his thinking. "I think we're getting in too much of a hurry about everything, and getting ourselves all tied up in knots as a result.

"While the Professor wanted these books delivered, his plain wish was that we stay with the Lady Kendra for at least a month. Also, the investigations he wrote of in his journal span a great deal of time. These things indicate to me that though there is some urgency to his investigation and to the delivery of the books, neither is a matter to be rushed. Also, he was a man of fairly formidable talent; though not a fighter by trade, he lived a long life and spent much of it in dangerous situations. If we rush pell-mell into a situation that ended his life, we might find ourselves joining him and leaving his work undone. Finally, though this town is small the law is a strong presence here. We've already met a barrister - a pseudo barrister at least - and we know the sheriff has real authority. The Lady Kendra calls this her home, and she already suffers more than her share of prejudice. I think we should do what we can to carry out the Professor's wishes without setting the town against her. Or against us, as we've given our word to stay with her for at least a month."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim looks down in amusement at the little halfling. He speaks kindly, and takes care to have no trace of patronization in his voice. "Thank you, my friend. Though I also feel compelled to point out that the Professor felt no need to keep these tomes under constant watch, and it's likely that we should also feel no such constraint. At this time, we've no indication that anyone else even knows the contents of the chest; I believe that that secrecy will be their best protection."

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 33/35

"Very well," says the half-orc resignedly. "I still don't like havin' them books here. Doubt if I'll be able to get to sleep in the same room with 'em..."

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk]
S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Vadim looks down in amusement at the little halfling. He speaks kindly, and takes care to have no trace of patronization in his voice. "Thank you, my friend. Though I also feel compelled to point out that the Professor felt no need to keep these tomes under constant watch, and it's likely that we should also feel no such constraint. At this time, we've no indication that anyone else even knows the contents of the chest; I believe that that secrecy will be their best protection."

Falco looks at the Half-Elf with a perplexed look. He speaks well and wise but he is just a baby for his race.

"You are correct my young friend but I wonder if he had the means if he would have. Obviously he thought it better to keep them secret than to employ someone to guard them and risk that person knowing something was obviously valuable in here. I say let's all have a seat again and agree on the best approach with the professor's daughter offering her thoughts."

Scotley

Hero
Kendra considers before speaking. "I have been safe in this house with these books for weeks quite alone. I suggest we lock them back in the box and put them back where they were until it is time to carry them from Ravengro. If you wish to go forth do so quietly and none will be sure you have left. I am not helpless."

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
B'rii

"We were asked in the will to stay here for a month. Obviously the professor thought that the danger to Kendra or the village would come to pass in the next 30 days. No need for us to get overly excited about leaving on the first night. We should just visit the graveyard and look around."

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 33/35

"I think we'd be honoring the professor's wishes if we just checked on Kendra each day."

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk]
S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
OOC: So is the plan now to visit the Restlands (the graveyard) this evening without Kendra or the books? It is only about 9:00 pm at this point.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Dannis is intent on visiting the graveyard this evening. He thinks having Kendra come along would be a good idea, and if there is concern over the books, each PC could carry one in their pack.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases