Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Rhun

First Post
Dannis nods at Vadim. "Please do. While I am not familiar with the specific burial practices of the region, I am a cleric of Sarenrae. I will ensure that we maintain the proper etiquette within, and that we do not unnecessarily disturb the dead."

Scotley

Hero
Falco keeps a sharp eye out. The clouds, rain and wind leave a constantly shifting mosaic of shadow in the areas you have passed, but so far there seems to be no one watching or following you.

Vadim examines the lock and notes that the lock is broken, its clasp melted by acid and then put back into place so that to casual observation the lock appears intact. Opening the door, which seems to have been oiled recently reveals a bit of the interior. Within, a f light of stone steps leads down into the cold earth to a large crypt lined with empty niches—no dead are interred here. At least none that you can see with the scant light coming in from the door. A decent and a light source will be needed to see more.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Dannis enters the tomb, and once inside withdraws a small grayish stone from his pouch. He holds it near his head, and after a moment it takes up a close orbit about him, and begins to glow with a steady light.

He nods to the others, and moves to descend the stairs into the crypt below.

OOC: Dannis will use his Ioun Torch.

Scotley

Hero
Dannis enters the tomb, and once inside withdraws a small grayish stone from his pouch. He holds it near his head, and after a moment it takes up a close orbit about him, and begins to glow with a steady light.

He nods to the others, and moves to descend the stairs into the crypt below.

OOC: Dannis will use his Ioun Torch.

OOC: Perception check for Dannis and any who follow him.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 33/35

Besharrn is right on the heels of Dannis and B'rii.

OOC: Perception +7 = 25 (+9 if this counts as underground = 27 )

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk]
S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: Perception +7 (+9 underground)

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
There is a layer of dust over everything here and little evidence of traffic in the long years since the place was built. The age of the place is apparent with cracks in the walls and a musty earthy smell of great age. A single set of faint foot prints can be seen leading deeper into the crypt. Kendra gasps, "Those must be my father's tracks. It feels strange following in his footsteps this way." The prints can be followed to single large sarcophagus that sits in the deepest part of the crypt. It seems that no one is buried here.

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

As Kendra mentions her father, Falco will ask, "Is that acid on the lock something he might have done? Very subtle." He says with a wry smile. Falco will continue to bring up the rear. Having heard a few stories about this area and now being in the bowels of a crypt, Falco will call out. "Can we stop for a sec? I'd like to bless the water in my skin.

Remove ads